PDA

View Full Version : Ramp up the pressure!

Throttle_monkey1
03-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Hey guys, I don't post here much, I spend most my time on CGN, but I thought I'd spread the word. The word is that we have been heard loud and clear and that repealing or gutting c68 is on the table.

We MUST STEP THE PRESSURE UP EVEN MORE! Word on the street is also that Wendy, the CACP & the libs are starting a massive propaganda campaign to defend c68. This is turning into an all-out war, and never before have we had so much momentum and such a real opportunity to shred c68. But we also have so much to lose. Please stand and be counted. Continue writing letters & emails, phoning MPs, donate to the NFA & CSSA, and use social media to spread the word. Together we can do this!

PS- browsing through these threads there are a lot of usernames I recognize from Cgn. I hope you are all doing well and kicking ass.

United we stand.

stevesummit
03-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the cross post. Everyone here is doing what needs to be done ! Never seen the forums this motivated before!

Throttle_monkey1
03-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Good to hear! I think we can all agree on "no compromise".

Steveo9mm
03-06-2014, 09:45 AM
This is what I found so far. if theres another thread on this please link it here or combine it.

Folks, we need your support! The whisperings on Parliament Hill is the the scrapping of the Firearms Act IS on the table! Despite the Government immediately announcing an amnesty, they have discovered that NOTHING other than legislative change will let them keep that promise! Why? Because there is no mechanism in the Firearms Act that allows someone with a Non-Restricted OR Restricted PAL to be in possession of a PROHIBITED firearm!

Please write your MP, the Minister of Public Safety, the Minister of Justice AND the Prime Minister!

Strewth
03-06-2014, 09:51 AM
^Aha, good call whoever found that tid-bit; makes total sense. Internet high five. Real life beer on me. Going into my next letter.....maybe just going to be my next letter, about us being criminals by decree, and needing to get more licences for no reason.

TV-PressPass
03-06-2014, 10:05 AM
I keep saying to people:

1. It takes you fifteen minutes.
2. It costs nothing to mail these letters.
3. It could seriously change the way you shoot. Possibly for the better.

awndray
03-06-2014, 10:11 AM
http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?7325-GOC-Letters&p=126227&viewfull=1#post126227

conger
03-06-2014, 10:28 AM
I received a letter back from My MP "Tim Uppal." His response covered the points I made in my letter and although I wasn't crazy about how "High River was addressed; He did assure me that the government isn't happy with the fact that bureaucrats within the RCMP are changing laws and not our elected officials.
Generally encouraging, so I would say to everyone; keep up the pressure. I think they are hearing us.

Steveo9mm
03-06-2014, 10:31 AM
there is no mechanism in the Firearms Act that allows someone with a Non-Restricted OR Restricted PAL to be in possession of a PROHIBITED firearm!

Does that mean im a criminal again ??? :run:

stevesummit
03-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Does that mean im a criminal again ??? :run:

Your forgetting that we all are criminals ! We just have a little card that says it's ok for us to break certain laws !

Steveo9mm
03-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Your forgetting that we all are criminals ! We just have a little card that says it's ok for us to break certain laws !

Ya I always saw that as a catch 22

whitewolf1389
03-06-2014, 12:59 PM
This is what I found so far. if theres another thread on this please link it here or combine it.

Folks, we need your support! The whisperings on Parliament Hill is the the scrapping of the Firearms Act IS on the table! Despite the Government immediately announcing an amnesty, they have discovered that NOTHING other than legislative change will let them keep that promise! Why? Because there is no mechanism in the Firearms Act that allows someone with a Non-Restricted OR Restricted PAL to be in possession of a PROHIBITED firearm!

Please write your MP, the Minister of Public Safety, the Minister of Justice AND the Prime Minister!

will they be able to scrap the act before the next election?

stevesummit
03-06-2014, 02:16 PM
will they be able to scrap the act before the next election?

They will need to have something to put in place before they can yank the old one off the books ! So I wouldn't want them to ram something in that isn't thought out well with proper controls in place

Strewth
03-06-2014, 02:26 PM
They will need to have something to put in place before they can yank the old one off the books ! So I wouldn't want them to ram something in that isn't thought out well with proper controls in place

Agreed, the smart move by the CPC is to stonewall the RCMP with "amnesties" and then make generalized comments about "streamlining" the FA as a small side-note 2015 election plank, so as not to draw to much ire from the uninformed or the uncaring... and then as soon as they get re-elected as a majority with donations, volunteer time, and solid voter turnout from firearms owners, have a plan in place to scrap the damn thing and then have three and a half years for the fake, emotional furor over the blood in the streets die down.

stevesummit
03-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Agreed, the smart move by the CPC is to stonewall the RCMP with "amnesties" and then make generalized comments about "streamlining" the FA as a small side-note 2015 election plank, so as not to draw to much ire from the uninformed or the uncaring... and then as soon as they get re-elected as a majority with donations, volunteer time, and solid voter turnout from firearms owners, have a plan in place to scrap the damn thing and then have three and a half years for the fake, emotional furor over the blood in the streets die down.

My thoughts exactly ! Great minds do think alike ! Bacon

awndray
03-07-2014, 07:01 AM
This week: 7 letters and 7 emails to the Prime Minister, 2 Ministers and 3 Members of Parliament. Family and friends are doing the same. I've gotten word from my MP that he wants to discuss personally.

Keep on keepin on, everyone!