PDA

View Full Version : NFA DEMANDS RESIGNATION OF THE RCMP COMMISSIONER

Shawn.Bevins
02-28-2014, 04:00 PM
NFA DEMANDS RESIGNATION OF THE RCMP COMMISSIONER
Canada's National Firearms Association is demanding the resignation of RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson. "Enough is enough," said NFA President Sheldon Clare. "The RCMP's banning of a Swiss Arms rifle this week without presenting any evidence that this firearm is a threat to public safety was the last straw. We're mad as hell and not going to take it anymore."

NFA Executive Vice President, Shawn Bevins said, "I've been awake for thirty-six hours trying to stay ahead of the more than 200,000 hits on our social media pages in response to the Alert we posted, two days ago. The government has allowed the RCMP to poke this hornet's nest one too many times and it's time for Prime Minister Harper and Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney to show the RCMP Commissioner who is in charge.

Former RCMP member and Alberta Director for the NFA, Dennis Young agrees that Commissioner Paulson has exceeded his best before date. "My eight month long investigation into the High River Gun Grab, the illegal kicking in of more than 1,900 doors, the unwarranted search of these homes, the seizure of 609 firearms and accessories, and the cover-up that is still underway has convinced me that the Commissioner is either out of control or has lost control. Instead of holding the RCMP officers who broke into these homes to account, he rewarded this incompetence by promoting the officer in charge of the High River mess by promoting her to Commanding Officer of all of Alberta."

"The RCMP have been reclassifying firearms unilaterally with the support of the Conservative Government since 2006 and it has to stop," demanded Blair Hagen, NFA Executive VP of Communications. "Access to information records show that RCMP have an aggressive firearms reclassification agenda, and that these arbitrary gun prohibitions will not stop with the Swiss Arms series of rifles. These rifles were approved for import by the RCMP have been sold in Canada for over a decade. There has never been a crime or incident of violence committed with one of these rifles. The dealers who sold them and the people that own them have obeyed the law every step of the way. It's not fair to penalize them now. Not only are Canada's licenced gun owners subject to daily criminal activity checks by police computer systems, research proves that gun owners are also the safest people in Canada."

"We are encouraged by the Conservative Government's speedy response to the RCMP's Swiss Arms rifle ban (see attached) but it's not good enough to fix this problem one rifle at a time. The government has to show the RCMP who is running things. The best way to do this is to replace the man who is embarrassing the government by overstepping his authority and showing a complete lack of respect and understanding for our fundamental property rights and Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

-30-
For more information contact:

Blair Hagen, Executive VP Communications, 604-753-8682 Blair@nfa.ca

Sheldon Clare, President, 250-981-1841 Sheldon@nfa.ca

Shawn Bevins, Executive VP, 819-313-2887 shawn@nfa.ca

Dennis R. Young, Alberta, NFA, International Director, 587-360-1111 dennis@nfa.ca

Canada's NFA toll-free number - 1-877-818-0393 NFA Website: www.nfa.ca

coastal
02-28-2014, 04:02 PM
I like it! Way to go for the jugular. ;)

speedloader
02-28-2014, 04:31 PM
well done Shawn Thank you

blacksmithden
02-28-2014, 04:32 PM
A lightened up, politically correct, version of what everyone is thinking. If the CPC do not act on this in a quick, clear, and decisive way, I would encourage all gun owners in Canada to rethink where they put their X on their next federal election ballot. As was said, enough is enough. This ongoing penalization of honest Canadian gun owners by the rcmp MUST be stopped once and for all. This has been churning the stomachs of gun owners for decades and its time for the CPC to either put up, or shut up. Enough partial fixes. We are sick and tired of the federal government paying us lip service but actually doing very.little to stop the harassment by the rcmp.

After the whole Bob Paulson / Chris Wyatt showdown over the keeping of gun sales records....that would be the one where Paulson requested that the CFOs respect.the will of parliament and they thumbed their noses at him.....it became very clear that the CFOs feel no obligation to follow him. It also demonstrated that the CFOs feel that it is their right to make up their own rules that Canadians are obliged to follow. He is obviously too weak an individual to hold the position hes currently in. I agree that he should either step down or be replaced.

It is now up to the federal government to show Canadian gun owners that they are strong enough to lead the country rather than bowing to the will of a few.high ranking rcmp officers who have made it their mission to disarm and penalize honest Canadians for doing nothing wrong. Enough of the.political dog and pony show Mr Prime Minister. Either show us that you are willing to stop the ongoing removal of freedoms of Canadian gun owners or step down yourself. This.is not about compensation for confiscated guns Mr Prime Minister. This is.ALL about honest people and their right to freedom....freedom that is constantly being chipped.away by our national police force, and by default, your government.

