PDA

View Full Version : Class Action on the RCMP reclassification of the Swiss Arms Classic Green Rifle

mouthpiece
02-27-2014, 05:53 AM
I am looking for a lead plaintiff or plaintiff to begin a class action for detrimental reliance against the RCMP who have cause all owners to have a loss with out compensation. The loss is the present value of what was paid or the value on the market. This is easily documented by retail receipt or by the market price. For a new or used gun. The compensation sought will be the value,

The owners relied on the opinion of the RCMP as was stated in the FRT for a decade. Now their sudden change of mind has destroyed the value of the gun. There is not government buy back

The class action will seek compensation for nanyang all owners who have surrender their Swiss arms Classic Green

This is a separate civil action from any attempt to challenge the reclassification

I am also looking at the procedure to challenge the reclassification,

That challenge is separate and is not inconsistent with the class action for compensation.

The challenge to the reclassification would be in superior court which has the power to review angovernment decision.

I know thatchers had to be a memo that went from the RCMP to a government minister who then approved the actions of the RCMP, I know because of prior and present involvement in reclassification challenges

I can be messaged here

I am licensed to practice law across Canada

I have brought a team of lawyers and experts to assist on this reclassification since I learned of it last night.

Edward Burlew LL.B

Barrister and Solicitor
16 John Street
Thornhill, Ontario

stevesummit
02-27-2014, 08:45 AM
What kind of $$ are you wanting up front as I would be interested in this

Candychikita
02-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Nice to see you on here Mr. Burlew.

Just to clarify: you are looking for a current owner of one of the now prohibited swiss arms classic green rifle to act as plantiff to begin the class action suit?

Other than using their name, what else does this plantiff need to do? With respect to costs, will all fees be paid with the proceeds of the settlement at the end on a contingency basis?

Thank you for looking to start this up.

Leprechaun84
02-27-2014, 11:57 AM
What is the status of the other Swiss Arms rifles? Has the Black Special also been reclassified as a prohibited firearm?

Angel 45
02-27-2014, 12:02 PM
What is the status of the other Swiss Arms rifles? Has the Black Special also been reclassified as a prohibited firearm? FRT # 129006 Swiss Arms Black Special Carbine
FRT # 119587 Swiss Arms Black Special
FRT # 119482 Swiss Arms Classic Green
FRT # 124216 Swiss Arms Classic Green Carbine
FRT # 124218 Swiss Arms Classic Green CQB
FRT # 119588 Swiss Arms Heavy Metal
FRT # 119485 Swiss Arms Red Devil
FRT # 119484 Swiss Arms Edition

Leprechaun84
02-27-2014, 12:07 PM
FRT # 129006 Swiss Arms Black Special Carbine
FRT # 119587 Swiss Arms Black Special
FRT # 119482 Swiss Arms Classic Green
FRT # 124216 Swiss Arms Classic Green Carbine
FRT # 124218 Swiss Arms Classic Green CQB
FRT # 119588 Swiss Arms Heavy Metal
FRT # 119485 Swiss Arms Red Devil
FRT # 119484 Swiss Arms Edition

So the whole family of Swiss Arms rifles is prohibited? I don't even know what to say; this is absurd.

Steveo9mm
02-27-2014, 02:48 PM
EMT?

awndray
02-27-2014, 02:51 PM
He's here too. We don't need to cross-post.

RobSmith
02-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Hmm, that's now the entire list of Swiss (color) rifles ...

Waterloomike
02-27-2014, 06:15 PM
When it's money time, I'll pony up all I can.

Foxer
02-27-2014, 07:02 PM
I'd chip in. Nice to see you again Mr Burlew :)

Edenchef
02-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Can we legally give financial support to this action even if we do not actually own anything from Swiss Arms? If yes.....I'm in.

Cheers!

awndray
02-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Contributions are welcome to Ed Burlew IN TRUST and note it is for the Swiss Arms actions.

Ed Burlew LL.B.
Barrister and Solicitor
16 John Street
Thornhill, ON L3T1X8

1-888-GUNLOSS
1-888-486-5677

webster
02-27-2014, 10:49 PM
^Thank you. I don't own a Swiss Arms rifle but I'll do what I can to fight this bullsh!t. It's only a matter of time before it does affect me.

