PDA

View Full Version : cz858 updates

Steveo9mm
03-01-2014, 12:30 PM
If there are any updates post them here. Ive heard that some of whats happened yesterday has a few people of importance all gunned up. They are saying to not sell, bury, or hand in your cz's just yet. They also said that more news will come in a few days. Ill try to find that source and post it here along with anything else I find.

Wanhope
03-01-2014, 04:18 PM
They didn't say anything about tragic ice fishing accidents though did they?

Steveo9mm
03-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Call people Call !!! every bit helps

Conservative Party headquarters

1-866-808-8407

After pressing 1 or 2 (English or French)

Press 1 (public inquiries)

or 2 (membership and donations)

There are human beings who answer that phone

Steveo9mm
03-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Im sending an email asking for him to step down. you should too.

Bob.Paulson@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Steveo9mm
03-03-2014, 10:44 AM
This just in

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/3285812139001

awndray
03-03-2014, 11:35 AM
They need to stop focusing on the financial aspect.

Camo tung
03-03-2014, 05:20 PM
According to a post on the NFA's FB page the CZ 858 Tactical 4P and the CZ 858 Tactical 2V were added to the banned list today. So that's ALL CZ 858 models proofed 2007 or later.

lone-wolf
03-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Can someone explain what a converted auto is? Cause I thought it was an automatic rifle, that is converted to semi auto only.
And I thought a rifle isn't considered an auto, unless assembled as such.
So I have to wonder how the RCMP determined all these rifles are converted autos, and what is their proof

Rory McCanuck
03-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Proof?

http://youtu.be/aX6XMIldkRU

Strewth
03-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Proof? Proof?! You want the proof? We can't handle the proof! Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's going to do it? You? Me? They have a greater responsibility than we could possibly fathom. (Yes this is from the movie; I do not think lone-wolf is my son:p)
If there was even a hint of convertibility, the world would end! Seas would rise! Dogs would live with cats! David Suzuki would give up his worldly possessions! Never mind that John Moses Browning demonstrated that you can turn a lever action into an automatic firearm. Never mind that no crimes have ever been committed in Canada with a registered automatic. Never mind that automatic firearms are hard on parts, bloody expensive to run, and inaccurate when they do, unless bolted down.

I would argue for having a transparency policy with the RCMP lab. Why not? Criminals could give two figs and a butterball turkey for "this firearm is not allowed because xxxxxx". Criminals will buy whatever they want, whenever they want. The only people that would care are the legal gun owners of Canada, the people these laws are, on the face of it, designed to help. To me concealing the information from the lab is a slap in the face.

TV-PressPass
03-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Call people Call !!! every bit helps

Conservative Party headquarters

1-866-808-8407

After pressing 1 or 2 (English or French)

Press 1 (public inquiries)

or 2 (membership and donations)

There are human beings who answer that phone

Thanks Steve!

TV-PressPass
03-06-2014, 10:02 AM
I would argue for having a transparency policy with the RCMP lab.

As somebody who hasn't seen his Vz58 pistol in 5 months. . . yes. I agree!

awndray
03-06-2014, 10:11 AM
http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?7325-GOC-Letters&p=126227&viewfull=1#post126227

Steveo9mm
03-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Ill post this here too just so people dont miss it

pm@pm.gc.ca

write your letters I did

Folks, we need your support! The whisperings on Parliament Hill is the the scrapping of the Firearms Act IS on the table! Despite the Government immediately announcing an amnesty, they have discovered that NOTHING other than legislative change will let them keep that promise! Why? Because there is no mechanism in the Firearms Act that allows someone with a Non-Restricted OR Restricted PAL to be in possession of a PROHIBITED firearm!

Please write your MP, the Minister of Public Safety, the Minister of Justice AND the Prime Minister!

lone-wolf
03-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Proof?

http://youtu.be/aX6XMIldkRU

This blows my mind, cause I was a hair away from adding 'a proof is a proof' in my original post!

blacksmithden
03-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Can someone explain what a converted auto is? Cause I thought it was an automatic rifle, that is converted to semi auto only.
And I thought a rifle isn't considered an auto, unless assembled as such.
So I have to wonder how the RCMP determined all these rifles are converted autos, and what is their proof

Well... let me explain what it means to the rrrrrrcmp. It means ANYTHING that was made in the same universe as ANY fully automatic firearm, that, with enough time, money, material, skill, and a fully equipped machine shop at your disposal, could possibly be made to fire in a fully automatic manner can be deemed to as "easily convertible" to fully automatic.