BruceW
02-28-2014, 04:36 PM
I am currently drafting a letter to the cpc, a long one. It is a line in the sand letter. Their response will determine if I ever support them in any way, ever again, and keep in mind I've been a staunch supporter since before many knew of the reform party. They no longer seem to hold conservative values. It's appearing their supporters have not left the party, rather the party went left.

I suspect I'm not alone. I, too, have had enough of this bullshit.

Strewth
02-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Interesting. A deserved stab at the bureaucrats of the RCMP, and a message to the rest; sacrificial goat for High River, and a move towards restructuring of the RCMP. Plus half a dozen things I haven't thought of while I typed this. I like it.

FALover
02-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Would it be possible to post all contact information to the CPC. Real time phone #'s at home and work.(ext.#'s as well) E-mail address that goes somewhere other than a junk mail.

killer kane
03-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Hey Ho, Paulson's gotta go!!!

telecaster
03-01-2014, 11:16 AM

I agree. Thanks, NFA. The CPC has let us down big time. No more Mr. Nice Guy!

Steveo9mm
03-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Would the people spamming emails to this Bob Paulson demanding a resignation do anything?

conger
03-01-2014, 03:54 PM
A lightened up, politically correct, version of what everyone is thinking. If the CPC do not act on this in a quick, clear, and decisive way, I would encourage all gun owners in Canada to rethink where they put their X on their next federal election ballot. As was said, enough is enough. This ongoing penalization of honest Canadian gun owners by the rcmp MUST be stopped once and for all. This has been churning the stomachs of gun owners for decades and its time for the CPC to either put up, or shut up. Enough partial fixes. We are sick and tired of the federal government paying us lip service but actually doing very.little to stop the harassment by the rcmp.

After the whole Bob Paulson / Chris Wyatt showdown over the keeping of gun sales records....that would be the one where Paulson requested that the CFOs respect.the will of parliament and they thumbed their noses at him.....it became very clear that the CFOs feel no obligation to follow him. It also demonstrated that the CFOs feel that it is their right to make up their own rules that Canadians are obliged to follow. He is obviously too weak an individual to hold the position hes currently in. I agree that he should either step down or be replaced.

It is now up to the federal government to show Canadian gun owners that they are strong enough to lead the country rather than bowing to the will of a few.high ranking rcmp officers who have made it their mission to disarm and penalize honest Canadians for doing nothing wrong. Enough of the.political dog and pony show Mr Prime Minister. Either show us that you are willing to stop the ongoing removal of freedoms of Canadian gun owners or step down yourself. This.is not about compensation for confiscated guns Mr Prime Minister. This is.ALL about honest people and their right to freedom....freedom that is constantly being chipped.away by our national police force, and by default, your government.

You think Justin will be any better? I will remind you that Jean Chretien and Alan Rock gave us this little jewel of legislation in the 90's. Justin Trudeau is pretty much a political clone of his old man's policies. Everytime the liberals have had a majority government, Gun rights and property rights have been eroded.

Strewth
03-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Would it be possible to post all contact information to the CPC. Real time phone #'s at home and work.(ext.#'s as well) E-mail address that goes somewhere other than a junk mail.

Here's a number where you get to reach a real person:

Conservative Party Headquarters

1-866-808-8407

After pressing 1 or 2 (English or French)

Press 1 (inquiries)
or 2 (membership and donations)

mr_tw
03-01-2014, 08:59 PM

definitely, all I want to know now is who I should be sending a similar letters to help convince them that this is the action that needs to be taken

Foxer
03-02-2014, 05:45 PM
definitely, all I want to know now is who I should be sending a similar letters to help convince them that this is the action that needs to be taken
Your MP, the Prime Minister, and the minister for public safety. And remember - any letter sent to their addresses doesn't require postage so it's free :) Also email them. And fax, if you have one.

Be civil, but firm, just like the original post. It is an unacceptable situation, it is our expectation that the CPC will fix it PERMANENTLY, and now that this has happened so many times a 'one off' or 'per gun' fix is unacceptable.

Every letter counts.

awndray
03-04-2014, 08:34 AM
C'mon, people! Really?

The RCMP has quietly reclassified a group of rifles into prohibited weapons. This sudden move turns thousands of legal firearm owners into criminals. Should RCMP boss Robert Paulson resign?
Yes - 20%
No - 82%
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/

Steveo9mm
03-04-2014, 08:41 AM
I feel a rant coming on but I havnt slept in days. wake me when something i didnt see coming happens.