Strewth
02-27-2014, 11:02 PM
Waiting for an answer to the questions in post #2 and #3, is this started yet? I'll chip in what I can.

Satain
02-28-2014, 12:34 AM
Count me in 100%!

awndray
02-28-2014, 11:34 AM
From the other site:
In light of the recent actions of the RCMP re-classifying the Swiss Arms rifles to prohibited status PGW Defence Technologies will donate $5000.00 to the legal fund supporting the class action litigation as outlined by Ed Burlew and we would furthermore challenge all Canadian firearms businesses to do the same.

While we do not currently produce any semi-automatic rifles we do produce rifles that one day could be subject to the same arbitrary, unnecessary and inane actions the RCMP have applied to the Swiss Arms line which is completely unacceptable and me must do all we can as a community to stop the erosion of our rights.

Ben
02-28-2014, 12:47 PM
BIG thumbs up to PGW.

Not only do they manufacture a fantastic product, but are willing to stand up for ALL.

no2fembots
02-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Count me in for a donation. I hope every member contributes, even 10 bucks! Do it!

Candychikita
02-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Interesting. Mr. Burlew's office is not accepting donations at this time/any longer?

awndray
02-28-2014, 05:21 PM
The suit is still in its infancy. He probably wants to build the case before accepting any donations.

Foxer
02-28-2014, 07:23 PM
The suit is still in its infancy. He probably want build the case before accepting any donations.

I'm quite sure you're right. Ed's a pretty honest fellow (ya know - for a lawyer and all :) :) :) ) and won't likely want to take any funds till he's sure it's going to proceed. After all - a class action suit at the very least needs the support of the class you're acting on behalf of :) it'll take a little time to get folks organized I would think.

RD777
02-28-2014, 07:55 PM
How about another class action..... involving all firearms owners involved in High River, the SA gun grab, and now the cz858 grab, who had their privacy rights that are protected by the Charter, violated by the RCMP by using LGR data that was ordered destroyed by Parliament.
This is the largest breach of Charter Rights since the Charter was written. Using illegal data, to confiscate property of Canadian Citizens, in a political game of chicken, and making 1000s of law abiding firearms owners criminals.... right before our eyes. IRT
A class action seeking damages of an amount so shockingly high, that the RCMP and government would never attempt something like this again. After paying out a settlement of course.
1 Billion dollars damages. We'll settle for 750 million. :D

pawzitiv
02-28-2014, 09:16 PM
While I don't own a Swiss Arms carbine subject to this arbitrary reclassification, I will wholeheartedly support any class action with a donation.

Seems to me that the bureaucrat(s) responsible for this reclassification should be on the receiving end of class action suit under Tort Law as well. Even though the reclassification doesn't directly affect me, it deliberately interferes with my emotional tranquility and my perceived dominion over my property.

Foxer
02-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Seems to me that the bureaucrat(s) responsible for this reclassification should be on the receiving end of class action suit under Tort Law as well.

they`re pretty much covered by insurance.

Jewells
02-28-2014, 11:11 PM
I also don't own a swiss arms or cz but am happy to contribute. This BS affects us all

Strewth
02-28-2014, 11:13 PM
The suit is still in its infancy. He probably wants to build the case before accepting any donations.

Makes sense. Keep us posted, mouthpiece.

Jewells
02-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Sounds reasonable to me!

RigStar
03-03-2014, 09:37 PM
I took all the training, last spring, in order to enjoy the hobby of shooting and marksmanship. My father in law is an avid shooter. The first firearm I purchased was an SG 550 (not restricted).

mouthpiece
04-19-2014, 04:15 PM
The Statement of Claim is Drafted! I will be signing up lead plaintiffs NOW ! Contact my office or meet me at the Swiss Arms diner on the 26th. I will also be signing Plaintiffs up for the CZ858 action.

blacksmithden
04-20-2014, 12:23 AM
The Statement of Claim is Drafted! I will be signing up lead plaintiffs NOW ! Contact my office or meet me at the Swiss Arms diner on the 26th. I will also be signing Plaintiffs up for the CZ858 action.