For example, after all the old CIL break action shotguns, and all the old single shot Cooey 22's have been proven to be convertible to full auto, this is on their list. See those buttons buddy....those will be explained to the safety minister as the evil "select fire" option....the knob...that's how many rounds it will fire in "burst mode"...and that cocking lever....oh my GOD !!!! this firearm can be cocked and recocked in less than half a second ! :run:

http://www.infoboard.de/uploads/pics/WMF_Skyline_Toaster.jpg

ReignCzech
03-06-2014, 09:17 PM
^^^ heh, heh, heh.

well, I'm glad everyone's coming around to lots of people's sentiment and brain cognition, as they be banned now and not, repeatedly warned or infractioned.

This, this above i love this, hehe, heh.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeqLNu1F-ttPGVm2gUT7PyNP9TIjXnpeKJsfheo-Q9sD7hg9ZG

WTF are we all going through, and WTF are we continuing to read in terms of this kaffuffle???

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1656089_10151930377004071_729627024_n.jpg

ahhhh, i feel better....

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/s261x260/1151040_1402975956589961_421546198_n.jpg

Smellofspentcasings
04-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Well as much as many feel its good to fight this ,there should be a back up for financial compensation. Maybe if it was going to cost a fortune to compensate the owners the government might leash in the lacky RCMP

Strewth
04-26-2014, 10:37 AM
^Very true, but I don't think there's much support for what appears (to me) to give the government the easy way out. What would it cost them? Ten million? Probably pretty cheap compared to the wrath of the RCMP brass, which could easily manifest in willfull obstinance in the media, in the legal system, even in the CFO office getting right silly causing more (completely justified) gun owner backlash.

Foxer
04-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Folks, we need your support! The whisperings on Parliament Hill is the the scrapping of the Firearms Act IS on the table!

That would be wonderful to a degree, but I don't think that's likely. What is more likely is they may re-write significant sections of it and in many ways that works much better for us. Remember there are large numbers of bureaucrats who will try to mess with the wording (which happened big time with the LGR changes) and the more we focus on one section other than the whole thing the easier it is to catch them at that game when they try it. Note i do not say 'if'.

They could make changes to the regulation rather that the legislation that would go a long way to solving the issue, but a full rework of the relevant legislation would be the best thing for us. Then it's much harder to change in the future. The challenge with that is it will take a lot of time to implement, and we do have an election coming up in 1.5 years. Probably not enough time to push it thru before then so it'll be a 'vote for us or you don't get it' kind of thing whether they want to or not if they go that route.

Steveo9mm
04-27-2014, 08:16 PM
So what does everybody think will be the outcome of this...

Some kind of classification change so we can actually use these rifles again. Or are they doomed to collect dust until the end of their days?

awndray
04-28-2014, 06:05 AM
As I said in the Swiss Arms thread, I have no faith. http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?13368-Now-that-the-dust-has-settled-with-prohibition&p=138139&viewfull=1#post138139

lone-wolf
04-28-2014, 07:13 AM
So what does everybody think will be the outcome of this...

The optimist in me says confiscation without compensation, the pessimist in me says there are more reclassification to come.

Foxer
04-28-2014, 09:45 AM
As I said in the Swiss Arms thread, I have no faith. http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?13368-Now-that-the-dust-has-settled-with-prohibition&p=138139&viewfull=1#post138139

You don't need faith, you just need determination and a willingness to get involved.

I'm sure you've written a few letters already. Write another one now to harper and blaney - "I'm very excited you have committed to resolving the issue with the swiss arms and 858's permanently, could you please provide an update as to when we can expect to see your permanent solution?". That kind of thing. Keep the pressure up, at least once a month till they come forward with a solution.