Strewth
03-04-2014, 10:48 AM
C'mon, people! Really?
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/

24% now, but IMO the question should have included threatening young men with a firearm.

conger
03-04-2014, 11:02 AM
25% now. Me thinks there are some lefties in the place.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Rory McCanuck
03-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Yes
31%
No
69%

Prairie Dog
03-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Yes
36%
No
64%

Edenchef
03-04-2014, 01:43 PM
I certainly agree that Paulson must go, but I think, as well, we need a major "witch hunt" in the upper ranks of the bureaucracy known as the ArrrrCMP. Consider it culling the management of undesirable elements. This little fraud perpetrated on the people of Canada and their elected representatives was almost certainly a team effort. I believe we need a truly independent investigation of this incident. With anyone found aiding and abetting, in this treasonous conspiracy; must be dismissed dishonorably, definitely with no severance or pension, possibly with jail time. As proven by the Roman Empire, occasional "decimation" is a good lesson to the "survivors".

Cheers!

Prairie Dog
03-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Yes
47%
No
53%

VOTERS

Compare the voter number to some of their other polls.

Foxer
03-04-2014, 03:35 PM
I certainly agree that Paulson must go, but I think, as well, we need a major "witch hunt" in the upper ranks of the bureaucracy known as the ArrrrCMP.

It's pointless. There will always be another idiot somewhere along the line, which is true for any industry. Better to change the laws to pull their teeth in the first place. nobody cares if a chuahua yaps a bit. :)

Satain
03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Here...
Here...
And thank-you for this.

conger
03-04-2014, 10:12 PM
65% yes
35% no
We're winning now. Like its actually going to matter.

Petamocto
03-04-2014, 10:24 PM
I may be talking crazy talk here, but how about we all live by the same two-sided sword, and if we have accusations to make against the man, he be given the chance to defend himself before being found guilty?

Is he responsible for the RCMP? Yes. Did he say some sketchy things in an interview? Yes.

But can anyone say they know the whole story, or that he is a fault? Responsible, yes, but at fault? For all we know, he may be the most gun-loving person ever in the history of the RCMP, but his staff and government masters may be forcing his hand.

I'm not saying any of that is happening, but that's the point; we only have a fraction of the whole story. He has the right to a defence against first-impression-guilt just like any of us do.

conger
03-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Then how about an explanation. One about the details behind High River and another about the prohibition of two rifles. We're reasonable people and listening.

Petamocto
03-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Then how about an explanation. One about the details behind High River and another about the prohibition of two rifles. We're reasonable people and listening.

Completely reasonable, but IMO a bit of hypocrisy from an organization that demands understanding of the overall context before snapping to quick judgement.

Mad Hatter
03-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Where do I go to vote?

conger
03-04-2014, 11:19 PM
C'mon.... There has been no credible information released unless through "freedom of information" has uncovered it. The people at the top have been very quiet and let the poor folks in uniform take the backlash from the public.

Foxer
03-05-2014, 12:05 AM
C'mon.... There has been no credible information released unless through "freedom of information" has uncovered it. The people at the top have been very quiet and let the poor folks in uniform take the backlash from the public.

I suspect the people in the middle are 'filtering' information on it's way up the chain. I doubt the highest levels even know for sure what happened, even tho they may have their suspicions. But i would bet the middle is pushing the idea of 'gosh sir, we were just looking for survivors' up the chain as hard as they are to us. Prove them wrong - that's the problem.

conger
03-05-2014, 12:28 AM
I'll bet some don't really want to know the whole truth. Plausible deniability.

Prairie Dog
03-05-2014, 12:49 AM
Where do I go to vote?

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/ (polls change daily)

Yes
66%
No
34%

VOTERS

Steveo9mm
03-05-2014, 04:31 AM
72yes
28 no

Satain
03-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Current poll
Should the federal government strip the RCMP of the power to reclassify guns?
Yes
92%
No
8%
VOTERS

The RCMP has quietly reclassified a group of rifles into prohibited weapons. This sudden move turns thousands of legal firearm owners into criminals. Should RCMP boss Robert Paulson resign?
Yes
74%
No
26%
VOTERS
WoW!!!
Not even close.

stevesummit
03-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Something I noticed with these polls is that from the start we were behind in numbers, I would assume that the antis are playing the same game we do to influence the polls ! We have to watch this and keep on top of it!!!