PDA

View Full Version : Unacceptable - Steven Blaney

Drache
02-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Unacceptable

February 28, 2014

Conservatives have always stood up for law-abiding gun owners.

That’s why I was troubled to learn of a decision made by unelected bureaucrats to prohibit a number of rifles imported from Switzerland.

I want to assure you that I will not let law-abiding gun owners suffer as a result of this situation.

These now “prohibited” firearms had been classified as non-restricted for more than a decade. The RCMP has no idea how many of these rifles exist, and they have not announced any plan on how to deal with those who purchased these firearms lawfully.

I want to assure you all options are on the table to fix this situation. I will also be taking steps to make sure this never happens again.

The actions of these bureaucrats are absolutely unacceptable and I will be announcing concrete measures in the coming days.

Our Conservative Government is on your side — and we will always stand up for the rights of law-abiding firearms owners.

Thank you once again for your years of loyal support.

Sincerely,

Steven Blaney
MP, Levis-Bellechasse

http://www.conservative.ca/?p=4369

BruceW
02-28-2014, 04:40 PM
He signed the order. The buck stops with him. It's irrelevant he's remorseful; is he sorry he signed the order, or is he sorry he got caught?

Notice there's no mention of rescinding the order. There's your answer.

Strewth
02-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Hmmmm.

ReignCzech
02-28-2014, 04:44 PM
^^^^
yup

well, that's positive in working for the law abiding licenced firearm community, which at this frt# classification change the RCMP and police chief's bureaucracy has technically made such individuals criminals and their lawful possessions illegal if not respective prohibited class licenced.

then here on the other hand, it's a politician, so I had the question if it's an angle of movement this politician is taking within their party to work the vote potential favour of the numbers which may or not be.
if it's genuine, then right on, but proof and action will show to substantiate.

the recantation of the frt# class change will be the only proof.

RD777
02-28-2014, 04:48 PM
cz858 was just prohibited. The RCMP have gone full retard, and they are just throwing sh*t at the wall and hoping something will stick. Likely so the Libs have something to stick it to the CPC with when all these prohibition papers are shredded.

Candychikita
02-28-2014, 05:14 PM
cz858 was just prohibited

pardon?

RobSmith
02-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Exactly, the time for blind faith in the CPC should be over now, this sort of slight of hand has become all too common and can only have happened if auythorized by the very people claiming to "stand up for lawful gun owners".

He signed the order. The buck stops with him. It's irrelevant he's remorseful; is he sorry he signed the order, or is he sorry he got caught?

NFA facebook exploded with this a few minutes ago, there is a rapidly growing thread on here about it.

pardon?

blacksmithden
02-28-2014, 05:27 PM
cz858 was just prohibited. The RCMP have gone full retard, and they are just throwing sh*t at the wall and hoping something will stick. Likely so the Libs have something to stick it to the CPC with when all these prohibition papers are shredded.

Hmmmm....exactly where did you read/hear/see this ? This is no time for us to be throwing up false facts. If it is true, its.great news as the rcmp will have just.alienated a who new.group of people. Please post a link or something so we can verify it.

EDIT. Never mind....found the other.thread.

Ben
02-28-2014, 05:35 PM

DA F@CK?

bettercallsaul
02-28-2014, 05:39 PM
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh529/sickestbeast/blaneyupset.png

So he is upset he signed off on this? Or he is upset it blew up in his face so badly?

He took the RPAL course to show us he is on our side, and until he makes up for this, he will forever be known for being a fake POS.

RobSmith
02-28-2014, 05:39 PM
http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?12427-CZ858-manufactured-in-2007-or-later-are-now-prohibited-too

Confirmed

Hmmmm....exactly where did you read/hear/see this ? This is no time for us to be throwing up false facts. If it is true, its.great news as the rcmp will have just.alienated a who new.group of people. Please post a link or something so we can verify it.

EDIT. Never mind....found the other.thread.

Ben
02-28-2014, 05:44 PM

Are you 100% that he signed the order and not one of his delegated sr official, such as one of his Deputy Ministers at Public Safety, or the RCMP Commissioner or one of his sr official?

I would want to be certain that it's his signature at the bottom of the paper before throwing him under the bus. Sure he and PM Harper have allowed these provisions of C68 to be used, but still, I want to know what the exact process his.

