PDA

View Full Version : Reply from Conservative MP

Strewth
02-28-2014, 12:20 PM
My first response (form letter, methinks) from my MP, curious to see how many I get from others, I kinda e-mailed my face off last night:). I'm sending out my snail-mail today to my MP, the PSM, and the PM.

Dear Strewth

Thank you for your letter regarding the Swiss Arms Classic Green.

We are looking into this matter on an urgent basis. Our government is standing up for law-abiding gun owners.

Minister Blaney will take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the actions of others.

Thank you, once again, for sharing your thoughts on this matter. Please feel free to contact me with any future comments or questions.

Sincerely,

Mark Strahl, MP

Chilliwack-Fraser Canyon

It would be interesting to see how many of you get the same letter.

Waynetheman
02-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Others are getting the exact same response word for word.

awndray
02-28-2014, 12:50 PM
The response comes from the top and is shared with everyone to maintain efficiency and consistency.

Ben
02-28-2014, 12:50 PM
I really couldn't care less about "Minister Blaney will take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the actions of others."

That tells me they are looking at financial compensation. We don't care about financial compensation, we want the RCMP's power curbbed once and for all.

We've been vetted by the RCMP to own firearms. We're law abiding citizens w/o criminal records of any kind. What IF we were to own a 103mm barreled handgun Vs 106mm? What IF we were to own own select fire rifles or one that could be converted? An object doesn't turn a person into a raving mad shooter last time I checked.

Deerslayer270
02-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Received a response today saying the same thing from my mp

Waterloomike
02-28-2014, 01:07 PM
I really couldn't care less about "Minister Blaney will take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the actions of others."

That tells me they are looking at financial compensation. We don't care about financial compensation, we want the RCMP's power curbbed once and for all.

We've been vetted by the RCMP to own firearms. We're law abiding citizens w/o criminal records of any kind. What IF we were to own a 103mm barreled handgun Vs 106mm? What IF we were to own own select fire rifles or one that could be converted? An object doesn't turn a person into a raving mad shooter last time I checked.

Precisely.

The problem needs to be corrected or better yet, eliminated entirely.

Compensation for the state genesis of an aggressive initiation of force can never be enough.