PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about Government deciding on the status of your private property?

Shawn.Bevins
03-14-2014, 08:07 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76918135/81000-2-2002%2013%20mars%202014/81000-2-2002%2013%20mars%202014-page-001.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76918135/81000-2-2002%2013%20mars%202014/81000-2-2002%2013%20mars%202014-page-002.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76918135/81000-2-2002%2013%20mars%202014/81000-2-2002%2013%20mars%202014-page-003.jpg

stevesummit
03-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Well that answers the question as to if we can take them to the range and shoot them !

lone-wolf
03-14-2014, 08:12 PM
You can only transport the firearm to sell or hand over to the RCMP??!!

I don't own this specifically mentioned item(s) but any attack on private property ownership in my opinion effects me and every Canadian.

Petamocto
03-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Transfer the firearm for the purpose of a photograph?????

Some staff weenie thought to draft that sub-paragraph, but we've missed the mark of the big picture.

FALover
03-14-2014, 08:35 PM
That's as clear as a puddle o' mud. What business would buy a 'prohibited' firearm is there is no selling it? What class of prohibited are they? Obviously they are 12.3 CA as they assume the firearms in question were built on FA receivers. Can I buy one as I have the 12.3 endorsement? Are the current owners not allowed the same 'privilege' as other 12.X owners to get ATT for transport to gunsmiths,gunshows etc. The "amnesty" expires March 14, 2016? Two years? What are the plans after that?

awndray
03-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Delayed confiscation. That's all it is. What a crack of sh*t!

Waterloomike
03-14-2014, 09:12 PM
How does the government feel about The People deciding whether on not they can exist?

awndray
03-14-2014, 09:17 PM
The problem only a small percentage of The People will ever say or do anything.

Waterloomike
03-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Yeah, as long as they have their hockey, beer, the internet and a big screen tv, the world is peachy.

Maybe we don't need a lot of people. Maybe we need just enough people with the proper motivation.

I'm old and I'm reaching the end of the rope.

I've been holding on to my end and they've been burning the other.

Maybe it's time to drop that rope.

lone-wolf
03-14-2014, 09:22 PM
The problem only a small percentage of The People will ever say or do anything.

You mean the crazy people the police with put down, the media will tar and feather, and life goes on?

Mad Hatter
03-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Has anyone noticed that the previously stated 5 year period has been reduced to 2? Just about the time the Conservatives are voted out of office...

blacksmithden
03-14-2014, 10:05 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Compromise is no longer an option. Either the conservatives fix this joke of an act, or I'm not getting off my a=s on election day. They can take their f-----g carrot and stick it where the sun don't shine. This horse is sitting down. Now I'm even more pi==ed off than before it became official....and I don't even own one of these damned guns ! Mr Harper had better get used to the idea of sitting in opposition....or possibly looking for another job all together. LEAVING YOUR VOTER BASE, BASICALLY TWISTING IN THE WIND, WHILE TRYING NOT TO OFFEND PEOPLE WHO WILL NEVER VOTE FOR YOU ANYWAY IS BEYOND STUPID !!!!

BrotherRockeye
03-14-2014, 10:18 PM
"nest of schemin bastards!"

politicians haven't changed since the time of William Wallace.

FREEDOM!!!

Haywire1
03-14-2014, 10:23 PM
I dont own either of the rifles in question, and yet I have written an almost uncountable number of letters and made countless phone calls over this issue and many others over the years. I have donated a lot of money over the years, watched us all turn I to criminals because of crappy feel good legislation. And for what? Oh wow we no longer have a long gun registry. Whoopde frackin doo. Baby steps. Push for small changes, it worked for getting rid of the registry. Horsesh!t the liberals passed our lousy current fa in one swoop and rammed it through. People who do own the most recent batch of prohibs were told five year amnesty. All options on the table. What do we see? 2 year amnesty and they have to be locked up like any other prohib, despite no criminal incidents. How do I feel? Disgruntled, disgusted and most of all betrayed. I am sick of being told about political capital, sick of the RCMP running roughshod and the govt not doing anything meaningful about it. After this, I am seriously looking into emmigrating to a firearms friendly country where the voters have at least an illusion of the political parties listening to their constituents rather than the brush off we get now without even the courtesy of a reach around

Prairie Dog
03-14-2014, 10:28 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Compromise is no longer an option. Either the conservatives fix this joke of an act, or I'm not getting off my a=s on election day. They can take their f-----g carrot and stick it where the sun don't shine. This horse is sitting down. Now I'm even more pi==ed off than before it became official....and I don't even own one of these damned guns ! Mr Harper had better get used to the idea of sitting in opposition....or possibly looking for another job all together. LEAVING YOUR VOTER BASE, BASICALLY TWISTING IN THE WIND, WHILE TRYING NOT TO OFFEND PEOPLE WHO WILL NEVER VOTE FOR YOU ANYWAY IS BEYOND STUPID !!!!