Rory McCanuck
02-28-2014, 05:49 PM
I would think it is more likely beureaucracy out of control than the minister actually signing off.

bettercallsaul
02-28-2014, 05:52 PM
I heard Brian Lilley say he signed off on it.

BruceW
02-28-2014, 05:56 PM
He's the minister in charge. The justifying scuttlebut is that he was, "hoodwinked" by the rcmp into thinking there were only a few swissarms in the country. (like that somehow makes a difference?)

I've also read this aft. that the cz family are also illegal now, so as we feared this is just the tip of the iceberg. That's all I know.

As to your specific question, I peronally have no knowledge of whose elected representative's signature, if anyone's gave the rcmp legal right to do this.

killer kane
02-28-2014, 07:02 PM
He has to go, nothing short of this will do. harper might want to think about his future as well, he IS running a police state.

Camo tung
02-28-2014, 07:25 PM
He has to go, nothing short of this will do. harper might want to think about his future as well, he IS running a police state.

If he's not careful, "Leader of the Official Opposition" will be his next title.

Prairie Dog
02-28-2014, 07:27 PM

I suspect he just lost close to 2 million votes.

blacksmithden
02-28-2014, 08:55 PM
If he's not careful, "Leader of the Official Opposition" will be his next title.

HA !!!! Remember when Kim Campbell (SPIT) threw us under the bus ? The conservatives didn't just lose control, they lost official party status in Ottawa for four years ! I think they managed to hold onto only 3 seats across the entire country if memory serves. He will be lucky to still be employed at all....forget about being the official opposition. Elizabeth Greene may outrank him if they're stupid enough to let this slide.

Imagine that Mr Harper. When you go down, you'll be remembered as the person at the wheel when the conservatives were dealt one of their worst defeats in history. Those who do not study history are damned to repeat it.

Camo tung
02-28-2014, 09:09 PM
HA !!!! Remember when Kim Campbell (SPIT) threw us under the bus ? The conservatives didn't just lose control, they lost official party status in Ottawa for four years ! I think they managed to hold onto only 3 seats across the entire country if memory serves. He will be lucky to still be employed at all....forget about being the official opposition. Elizabeth Greene may outrank him if they're stupid enough to let this slide.

Imagine that Mr Harper. When you go down, you'll be remembered as the person at the wheel when the conservatives were dealt one of their worst defeats in history. Those who do not study history are damned to repeat it.

Nero, only at the piano instead of the fiddle while our own little Rome is set afire by the thugs at the RUMP.

blacksmithden
02-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Nero, only at the piano instead of the fiddle while our own little Rome is set afire by the thugs at the RUMP.

It might be time for the Reform Party to be reborn. I think the Conservatives have lost touch with their heritage and have skidded pretty far off into the left ditch. I don't think this garbage was what everyone had in mind during the "unite the right" days. Even if they manage to fix this, the fact of the matter is, they never should have let it get to this point in the first place.

exmilitary
02-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Starting to think the Wildrose is the new Reform.

Yes I'm drinking. :)

Camo tung
02-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Starting to think the Wildrose is the new Reform.

Yes I'm drinking. :)

You know Red Allison would just love to walk all over this province without those pesky inhabitants piping up about travel expenses, High River etc.
It's time Danielle and her crew had a chance in the driver's seat.

Prairie Dog
02-28-2014, 10:12 PM
What's with all the secrecy? (I'll post the FB links if you want) edit: may as well

Have just received a full briefing from CSSA on the Swiss Arms, CZ858, and several other topics. There's some good things coming but I am not at liberty to discuss yet -- we've had a couple VERY busy days with the folks in Ottawa. Gov't needs a few days to get things in order.

Not everything you've heard is correct -- some premature misinformation has gotten out.

Not trying to play "secret squirrel" here, this is just the way it is with gov't. I'm told I'll be able to give some details Monday or Tuesday. Don't get rid of any guns yet.

Keep calm and carry on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/376543929052940/

In reference to the current reclassification dilemma, please chill out and WAIT for news in the upcoming days. Do NOT turn in your SA or CZ. BE PATIENT.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadacarry/583161775109047/?notif_t=group_comment_reply

RobSmith
02-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Assuming you take that information from the same source as I, I know the man personally and can vouch for him. It would be foolish not to believe that negotiations are being held behind the scenes. I would MUCH rather see things go "you're not doing that, period" but once the political layer gets involved things tend to get complicated.