BIG LIKE !

Candychikita
04-20-2014, 11:15 PM
thank you :D

blacksmithden
04-21-2014, 12:18 AM
Listen to Ed and Chris discuss how things really work on Slam Fire Radio - episode 53. The interview starts around the 40 minute make. WELL worth the listen.

Foxer
04-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Glad to see it's moving forward. Even if the gov't does step up and make real change to deal with the issue, it's stuff like this that helps really hold their feet to the fire and sends a clear message we won't lay down for this kind of crap.

Candychikita
04-28-2014, 02:55 PM
I received in the mail a letter from Ed Burlew regarding the class action lawsuit if anyone here is interested, hopefully this attachment stuff works.

I found the section regarding the mental distress section of this letter to be incredibly intriguing. We have threads on people selling their firearms out of stress and anxiety due to this reclassification and some uneasy firearms owners in general...if they can reclassify these, what's to stop them from reclassifying X Y and Z?

As well...pay attention to the storage part.

Please read. Donate to the fund. Make sure you are stored correctly.

riderrick
04-28-2014, 04:43 PM
I don't own a rifle so my opinion isn't worth much but I don't support any compensation for confiscation.

Foxer
04-28-2014, 06:40 PM
I don't own a rifle so my opinion isn't worth much but I don't support any compensation for confiscation.

Well if you own a gun at all your opinion counts, because this could happen to any of us.

Haywire1
04-28-2014, 07:06 PM
A shooter is a shooter, regardless oh what they own, or even if they dont own a thing. We stand together or we fall separately

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Waterloomike
04-28-2014, 07:28 PM

Well, would you want compensation for what you do own?

Compensation isn't justice or what should happen here.

But as Mr. Burlew has presented the case in the document, compensation would carry a lot of weight, especially since compensation is more of a financial burden for the anxiety the reclassification inflicts than the rifles themselves. Which, who knows, might lead to having the rifle restored to non restricted. This is a burden they must not have considered. It's a brilliant maneuver.

Having the rcmp reverse a decision would be a huge milestone in this battle.

As the others said, we hang together or we all hang separately, one reclassification at a time.

riderrick
04-28-2014, 07:43 PM
I own guns just not one that's been reclassified. There is no burden fiscally the governments agrees to compensation we (the tax payer) all pay. After the lawyers collect there fees what will the compensation really be? The fight should be against the legitimacy of the reclassification. To me compensation means reclassification is okay.

Foxer
04-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Well, would you want compensation for what you do own?

Compensation isn't justice or what should happen here.

But as Mr. Burlew has presented the case in the document, compensation would carry a lot of weight, especially since compensation is more of a financial burden for the anxiety the reclassification inflicts than the rifles themselves. Which, who knows, might lead to having the rifle restored to non restricted. This is a burden they must not have considered. It's a brilliant maneuver.

Having the rcmp reverse a decision would be a huge milestone in this battle.

As the others said, we hang together or we all hang separately, one reclassification at a time.

You're right Mike in that at least if they HAD to provide compensation it would make them think twice about reclassification and confiscation. If it cost the gov't money every time they did it, they would be very motivated to limit how often it happens and on what scale. Compensation is not a 'good' option - but at least gun owners could buy a gun knowing if the police messed with them they'd get their money back AND that the gov't would not be happy about spending that kind of money so they're less likely to do it. Especially when budgets are tight.

We should push to require compensation for any reclassifications at all in the future AND push to limit the cops ability to do it in the first place. If the class action lawsuit demonstrates they must compensate (especially for 'uncertainty') then it will be a major blow against the cops doing anything else in the future and a motivator for the gov't to change things.

Waterloomike
04-28-2014, 07:56 PM
I own guns just not one that's been reclassified. There is no burden fiscally the governments agrees to compensation we (the tax payer) all pay. After the lawyers collect there fees what will the compensation really be? The fight should be against the legitimacy of the reclassification. To me compensation means reclassification is okay.

You're right.

But the reclassification is in place.

