PDA

View Full Version : Riding deer down a hill.

road kill
02-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Well it sure got quiet on the news after the video of some guys riding a wounded deer down a hill. Turns out they were some first nation guys, don't seem to respect the animals very much. Sorry i haven't provided a link as my web skills are nonexistent, i saw the video on Global new last week, aparently SERM and the RCMP are "looking into it". Happened in Loon Lake area.

TV-PressPass
02-19-2014, 10:13 AM
I read a little about this. In saskatchewan somewhere's?

Shameful stuff.

BrotherRockeye
02-19-2014, 11:05 AM
geez and deer season ends before XMas here...

chalk another one up for the stewards of nature...

Strewth
02-19-2014, 11:27 AM
I don't think riding the animal down the hill to get it out of the bush is inherently a bad idea, and maybe it's kicking because of random nerve firings(doubt it, but maybe), but why would they laugh and post this on the 'net. It neatly showcases every bad stereotype that can be found in the participants. Disrespectful to the animal, hunters, their people, and themselves.

awndray
02-19-2014, 11:28 AM
This? http://globalnews.ca/video/1148873/saskatchewan-wildlife-investigating-disturbing-deer-video

If they were indeed First Nations people, no wonder the media stopped talking about it. Who wants another one of those fights at their doorstep? It's a shame nobody has the balls to do it.

BrotherRockeye
02-19-2014, 01:02 PM
like I said...

harbl_the_cat
02-19-2014, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuFtKn87JbA

Grainy cell phone video of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN0GrlRPRlw

FALover
02-19-2014, 05:34 PM
You would think the nutbars at PETA would be all over this. I guess it only matters if it is someone other than a minority group that causes them grief.

addictedshooter
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
I think I just lost 30 million brain cells watching that.

Trucker
02-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Crap like this wrecks it for people hunt ethically as well as for gun owners in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harbl_the_cat
02-19-2014, 06:50 PM
How do you guys know they used a gun for the hunt?

Trucker
02-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Well they said they shot it. I suppose they could have used a bow..... But if you ride a deer down a hill Im inclined to think bow hunting might be to difficult for the guys in the vid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awndray
02-19-2014, 08:52 PM
The cameraman names the man riding the deer "we just shot," then yells at him to steer.

"Keep on going. You got it. Stay on, stay on!" he yells.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/12/hunter-wounded-deer-sled_n_4776590.html

I guess when you hunt with a bow you're still "shooting", but who really know what they were referring to?

road kill
02-20-2014, 05:21 AM
From the info i read on another site the guy filming was a band council member, don't know if it happened on reserve land though. I don't anticipate anything coming of the investigation or if charges are laid the courts will do sweet f all.

VancouverSkiBum
02-20-2014, 06:12 AM
wow... :confused: ....

iroczu
04-29-2014, 05:46 PM
This? http://globalnews.ca/video/1148873/saskatchewan-wildlife-investigating-disturbing-deer-video

If they were indeed First Nations people, no wonder the media stopped talking about it. Who wants another one of those fights at their doorstep? It's a shame nobody has the balls to do it.

it is completely mind boggling what the hell the ones who commit crimes or cruelty to people and animals and it gets brushed aside because of treaties. No offense to the ones who are legitimately not abusing the system or their rights I respect those ones, but for the ones who don't have respect should have their rights revoked. Everyone else has rules and laws to obey by with consequences if not adhered to, what ever happened to equal rights! where i used to work we revoked a booincrocket moose because it was harvested after legal shooting time

Strewth
05-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Just heard on the CBC no charges will be laid. See what gets printed tomorrow morning. Not impressed.

iroczu
05-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Wow that's bs

DOOK
05-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Im sure far worse happens in the bush that we never hear about.
Stupid decision to post this though. I almost wonder if they feel emboldened with such impunity that they know it doesn't matter what they do, nothing will happen.

Strewth
05-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Im sure far worse happens in the bush that we never hear about.
Stupid decision to post this though. I almost wonder if they feel emboldened with such impunity that they know it doesn't matter what they do, nothing will happen.

I hope worse things don't happen, but they probably do. The problem is that once found, the idea is that people that display cruelty to animals should be held accountable for their actions and as a negative example to others.
Or hey! Let go, with no punishment! We should all do this! It's OK by our laws and by association, our society!

iroczu
05-13-2014, 05:14 PM
And you know what was probably pulled out in court ..... You guessed it "why are we getting picked on waaa waaa waaa " this stuff is so irritating already government needs to put their foot down on the abuse and neglect to Canadian rights

iroczu
05-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Just wondering what happened to the video links??

Strewth
05-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Just wondering what happened to the video links??

Lots got pulled, as one of the idiots in the video (Donovan Fineblanket of Loon Lake, as identified on John Gormley Live) got them off his FaceBook page. they're still floating around though. LiveLeak?

iroczu
05-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Haven't looked to hard tbh I linked the one off here onto face book when I saw it the first time but never did check that link but it's probably taken down too since I used the YouTube link from the link on here