PDA

View Full Version : OUR BIG FIGHT

Shawn.Bevins
03-09-2014, 12:17 PM
S THIS OUR COMMUNITIES BIG FIGHT?

While some may be actively calling for "cooler heads to prevail" or "at least give us compensation" the NFA's position is that the arbitrary reclassification of any firearm is basically theft of property. These types of situations only affect good people in possession of legally obtained property. Criminals are not affected by the firearms act nor are they held hostage by the gun grabbing forces in the upper echelons of the RCMP. By definition criminals do not comply with laws.

Actively supporting or condoning the reclassification or calling for compensation is quite frankly wrong. By supporting this position you are giving them a green light to seize more and it would be similar to saying "reclassify my previously legal property, order me to surrender it or face a federal penitentiary sentence but as long as you pay me for it, its ok come and take it". Sounds ludicrous right?

The NFA haven spoken to many of the affected owners including one gentleman who has personally and previously, legally invested over $50,000 hard earn dollars into his collection of Swiss Arms rifles and their accessories. He is a competitive shooter and is in no way shape or form interested in rendering his property even if compensation was on the table. He wants action, real action not hot air or calls to calm down. He like all of the other 15000 law abiding folks who legally obtained their property want legislative reform and they want it now, not later and certainly not in the form of some election carrot. The NFA has and always will fight for all Canadian firearms owners and we will never back down or shy away from fighting for their rights. This is what the NFA does.

The NFA over the course of nearly 2 years has dramatically increased its lobbying efforts and its presence in Ottawa. After, many meetings with MP's and staff including 3 meetings with Public Safety in addition to having its hand in the policy workshops and plenary at the CPC 2013 convention and having supported a bill that would have totally revamped the CPC's official policy on firearms legislation and we feel that repealing the firearms act is now inevitable . The pressure is strong and is coming from within.

Prior to this recent move by the RCMP there had been substantiated rumours that changes to the firearms act were coming. The NFA has assumed a leadership role in submitting its version of what it considers to be responsible firearms legislation. We have been hearing "good things are coming" now for nearly a year. To be blunt they are not coming fast enough. This recent move (which is one of the largest gun grabs in recent memory) and the now very public airing of the blatant failures of the firearms act exposes this act for what it is, a complete failure. These failures have now been pulled from underneath a rock and exposed for all Canadians to view.

This is our big fight and Canada's National Firearms Association is in the thick of it. We need you to continue to keep the pressure on by assertively, diplomatically and professionally reaching out to all members of parliament. Tell them to repeal the firearms act and to do it now. Join or donate to the NFA and become an activist! At the end of the day you are the gun lobby and with our combined efforts we will win this fight!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76918135/1097924_504063886328379_2113721715_o.jpg

Rory McCanuck
03-09-2014, 12:56 PM
other 15000 law abiding folks
I notice that number is starting to look like the number of hits/day that the CFRO got, it goes up with each re-telling.

Strewth
03-09-2014, 07:24 PM
I appreciate the sentiment in the letter, and everyone does need to write their MP about this. The address is easy to find online, lots of templates to massage and sign your name to.

telecaster
03-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Great post, Shawn!

telecaster
03-09-2014, 11:04 PM
I appreciate the sentiment in the letter, and everyone does need to write their MP about this. The address is easy to find online, lots of templates to massage and sign your name to.

Yes, write a letter! I always get a reply to my letters.