What I was saying, is that maybe the Burlew maneuver is the way to get it changed back.

They'll never change it back on logical, technical or moral grounds. They don't possess any of that and would refuse to acknowledge it's existence.

Waterloomike
04-28-2014, 07:59 PM
You're right Mike in that at least if they HAD to provide compensation it would make them think twice about reclassification and confiscation. If it cost the gov't money every time they did it, they would be very motivated to limit how often it happens and on what scale. Compensation is not a 'good' option - but at least gun owners could buy a gun knowing if the police messed with them they'd get their money back AND that the gov't would not be happy about spending that kind of money so they're less likely to do it. Especially when budgets are tight.

We should push to require compensation for any reclassifications at all in the future AND push to limit the cops ability to do it in the first place. If the class action lawsuit demonstrates they must compensate (especially for 'uncertainty') then it will be a major blow against the cops doing anything else in the future and a motivator for the gov't to change things.

What I really hope, is that the financial burden will be too expensive and they'll just reverse the reclassification.

Malus
04-28-2014, 08:23 PM

If we intermingle "compensation" when dealing with confiscation, I have to agree with riderick. As much as you say government is "tight" budgeted, they derive all income from us. The monetary trade off is a win for those that want to take our guns away. They (government) could tie up class actions for years, even decades whilst continuing on with the program of confiscation, one group at a time. I want no deal where they cut me a cheque and take my property. I think they call that eminent domain. Hate to have those couple words over my head where my "private property" is concerned. Sure, compensation is better than outright asset forfeiture, but, its still another nail in the coffin........

We need this government to rescind C-68.

riderrick
04-28-2014, 08:36 PM
I don't see dollar amounts affecting political or bureaucratic decisions in the amounts we are talking here. If they compensate for all the swiss arms and cz858s would it top 20 million? they'll spend that on legal fees just to fight giving the money back not because what they did was wrong, and when the loose they will pay. Because the money means nothing to them.

I see this as a lose lose situation for gun owners. If they win the case the future reclassifications become easier, and sooner than later the compensation will cease. If they lose reclassification becomes a free for all.

Foxer
04-28-2014, 11:01 PM
I don't see dollar amounts affecting political or bureaucratic decisions in the amounts we are talking here.

Believe it or not, 20 million dollars is actually a lot of money even to the feds, especially when it wasn't budgeted for. Remember it doesn't come out of 'the' budget, it comes out of some department's budget and they will be quite pissed about it as it may represent a significant hunk out of their budget.

Then there's the optics. Canadians went bonkers over a 14 dollar glass of orange juice. They went ballistic over 60 thousand dollars in senate perks. Headlines like "federal gov't wastes 20,000,000 dollars to buy back rifles allowed for 12 years" are incredibly embarrassing, and it does get people worked up.

And that's for THIS time - if they don't control the RCMP, how many more millions will they spend next time? And when will 'next time' be?

They won't like it one little bit, and while it won't bankrupt the country it does mean they have 20 million less to spend on something that would have won votes rather than pissing people off.

Plus - there's always the chance those gun owners will donate a hunk of that 20 million to the opposition to show how THEY feel about it :) :) :)

Foxer
04-28-2014, 11:05 PM
As much as you say government is "tight" budgeted, they derive all income from us. The monetary trade off is a win for those that want to take our guns away. They (government) could tie up class actions for years, even decades whilst continuing on with the program of confiscation, one group at a time. I want no deal where they cut me a cheque and take my property. I think they call that eminent domain. Hate to have those couple words over my head where my "private property" is concerned. Sure, compensation is better than outright asset forfeiture, but, its still another nail in the coffin........

Malus, as a stand alone solution you're right, it doesn't work. It's just something that goes hand in hand with other solutions to increase the 'undesirability' of reclassification. We want to throw as many roadblocks in their way as possible, and motivate gov'ts as much as possible to prevent it. That's one roadblock - completely unacceptable by itself but useful as part of an overall stratagey.