Don't let a 'lack of faith' be an excuse for not taking action - we need to keep the pressure up and see what they come back with.

awndray
04-28-2014, 10:41 AM
You're right. Thanks for the nudge. :)

FALover
04-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Life is good again. I have a new printer to replace the other one that was toasted by my zealous printing and a over zealous cat that hammered 20 + sheets into the feed rollers and effed up the innards. My target is my local MP ( misplaced person) who has yet to reply to any letters. I would have been content to hear from one of her minions or underlings but nothing to date.

Foxer
04-28-2014, 11:23 AM
You're right. Thanks for the nudge. :)

No prob :) God knows I need the odd poke now and again, it really does get tiresome having to chase around just to keep our rights.

The important thing now is that our letters remind them they DID make a committment to us to 'permanently' fix the issue and to demand a timeline. That helps keep their feet to the fire and remind them we're still watching and expect results.

Camo tung
04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
The optimist in me says confiscation without compensation, the pessimist in me says there are more reclassification to come.

Neither is a good situation and I'm not holding out any hope now. Without any firm feedback (I've received zero besides the placating "thanks for your concern letters), there is precious little time before Parliamentary summer recess and then the reclassification issue becomes even older news when they return after the summer.

I give PSM Blaney a solid "F" on his report card. He has failed to deliver a resolution in a timely fashion.

Steveo9mm
05-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Its a month old but still very relevant. even more so now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3E7xl0R-Lg

NewEnglander
05-23-2014, 03:26 PM
This reclassification is absolute garbage....Please watch Steveo9mm video as it addresses a lot of issues that may result of these type of reclassifications. Also GET ON THE PHONE AND CALL.....Attorney Edward Burlew at 1-888-486-5677. When the Secretary answers tell her that you want to join the Class Action Law Suit...She will know exactly what you are referring to and she will take your name and address and she will forward you information ie: The April newsletter.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

CanadianEh
06-21-2014, 11:54 PM
Its a month old but still very relevant. even more so now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3E7xl0R-Lg

I can always spot his vids-- sexy gals on the cover with guns, then cuts to a big ugly dude who should be on Game of Thrones with that sword of his killing White Walkers by the thousands.

Yeah, Im exactly as big and ugly as him so this isnt really an insult, sort of a "hello brother!" sorta high-five thing.

Smart as hell he is.

Some say intelligence can be seen by what you remember having read in a text book, but imo people are only as smart as what they are interested in. Show me a person interested in politics, world history, and a wide variety of other subjects and I will show you a smart person

CanadianEh
06-21-2014, 11:58 PM
Im hearing a lot of nothing WRT gun politics.

I waited for Civil Advantage's go ahead on his "Scorched Earth" policy and his 2 month deadline is long gone.

He seems quite in touch with the NFA as well, so I take that as a sign.

Given the political climate I assume strategy is in order...... public comments about rolling back the CFOs, RCMP and Firearms Act right NOW would be lambased as "you are not respecting the dead police victims in Moncton" blah blah blah (even though none of these things are related........ logic be dammed, a good demonization campaign never ends, staw-man hunters and sport shooters always need a good bashing in the media)

Im assuming waiting for a period is part of the tactics.......... mull things over and make certain the laws are logical and fair

and wait - time is our friend- for emotions to fade so Wendy Cukiiiier (name spelled wrong on purpose) has less (fake/lies) fodder to attack us with.

CanadianEh
06-22-2014, 12:11 AM
Well... let me explain what it means to the rrrrrrcmp. It means ANYTHING that was made in the same universe as ANY fully automatic firearm, that, with enough time, money, material, skill, and a fully equipped machine shop at your disposal, could possibly be made to fire in a fully automatic manner can be deemed to as "easily convertible" to fully automatic.

For example, after all the old CIL break action shotguns, and all the old single shot Cooey 22's have been proven to be convertible to full auto, this is on their list. See those buttons buddy....those will be explained to the safety minister as the evil "select fire" option....the knob...that's how many rounds it will fire in "burst mode"...and that cocking lever....oh my GOD !!!! this firearm can be cocked and recocked in less than half a second ! :run:

http://www.infoboard.de/uploads/pics/WMF_Skyline_Toaster.jpg

That toaster can fire TWO shots (of bread) with a single trigger pull.........

it has burst-fire abilities

twistedbrilliance
12-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Holy cow, I can't wait any longer. They need to get the ball rolling on this so I can go shoot again.