What's with all the secrecy? (I'll post the FB links if you want) edit: may as well

Steveo9mm
02-28-2014, 11:42 PM
I will also be taking steps to make sure this never happens again.

To Late

Camo tung
02-28-2014, 11:44 PM
To Late

And right after that gem another rifle is banned. Rather obvious Blaney is out of the loop, intentionally or otherwise.

Mad Hatter
03-01-2014, 12:01 AM

I want to assure you all options are on the table to fix this situation. I interpret this as a possibility of it being rescinded.

webster
03-01-2014, 12:03 AM
I call bullsh!t. Blaney signed off on it. His excuse of not knowing what he was signing is even worse than if he'd owned up to it.

The CPC have lost my support, both financial and voting, until and unless something drastic changes. Right now they're on the level of NDP. :mad1:

Mad Hatter
03-01-2014, 12:03 AM

False. A number were imported by a dealer and found to have been full auto receivers converted to semi auto. Minor glitch. They are simply discontinuing importing the model and replacing it with another in the future.

Ben
03-01-2014, 07:05 AM
False. A number were imported by a dealer and found to have been full auto receivers converted to semi auto. Minor glitch. They are simply discontinuing importing the model and replacing it with another in the future.

But this is TOTALLY beside the point MH. The basic issue is that they again prohibited a firearm, for no other reason that it looks scary and like the one used by the loony that attempted to kill the Qc PM on election night.

So f'in what if it can be converted IS the issue at hand.

Doug_M
03-01-2014, 07:24 AM
So f'in what if it can be converted IS the issue at hand.

I totally agree with you. It is not the pin in my magazines that keeps me honest nor the law forbidding its removal. The law does assume we are law abiding and will not remove those pins. Otherwise there would be a requirement for purpose built 5 rnd mags. So why not treat semis that can be "easily" (and I call BS on the RCMP's use of easily) converted the same way as pinned mags. Trust the citizens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BruceW
03-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Been thinking about this. I suspect the real reason for this is that we are not letting the sacking of High River be swept away and forgotten.

Have to remember the rcmp are a left wing bureaucracy, meaning they are very vindictive and petty. I suspect this is retaliation for daring to not be quiet, passive victims.

killer kane
03-01-2014, 10:05 AM
then I guess they're really going to be pissed when we keep demanding heads on pikes. I myself would want nothing less than every upper echelon white shirtted yellowleg sacked, without pension, they're thieves and cowards!

exmilitary
03-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Been thinking about this. I suspect the real reason for this is that we are not letting the sacking of High River be swept away and forgotten.

Interesting thought. However as a parent that never gave in to a petulant child in Walmart, the ArrCMP need to learn "I said No!" :)

(Yes, that was tongue in cheek humour)

ilikemoose
03-01-2014, 03:28 PM
While I am as angry as the next guy...

That's a pretty solid statement by Blaney, and I am encouraged by his tone.

BruceW
03-01-2014, 03:41 PM
We'll know on Monday one way or the other would be my guess.

RobSmith
03-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm honestly not holding my breath as whatever solution they come up with will have to go thru a series of "advisors" and "counselors", meanwhile I wouldn't be surprised if the RCMP kept banning 1 gun per business day just to keep up the pressure. My guess is we'll have a (most likely half-assed) "compromise solution" by the end of the week.

ilikemoose
03-01-2014, 04:39 PM

Probably longer.

Complex problems require complex solutions.

Foxer
03-02-2014, 05:59 PM

He got duped. It's not hard to do, he's got a lot of stuff coming across his desk and the RCMP know very well how to 'word' things so that the minister doesn't realize the implications of what he's doing. The guy just got his firearms license, he's hardly an expert.

He knows he's been played. Now he's got to prove that he's not an 'accessory after the fact' by making sure this gets resolved, and not just for this rifle. I don't really blame him for getting played - the RCMP are experts at that. I WILL however blame him if he doesn't find a way to make this right, and I don't mean compensation.

Foxer
03-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Probably longer.

Complex problems require complex solutions.

True, and the crisis in the Ukraine just gobbled up a bunch of Harper's time.