But - if it's ALL we had we can make it hurt a lot more :) We simply adopt a policy that any money returned as part of a gun grab gets donated to the opposition. You get 3/4 of it back at tax time anyway, so it doesn't cost that much. Think the gov't will be eager to give 20 million dollars to their opponents war chest? :)

Waterloomike
04-29-2014, 05:22 AM
It's a stepping stone, not the whole journey.

C-68 won't be rescinded in one fell swoop.

We'll have to hack at the tree that is Bill C-68 with an axe, because we don't have a chainsaw.

The arguments in favour of repeal are correct. But it's not going to happen until there are consequences for the government and in this case, the rcmp.

Lets not forget that cost was a major factor in the repeal of the lgr.

Satain
04-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Well yet again nothing will happen over this bs & yes I mean bs to the fullest extent of the RCMP ever changing rule book.

Malus
04-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Malus, as a stand alone solution you're right, it doesn't work. It's just something that goes hand in hand with other solutions to increase the 'undesirability' of reclassification. We want to throw as many roadblocks in their way as possible, and motivate gov'ts as much as possible to prevent it. That's one roadblock - completely unacceptable by itself but useful as part of an overall stratagey.

But - if it's ALL we had we can make it hurt a lot more :) We simply adopt a policy that any money returned as part of a gun grab gets donated to the opposition. You get 3/4 of it back at tax time anyway, so it doesn't cost that much. Think the gov't will be eager to give 20 million dollars to their opponents war chest? :)

What would happen if the millions of licensed gun owners (even a couple hundred thousand would suffice) showed up on parliament hill to show their displeasure? I would re-arrange my holidays, hell, I'd take a leave of absence to attend (and I'm on the west coast) because this is that important. If the RCMP gets this one, even a little (eminent domain), there will be no stopping them. Serious to me is people giving up some of their "valuable" free time, maybe one less holiday or don't upgrade that 3 year old car for a the latest one on teevee or quit upgrading your electronic junk (you get my point). I'd even (heaven forbid), delay a gun purchase to fund the trip. Maybe, the NFA needs to put the word out for a walk for freedom on parliament hill. That would be showing that we're serious and quite possibly be able to get us on MSM (sarcasm).......

Steveo9mm
04-29-2014, 07:46 PM

You know they are coming for your guns too right....

riderrick
04-30-2014, 08:43 AM
You know they are coming for your guns too right....

i am talking about a swiss arms or cz858. i know my guns are on the block as well. i will not support a compensation fight as stated in a later post than you quoted it is a lose lose for us.

mr. mouthpiece has every right to do this if he can get clients which i hope no one joins in this suit. once the lawyer is paid gun owners will only get a fraction of the value of the gun which they will have no choice but to take and give up said gun.

Waterloomike
04-30-2014, 08:44 AM
So don't even try?

Just sit and wait until they come for yours?

And then what?

riderrick
04-30-2014, 11:44 AM
i think the nfa approach is better than this

Waterloomike
04-30-2014, 01:44 PM
i think the nfa approach is better than this

A hearing?

What do you expect to come from it?

I'm not knocking it, just asking.

Waterloomike
05-01-2014, 04:44 AM
riderrick, again, you're not wrong. I can easily see your pov.

I think the way this will happen in the end, is if we throw everything we have and everything there is at that wall and keep chipping and eroding the wall until it falls.

One single idea or one single effort gives them an opportunity to focus resources on one spot. It's easier to fix a dam with a single leak and a focused effort on one area, than it is to put your fingers into many many holes.

It's going to take everything we can throw at them. And likely have to do it over and over.

Foxer
05-01-2014, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=Waterloomike;140991
I think the way this will happen in the end, is if we throw everything we have and everything there is at that wall and keep chipping and eroding the wall until it falls.

One single idea or one single effort gives them an opportunity to focus resources on one spot. It's easier to fix a dam with a single leak and a focused effort on one area, than it is to put your fingers into many many holes.

It's going to take everything we can throw at them. And likely have to do it over and over.[/QUOTE]
Which, when you think about it, is precisely how they got us.

You're quite right Waterloomike. The answer is to come at them from every direction and with every impediment we can to make it harder and harder for them to come after us. Some things will stick, some will not, some will be major obstacles and some will be speedbumps - but when you add it all up the effect can be paralyzing.

