PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian Candidate for Athabasca

Mad Hatter
02-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Just posted over on CGOA that Tim Moen will be announcing his candidacy for MP with the Libertarian Party of Canada in Athabasca (Fort Mac) in the upcoming bi election.

Waterloomike
02-16-2014, 07:39 PM
They need one in the riding with that dick using Canyon to croon his blather.

The vote was so close here that the Libertarian candidate almost cost the cpc the seat. He did cost the lib and the dipper the seat.

I think the election there is all about different cpc candidates, right?

Here in ontario, it's always about cpc vs lib vs dippers.

Mad Hatter
02-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Alberta is so entrenched in Conservatism that our only hope is that some good ones find their way to the surface. And a few Libertarians give the bad ones a run. I guess maybe the one thing that Alberta has got going for it is its equally entrenched red neckism which to me translates to "Don't f with me or my rights."

Waterloomike
02-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Alberta is so entrenched in Conservatism that our only hope is that some good ones find their way to the surface. And a few Libertarians give the bad ones a run. I guess maybe the one thing that Alberta has got going for it is its equally entrenched red neckism which to me translates to "Don't f with me or my rights."

The first order of business for any libertarian involving themselves as members of government, should be fiscal conservatism. Rights should rank exactly the same or slightly ahead.

There are no fiscally conservative members of government under any banner.

The time may be ripe. Good as any, in any case.

killer kane
02-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Wouldn't that be sweet. Our own version of the Tea party.

Waterloomike
02-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Libertarians are more radical and usually less welcome.

But, a breath of fresh air is desperately needed in the Canadian political landscape.

As it sits, the landscape is as stagnant as a refugee camp latrine.

So....maybe. I'm not hopeful at this point, but just having a candidate is more than I imagined.