PDA

View Full Version : cz858 unpinned

Steveo9mm
03-13-2014, 08:11 AM
I know we've been told not to currently do anything until the legal status of the cz and Swiss arms are established legally.

Ive also read a few posts in places that mention guys have taken them to the range and the RO just stood there scratching their heads not knowing exactly what to do. It also seems the same for police from my understanding. If one were to get stopped with this so called "prohibited weapon", some of the LEO's said they may not know how to deal with it.

which brings me to another more debatable question, lets say they are theoretically prohibited.... or maybe that is the final outcome in an unfortunate event and we still have amnesty or grandfathering or whatever BS idea they may come up with. Can we then unpin them to 30 rounds? i mean prohibited is prohibited aint it?

OR if we get amnesty including range use and/or selling ability of this "prohibited weapon. again... can they be unpinned?

Im only asking because this whole thing is total BS and convoluted. I have a feeling its going to be a long time before we get any final answers. I myself am not even sure of the legal classification of this thing anymore.

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
03-13-2014, 08:31 AM
You are talking about two separate things. A prohibited firearm, and a prohibited device (unpinned 30 rnd mag) ...

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Haywire1
03-13-2014, 08:53 AM
magazines for semi auto must be pinned to 5 rounds, regardless of the classification of the firearm. magazines are regulated separately

BrotherRockeye
03-13-2014, 08:56 AM
yup..they'll cuff ya an stuff ya for the mag while they scratch their heads over the iron.

Steveo9mm
03-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Since I have xcr mag adaptor with back to back mags, they will really be in a shlumuzzle then huh? the original mags dont even sit right in my cz. only the 10 rounders work. that'll really throw them off.

I can see it now,
"please step out of the car, wtf is this.... I think your under arrest but im not sure."

Haywire1
03-13-2014, 09:22 AM
no, it will go like this: please step out of the car, you are under arrest. followed by " we are charging you with unsafe storage, possesion of prohibited device, and possession of a prohibited weapon, and unsafe transportation" followed months later " turns out you were legal, dropping the charges, sorry it cost you thousands" followed by giggling

Steveo9mm
03-13-2014, 09:51 AM
I think the giggling would piss me off more than anything.

BrotherRockeye
03-13-2014, 10:58 AM
that's the whole id'er

lone-wolf
03-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Should have a unpinned magazine amnesty.

Paladin
03-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Should have a unpinned magazine amnesty.

Should toss the mag capacity legislation all together, but then it's one item on a long list of injustices.

Tactical72
03-13-2014, 04:51 PM
I dream of a day that I can legally drill out a couple dozen rivets.

Mad Hatter
03-13-2014, 10:17 PM
So something I have never been able to figure out. Why are we allowed to have 10 rounds in a semi-auto pistol but only 5 in a cumbersome slow to recycle bolt or lever action rifle? Yet shotguns are unlimited whether pump or auto-load.:smash:

Steveo9mm
03-13-2014, 10:46 PM
So something I have never been able to figure out. Why are we allowed to have 10 rounds in a semi-auto pistol but only 5 in a cumbersome slow to recycle bolt or lever action rifle? Yet shotguns are unlimited whether pump or auto-load.:smash:

Its mindboggling. Im still using the 25 round mag for the 715t mossberg

Paladin
03-13-2014, 11:25 PM

Well technically bolt and lever action rifles have no magazine limit unless they use magazines designed for a semi-auto, with the exception of the Lee-Enfield which is limited to 10. Of course the real problem is that you are looking for logic where there is none. C68 was not written as "reasonable" law, it was written as a push towards complete disarmament of the Canadian citizen, intended to be replaced by yet stricter legislation within a decade.

JustBen
03-14-2014, 05:52 AM

Shotguns are limited to five if they are semiautomatic.

The fact that some people don't know what the laws are shows how poorly they were written.