We're not going to win this with a home run - we're going to win this with a bunch of base hits.

Waterloomike
05-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Which, when you think about it, is precisely how they got us.

You're quite right Waterloomike. The answer is to come at them from every direction and with every impediment we can to make it harder and harder for them to come after us. Some things will stick, some will not, some will be major obstacles and some will be speedbumps - but when you add it all up the effect can be paralyzing.

We're not going to win this with a home run - we're going to win this with a bunch of base hits.

Small ball with a huge roster.

Foxer
05-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Small ball with a huge roster.

Exactly - and we have the advantage that unlike baseball we can keep sending up as many batters as we like no matter how many strike out as long as we don't give up.

Call it what you will - boil the frog, death by a thousand cuts, etc etc - if ANY idea causes them even a little grief, we do it even if it's something that's not a permanent solution for us. And we keep going and going till it's just too much effort for them to pull this crap anymore. Which is what they tried to do with us - one regulation after another to make it harder and harder for people to own guns. Right down to their latest little slap, taking 'gunsmiths' off the list on LT-ATT's.

Waterloomike
05-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Exactly - and we have the advantage that unlike baseball we can keep sending up as many batters as we like no matter how many strike out as long as we don't give up.

Call it what you will - boil the frog, death by a thousand cuts, etc etc - if ANY idea causes them even a little grief, we do it even if it's something that's not a permanent solution for us. And we keep going and going till it's just too much effort for them to pull this crap anymore. Which is what they tried to do with us - one regulation after another to make it harder and harder for people to own guns. Right down to their latest little slap, taking 'gunsmiths' off the list on LT-ATT's.

IMHO, that's the perfect or only tact. It would be unrealistic to think that long ball will get you anywhere. Because it won't be allowed.

We have to be more oriental in our thinking and get beyond the "what's the bottom line for the next quarter?" type of thinking.

We have to think long term and recognise that every quarter will be small returns, and that there will be setbacks and losses, so we must look much further down the road for the big payoff.

riderrick
05-01-2014, 04:13 PM
To be honest Mike I have not kept up on this. From what I recall there are 2 fights going on. This class action suit and a challenge to the way classification are handled.

The way I see it is if the class action is successful then reclassification will be much easier, if it fails the result to gun owners is the same without compensation.

The challenge to the way classification are done will either change or we will know all guns are up for the grab.

I am getting tired of death by a 1000 cuts.

Foxer
05-01-2014, 05:43 PM
I am getting tired of death by a 1000 cuts.

They're counting on that. Be strong.

The way I see it is if the class action is successful then reclassification will be much easier, if it fails the result to gun owners is the same without compensation.

No, if the class action succeeds reclassification will become more difficult. It will mean that the court agrees that it represents a failure on the part of the govt/rcmp to do their jobs right in the first place, and that it is and will be very expensive to do, which will make them think long and hard about reclassifying anything expensive or numerous in the future. The gov't will hate the idea and be much more motivated to put controls on doing it.

In fact, the mere threat of it will be a powerful motivator for the gov't to take action on the second front - changing how and who classifies guns in the first place which is the fight we really want to win. They will want to move on that because if they do it shuts down the lawsuit effectively as it resolves the issue and puts the classifications back the way it was.

And nothing is 'either or' - we win one way or we find other ways and we just don't stop. We must be relentless. it's not a flip of the coin, (heads or tails) it's a game of chess - a piece gets moved, and then we move another till we win.

Or we concede the game. And thats not a good thing.

killer kane
05-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Plus the fact that non compliance will more than likely steadily rise as well.

mouthpiece
05-05-2014, 06:44 PM
On May 5th a proposed class action was filed in Federal Court for a declaratory order. Tha the Swiss Arms are not prohibited or in the alternative for compensation and in any event for damages for mental distress and anxiety for how this has been handled . A similar action was begun for the CZ858

Strangeday
05-05-2014, 09:11 PM
I wonder how the government will respond

Foxer
05-05-2014, 09:27 PM
I wonder how the government will respond
They will go thru the process of the court proceedings, dragging things out till they can put forward their 'permanent solution' and then argue that the suit is not relevant anymore as the guns have been reclassified back to what they were under the new law and the whole thing goes away for them without ever having seen a day in court.

