PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Arms Prohibited

Pages : 1 [2]

BrotherRockeye
03-01-2014, 04:39 PM
mike, an SR22 is simply a 10/22 in a factory "aftermarket" style stock that accepts AR furniture. they go after the SR22, guaranteed every 10/22 will be a variant, since it is the exact same rifle

and you can add every semi auto everything if that makes the list.

the only reason the sr22 is on the list is because of it's appearance.

might haveta build a tactical stock for my kids Cooey single shot...

Steveo9mm
03-01-2014, 07:32 PM
mike, an SR22 is simply a 10/22 in a factory "aftermarket" style stock that accepts AR furniture. they go after the SR22, guaranteed every 10/22 will be a variant, since it is the exact same rifle

Dont give them any more ideas ... I want a 10/22 :run:

Waterloomike
03-01-2014, 08:31 PM

Son of a b. I know what you're talking about now.

Now that level of stupidity is very tangible.

blacksmithden
03-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Sorry but the SR22 is on "the list", mentioned by name. RCMP mention it in Section 6 under AR family of firearms. What is their intent with it?

http://static.globalnews.ca/content/interactives/documents/general_news_bucket/A-2012-00068.PDF

Their intent is to eventually ban it. After all, it looks like a Hollywood assault rifle. As we all know, it's similar to an AR like a tractor trailer is similar to a Prius. They both have tires, so they must be the same thing, right ?

Foxer
03-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Their intent is to eventually ban it. After all, it looks like a Hollywood assault rifle. As we all know, it's similar to an AR like a tractor trailer is similar to a Prius. They both have tires, so they must be the same thing, right ?

AND they both have steering wheels too don't forget! Hey, maybe tires alone might not be proof but if they both have tires AND a steering wheel, then i'd have to say that's pretty damning evidence that they're just variants.

Also - they both use internal combustion engines. Know what else uses engines? Tanks. That's right, military tanks for years had them. Do you REALLY think civilians NEED tanks? I sure don't. Ban the prius now, before it's too late for our children! Because civvies don't need tanks.

(having lowered myself to thinking like an anti for even a few minutes, I must now go have a shower, a nap, and an extra strength tylenol.)

Strewth
03-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Actually in very limited studies (they're so new) Priusesses have hit 50% more pedestrians, and almost twice as many cyclists as other cars, there are also visually challenged groups calling for their ban, or at least a signalling device to be installed.

Electric cars. Silent death. Twice as likely to run over your child. One was once driven by a paedophile. Would you drive around in a molester car? Also suppressors! They all come designed with sound suppressors, just like those myrmidon Navy SEALS! They also put my son, a petroleum distillates retail distributor out of a job. These killing machines cause unemployment.

dakott
03-02-2014, 12:44 AM
Been saving for quite awhile and would be in this pile of dog dew but for the chap I was speaking to the first week of February. He suggested that I hold off till mid March. Had he taken the order, the firearm would have been nicely wrapped to deliver to the police vaults and I would have been out almost 4G's?!? All I want is a fast shooting, dependable and accurate firearm for some hard use on my trapline for wolves, coyotes, lynx, fox and nuisance beaver in the summer!!!

I have my letters all written and ready for the post Monday, PM, Minister, MP and MPP!!! This is definitely not a firearms safety issue or even a public safety issue??? If I am reading the media reports correctly, it is a political move by the RCMP brass thumbing their noses at our elected officials and lab rats playing loose with the lives of those that wish to enjoy the safe and legal use of Firearms...

Write your letters, make your calls and do not go quietly into the night on this one!!!

Foxer
03-02-2014, 01:47 AM
Write your letters, make your calls and do not go quietly into the night on this one!!!

Yes. We need to impress upon them that there are a HUGE number of firearms owners that are quite upset about this, and that a resolution that permanently deals with the problem is our expectation from a CPC gov't.

Make noise. Be civil, but make noise.

Bigbuckbog56
03-06-2014, 05:01 PM
To Foxer.This is provincial territory.Each province has to shot down the CFO list which gets its info from sales.As for the early comment to REMEMBER everything that has been done at my age I'm beginning to forget some of the things that have taken place on this merry ride into a police state.Pretty simple really,1.Disarm the population,2.Disrespect/disobey the elected government,3.RCMP take over.Gentlemen its on the way and moving faster all the time.

awndray
03-06-2014, 05:10 PM
This is NOT provincial jurisdiction. It's federal. Write your letters accordingly.

Bigbuckbog56
03-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Funny this province got rid of the provoncial records.Look before you lip.

awndray
03-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Wait till there's a flood in your town ;)

Strewth
03-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Funny this province got rid of the provoncial records.Look before you lip.

Yes, but this thread is about an RCMP prohibition, it's Canada-wide, affecting us all. Armi-Jaegers and Walthers notwithstanding, this is the first time the federal police force has prohibited currently owned firearms in the internet age, we are in this from coast to coast to coast.

Haywire1
03-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Provincial sales records have nothing to do with the RCMP prohibiting firearms, or sharing info as it pertains to the prohibition. Stay on topic. Also just a reminder that respectful debate/disagreement is fine, trolling is not. Carry on

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Foxer
03-07-2014, 03:02 AM
this is the first time the federal police force has prohibited currently owned firearms in the internet age, we are in this from coast to coast to coast.
Wellll... type 97 :) But in fairness they weren't owned for decades.