PDA

View Full Version : Archangel Sparta Kits coming soon

Drache
04-25-2012, 08:12 PM
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu12/mp5k1/pmsparta1.jpg

Promag Sparta mini 14 stock

Next Generation Stock For Ruger Mini-14 / Mini-30 / 6.8 Ranch Rifles ( fits Ranch Rifle Version Only)

Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer Construction

Full Length Aluminum Top Rail

4 Position Collapsible Buttstock

7 Position Adjustable Cheek Riser

4 Integral Hard Points For Quick Detach Sling Swivels

Removable Recoil Pad

Grip Storage Compartment

Picatinny Rail Height Compatible With Same Plane AR-15 Flip Up Sights

$289.99 plus tax and shipping

http://www.hical.ca/apps/webstore/products/show/2886534

mlehto
04-25-2012, 09:27 PM
You advertising for Hical now?

LOL

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
04-25-2012, 09:49 PM
now if only the mini 14 was accurate you could look cool AND hit the broad side of the barn!

Strewth
04-25-2012, 10:42 PM
now if only the mini 14 was accurate you could look cool AND hit the broad side of the barn!

To make the Mini-14 more accurate, you simply load it into a slingshot and fire it at the barn...easy-peasy!

I'm sad I haven't seen anyone post an accuracy report before and after with this stock on...this lack makes me assume the worst. I would love cool lookin' stock to magically accurize my 180 series:(

loki
04-26-2012, 08:10 AM
The late 580 series and the 581 series with the tapered barrel has addressed the accuracy issues somewhat. It's still not a sub MOA rifle, but at least it's not a Minute of Barn rifle anymore :). It also no longer opens up groupings with a hot barrel. Normally I'd be right there with you guys but getting some trigger time on a 581 has changed my opinion.

I like the looks of this kit, too bad I can't get one in my hands and just got to jump in and buy it unseen. I'd like it more with some aluminum rails at the 3 - 6 - and 9 positions on the handguard, or at least some holes to mount my own (without drilling), but you can't win em all sometimes.

Drache
04-26-2012, 10:55 AM
You advertising for Hical now?

LOL

They are the only ones carry these kits than I can find :p

I'm sad I haven't seen anyone post an accuracy report before and after with this stock on...this lack makes me assume the worst. I would love cool lookin' stock to magically accurize my 180 series:(

From my understanding they are not in country yet, still pre-order only.

Canuck
04-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Sparta kits have been out for some time now.

loki
04-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Sparta kits have been out for some time now.

Well that cures the itch for a bit. I thought it was just filling pre-orders. I'm going to believe you and not contact Hical to find out... going to believe....must not contact hical.

jonanddad
04-28-2012, 03:54 AM
The kit does make the gun look better

Canuck
04-28-2012, 09:55 AM
The kit does make the gun look better
It does but it also makes it heavier. Takes away some of the portability. Good solid shooting platform though. Adjustable LOP and cheek riser. I like it.

Drewz
04-28-2012, 11:32 AM
I really like mine since I am a big guy. The extra LOP and cheek riser are nice so ergonomically it is a massive improvement. I have a new model in 6.8SPC and it shoots 1.5" at 100 yards five shot groups. TO be clear though I am using remmy match ammo. This gun is awesome in 6.8 SPC its too bad they stopped making them.

Canuck
04-28-2012, 11:42 AM
I really like mine since I am a big guy. The extra LOP and cheek riser are nice so ergonomically it is a massive improvement. I have a new model in 6.8SPC and it shoots 1.5" at 100 yards five shot groups. TO be clear though I am using remmy match ammo. This gun is awesome in 6.8 SPC its too bad they stopped making them.

When did that happen and do you know why?

Drewz
04-28-2012, 11:55 AM
ust did not take off from what I under stand. I know people like shooting the mini in .223 since it is cheap but I can go for varmit as well as deer with mine now. I shot my deer last fall with a Rob Arms XCR in 6.8 SPC and after it double lunged the deer it tore the lower leg off at the joint. Awesome calibre. I believe they stopped in 2010 but that is a guess. There is a review on gunblast and the guy loved the mini in 6.8 as well. Great video.