Which is why it was very important that the cases were started.

mouthpiece
05-06-2014, 06:02 AM
The best way to know how the government is reacting is to become part of the action through participation. There is no financial obligation to pay the legal team Burlew has assembled. Your evidence o f distress and how this classification has affected you is very important . For a package contact

Edward Burlew LL.B.
16 john St
Thornhill, Ontario
L3T1X8

Or call

1-888-GUN LOSS

Get your participation package

RimfireFans
05-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Just thought some might want to see a piece on this by the Winnipeg Sun

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/05/06/lawsuits-filed-against-feds-over-controversial-gun-reclassifications

Steveo9mm
05-06-2014, 08:40 PM
:run:30 days to respond huh. This is going to be an intense wait. :run:

Steveo9mm
05-06-2014, 08:42 PM
I am affected. But i live no where near ontario

mouthpiece
05-07-2014, 05:47 AM
The action is in Federal Court and that makes the actions nation wide . It is for every owner in Canada.

Satain
05-07-2014, 10:56 AM
This is awesome!!!
Thanx mouthpiece :D

Steveo9mm
05-07-2014, 08:23 PM
I may be in contact shortly.

killer kane
05-08-2014, 12:22 PM
I wonder how they'd like every semiauto gun owner in Canada piling on? I know Ar's as well as XCR'r 10/22 's........And on and on were probably on the to do list, how much could that up the ante? How's a few hundred million? Think the fed's as well as the commies in the opposition would take notice then.

Waterloomike
05-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Perhaps all of the semiauto owners could also claim anxiety.

Gaidheal
05-09-2014, 03:34 AM
I'm still suffering stress about the reclassification of my L1A1. And the changes that won't allow me to transport my Galil SAR's for some legal fun. I still resent having to cancel the order I had placed for a 9mm Calico because it went from 'good' to 'bad' while waiting for delivery.

I'm not the guy who will hold up the corner store... and the guy who would do that doesn't care about laws. So I'm being punished for someone else's perceived future behaviour. Awesome.

Waterloomike
05-09-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm still suffering stress about the reclassification of my L1A1. And the changes that won't allow me to transport my Galil SAR's for some legal fun. I still resent having to cancel the order I had placed for a 9mm Calico because it went from 'good' to 'bad' while waiting for delivery.

I'm not the guy who will hold up the corner store... and the guy who would do that doesn't care about laws. So I'm being punished for someone else's perceived future behaviour. Awesome.

Indeed you and all of the rest of us are.

I propose that in light of the fact, when one criminal or some small number of criminals does something that provokes oppressive legislation, that the following legislation be introduced.

When one politician or government cronie is busted for corruption, we hang all of them. When one of them can't behave, then we have to punish all of them. That's how it works for us, so what's good for the goose................

#00BUCK
05-09-2014, 11:30 AM
If you want to support the cause and talk to Ed in person check out this thread:

http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?13260-Swiss-Arms-Fundraiser-Dinner-Toronto-June-21-2014

speedloader
05-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Indeed you and all of the rest of us are.

I propose that in light of the fact, when one criminal or some small number of criminals does something that provokes oppressive legislation, that the following legislation be introduced.

When one politician or government cronie is busted for corruption, we hang all of them. When one of them can't behave, then we have to punish all of them. That's how it works for us, so what's good for the goose................

x2 :agree:but don't forget to throw in kicking in their doors in the interest of saftey once and a while

Strangeday
05-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Don't be too depressed about the Calico...i had one and they came and took it away....good thing it wasn't a great gun or I would be way more pissed than I am about it.....

i was more pissed about the loss of my AT9.

mouthpiece
05-09-2014, 08:15 PM
To contact and join in the action use this

Edward Burlew LL.B.
Barrister and Solicitor
16 John Street
Thornhill, Ontario
L3T1X8

Swissarmslaw@yahoo.ca

Toll free 1-888-486-5677