Foxer
12-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Im hearing a lot of nothing WRT gun politics.

I waited for Civil Advantage's go ahead on his "Scorched Earth" policy and his 2 month deadline is long gone.

He seems quite in touch with the NFA as well, so I take that as a sign.

Given the political climate I assume strategy is in order...... public comments about rolling back the CFOs, RCMP and Firearms Act right NOW would be lambased as "you are not respecting the dead police victims in Moncton" blah blah blah (even though none of these things are related........ logic be dammed, a good demonization campaign never ends, staw-man hunters and sport shooters always need a good bashing in the media)

Im assuming waiting for a period is part of the tactics.......... mull things over and make certain the laws are logical and fair

and wait - time is our friend- for emotions to fade so Wendy Cukiiiier (name spelled wrong on purpose) has less (fake/lies) fodder to attack us with.

Well no, not really. Lets just recap - the issue with classifications is that the law currently doesn't allow the gov't to classify any gun as 'non restricted'. They can make a gun restricted or banned but not 'non restricted'. And - you can't 'non restrict' a gun if the law says it should be restricted anyway as the law stands today.

So - the new law which is still before the house resolves that. AND specifically allows the gov't to consider NON RCMP EXPERTS when looking at guns (so that allows for an independant group to be involved in the classification process).

That bill was cooking along at the usual pace of parliament (which is slightly slower than a snail) and was going thru the usual steps -first reading, second reading, committee, third reading and vote.

Then some jackass shot up the parliament building.

MOST of the bills that were on the table got pushed aside to make time for some NEW bills the CPC wanted to push thru immediately to change the terrorism laws to give the cops more powers to track nutbars. So our bill (and others) got delayed. There are only so many sitting days to discuss bills.

But it'll be back on track when parilament resumes, will complete the process in short order, and will then go to the senate where it will go thru the same thing (only slightly faster because they don't want to interrupt their naps) and will become law. With the delay, probably we're looking at around May now. It probably would have been march or beginning of april without the delay.

Once that bill passes - the gov't will be able to re-classify the CZ's and Swiss arms with the stroke of a pen - the oft cited 'order in council'. And interestingly enough they will be able to do that for any other gun we convince them should never have been restricted or prohib'd in the past.

And the law will allow the gov't to ask outside experts about classifications, so they can easily set up an independant 'civil classification' office if they want, OR just take case by case testimony from experts if we bring them a gun we don't think should be restricted.

There's no secret stratagey here - we got bumped so that some terror bills could get passed, we'll be back on the table in the new year, and once the law passes then they will put things right for swiss and cz owners.

Foxer
12-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Holy cow, I can't wait any longer. They need to get the ball rolling on this so I can go shoot again.

The ball's rolling - it's just that the balls of parliament roll very slowly at the best of times :) As i said - you're probably looking at may-ish.

Edenchef
12-18-2014, 02:12 PM
The ball's rolling - it's just that the balls of parliament roll very slowly at the best of times :) As i said - you're probably looking at may-ish.

Now that is a image I cannot ever wipe away. ROTFLMAO! And we all said they had no cajones, wrong! They just have slow rolling ones.

Cheers!

Zinilin
12-18-2014, 06:36 PM
And the law will allow the gov't to ask outside experts about classifications, so they can easily set up an independant 'civil classification' office if they want, OR just take case by case testimony from experts if we bring them a gun we don't think should be restricted.

Before the law is enacted someone needs to establish the "Society of Firearms Engineers" (or some very similar name), which must be composed of mechanical engineers, physicists and chemists; no gunsmiths, marksmen or 'industry' people. Science, evidence based classification.

Foxer
12-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Before the law is enacted someone needs to establish the "Society of Firearms Engineers" (or some very similar name), which must be composed of mechanical engineers, physicists and chemists; no gunsmiths, marksmen or 'industry' people. Science, evidence based classification.

