PDA

View Full Version : About to Change Address...Should I Wait to Send RPAL Application ?

frankthedog
02-18-2014, 05:50 PM
Hey all...so we are moving at the end of the month here...and im wondering should I wait until then to send in my application to upgrade my PAL to an RPAL ? just so the new address would be the one on the application ? and on that note should I call the CFC and tell them about my change of address before I send my application for the RPAL in ? what else should a guy update his address on ? vehicle insurance, drivers licence...

Strewth
02-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Heh, saw this post, but you sent it in already? Might as well, and then change it when you get it. Why add a month to the wait time? Unless there's an obscene cost associated with the change of address

awndray
02-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Change of address is free and it's not reflected on the card, - only in the system, so there's no need to wait. Also, you can do it online. That's how I did it. The change is instant. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/online_en-ligne/add_adr-eng.htm

JustBen
02-19-2014, 05:50 PM
As long as you don't own any restricted or prohibited firearms, a change of address is really easy. Even with restricted firearms, you just need the ATT to move.

There's a number of things you will need to change. It's expensive, but considering having your mail forwarded for a year. When stuff shows up in the mail, you change it as you go, other than the basic stuff.

frankthedog
02-19-2014, 11:33 PM
changed my address on the RCMP website last night...sent my RPAL application away today with the new place as the address on the application