Well, the new law does allow for that. The law specifically eliminates the rcmp as the 'sole source' of knowledge on firearms. I"m not 100 percent sure we would want to see a committee that large or anything :) But if we decide that's in our best interest we can lobby for it and the law will allow it.

The problem I have with another 'group' is that over time it could become subject to anti-gunners being appointed as well. However - the way the law is you could challenge individual guns with industry experts.

For example -company A wants to import gun X. The rcmp say gun X should be prohibed based on blah blah blah. We who actually know something about guns say 'thats bullcrap". Currently - that's where it ends.

Under the new law, company A with the backing of our orgs and grass roots could easily hire a few expert firearms gunsmiths or the like and go to the gov't and say 'here's why this should NOT be prohib'd, and why it's a perfectly safe gun. And the gov't can choose to accept that and overrule the rcmp.

Either way - you're right in that we need to take the final decision away from being 'rcmp only'.

Steveo9mm
07-09-2015, 08:20 PM
soooo.... its about the middle of summer here. any updates on whats happening? was hoping to take the cz out before the snow falls again....

Foxer
07-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Dunno - just about time to start writing a few letters methinks. Just a reminder we're watching and there's no reason not to deal with the cz stuff now. Don't wait till the cops sort out their start dates for the rest of it.

awndray
07-31-2015, 09:42 PM
So...didj'all see the news?

Steveo9mm
07-31-2015, 09:52 PM
im hearing bits and peices

RangeBob
07-31-2015, 09:56 PM
So...didj'all see the news?

This?

http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?17487-Bill-C-42-Common-Sense-Firearms-Licensing-Act&p=276631&viewfull=1#post276631

Steveo9mm
07-31-2015, 10:01 PM
k people. the ban is lifted. good on them. now i have a stackon 8gun for sale.

Foxer
07-31-2015, 10:02 PM
Took a couple weeks longer than it should have :) but - finally done. I did say that these guys would be shooting again this summer.

kennymo
07-31-2015, 10:04 PM
Again, woooo!

Steveo9mm
07-31-2015, 10:05 PM
everybody do your happy dance

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/3/22/12/anigif_enhanced-buzz-25342-1363969352-9.gif

RangeBob
07-31-2015, 10:32 PM
Elsewhere

08-01-2015 12:13AM
WTS: Non Restricted, CZ 858, $1500

08-01-2015, 12:12 AM
WTB: Cz 858 non restricted

jzz30tt
07-31-2015, 10:38 PM
Put your happy shoes on before clicking the link.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1014549

Foxer
07-31-2015, 10:44 PM
i guess they WERE waiting to get the coming into force dates figured out and do it all at once. Well it's done now.

lone-wolf
07-31-2015, 11:42 PM
Aw, my czh2003 just lost a little value

RangeBob
08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Elsewhere

08-01-2015 12:13AM
WTS: Non Restricted, CZ 858, $1500

08-01-2015, 12:12 AM
WTB: Cz 858 non restricted

Now sold pending funds.
$600 rifle, sold for $1500.

Rory McCanuck
08-01-2015, 12:38 PM
ouch

RangeBob
08-01-2015, 12:43 PM
from elsewhere, re "Can Swiss be bought and sold as non-restricted today/now/immediately"

Yes he can. Order in Council was signed yesterday. They are now returned to their former classification.

It doesn't have to be published to be in effect. It goes into force on the day it is signed. The government just announced that. The Gazette is just reiterating what has already transpired.

Foxer
08-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Well i guess that's that then :) I think i'll have a shot - of scotch seeing as i don't have a swiss arms laying around, but a shot nonetheless. Seems appropriate :)

RangeBob
08-01-2015, 01:00 PM
from elsewhere

I'm looking forward to firing my Swiss. The smell of gunpowder in the morning. It smells like, victory.

Gaidheal
08-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Scotch is almost always appropriate.

It is after all the water of life.

YAY-day for gun owners!

:shoot:

parrnan
08-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Thank you minister Blaney, you honor your promise about CZ858.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1014559

You have won my vote for this fall's election.

Stephen
08-12-2015, 01:34 PM
Thank you minister Blaney, you honor your promise about CZ858.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1014559

You have won my vote for this fall's election.

Write him and letter and tell him how you feel.