Whoa there big fella. :) Yea, we were lied to (5 years vs 2) and I HATE being lied to but my take on it is if the PCs don't win another majority we're more than screwed. Even a minority win means being ganged up on by Mick's kid and Mulcair.

Any body want to try and envision this country with a Liberal/NDP coalition in charge?

Strewth
03-14-2014, 10:39 PM
^Agree, I will wait until April, until the MP's are back from March break, and see what is offered as a permanent fix after this rushed stop-gap of an amnesty.

It better be good.

harbl_the_cat
03-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Whoa there big fella. :) Yea, we were lied to (5 years vs 2) and I HATE being lied to but my take on it is if the PCs don't win another majority we're more than screwed. Even a minority win means being ganged up on by Mick's kid and Mulcair.

Any body want to try and envision this country with a Liberal/NDP coalition in charge?

I'm so sick of this BS logic. They are all in on this.

The Tories knew this was coming - guraunteed. Fing lying scumbags.

This is the shot across the bow - widespread, wholesale prohibitions are coming. Get ready for it. My money is on the T97 and Tavor being next.

Write all the letters and send all the money you want to the Tories. Nothing is going to change.

They're NOT going to help you. I had a glimmer of hope for two days that maybe something tangible would come of this - but this these SOBs make a living lying to your face - saying they will do one thing, then the next minute doing the exact opposite.

Politics are a load of bull crap. Democracy is a load of bull crap. Government is a load of bull crap. Canada is a load of bull crap.

Prairie Dog
03-14-2014, 10:49 PM
^Agree, I will wait until April, until the MP's are back from March break, and see what is offered as a permanent fix after this rushed stop-gap of an amnesty.

It better be good.

In spades! But what if its not? htc can say what he wants, its a free country, for now. Anything short of a PC majority will have us coughing up everything from butter knives to sharp sticks.

harbl_the_cat
03-14-2014, 10:49 PM

It better be good.

I'll bet you a silver dollar nothing will be offered.

harbl_the_cat
03-14-2014, 10:51 PM
In spades! But what if its not? htc can say what he wants, its a free country, for now. Anything short of a PC majority will have us coughing up everything from butter knives to sharp sticks.

It's a free country? Thanks for the laugh.

Try driving around with an 858 in the trunk of your car, get pulled over and tell the officer what your transporting and see how free it is.

I'm moving houses in a few weeks... Guess what - it's illegal for me to transport my several 858s to my new house. Did you see it say it was legal for me to do so? I sure didn't.

If I change my address with the cfc, they know the date I moved, so if I am caught with one in my new, house I'm not covered under that amnesty, as quite clearly the only way I could have possibly brought any of those rifles to my new house was to have been in contravention to it.

I guess I'd better drive it to my local RCMP detachment and just turn them in - because that IS legal.

Free country my f-ing ass.

The conservatives are a failure. The firearms associations are a failure. The government is a failure. This freaking country is a failure.

Strewth
03-14-2014, 10:59 PM
I'll bet you a silver dollar nothing will be offered.

OK.

Prairie Dog
03-14-2014, 11:00 PM
It's a free country? Thanks for the laugh.

Try driving around with an 858 in the trunk of your car, get pulled over and tell the officer what your transporting and see how free it is.

I'm moving houses in a few weeks... Guess what - it's illegal for me to transport my several 858s to my new house. Did you see it say it was legal for me to do so? I sure didn't.

You still have them in your possession though, don't you? Any new boot prints on either door?

harbl_the_cat
03-14-2014, 11:14 PM
You still have them in your possession though, don't you? Any new boot prints on either door?

Not yet, but that can change in a hurry. I'm fortunate I'm keeping my current residence - so I'll just have to leave them here - but how about other, less fortunate souls who don't have two homes?

This "amnesty" is bull crap. This countries laws are bull crap.

harbl_the_cat
03-14-2014, 11:20 PM
All section 2(d) had to say was "(a), (b) or (c)" and this would have been a REAL amnesty.

That's not an unintentional oversight.

The Tories WANT to ban guns just as bad as the liberals and NDP. At least they are honest about it.

harbl_the_cat
03-14-2014, 11:24 PM
OK.

Do you really think the Tories want pictures of Swiss Arms or 858's being shown EVERY DAY on CBC during the election?

Nothing is going to be offered. Guaranteed.

I'll give you a silver dollar if before the election, the Tories do anything on the gun front other than say "Re-elect us and we'll make something happen."

harbl_the_cat
03-14-2014, 11:28 PM
And "anything" has to be something that doesn't have a omission big enough to drive a truck through that makes it any more illegal to own an 858 before it was prohib'd. (And that's to you and you alone, Strewth).

Strewth
03-14-2014, 11:37 PM
^ 'K, makes sense. Not much of a bet, otherwise:).

BrotherRockeye
03-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Screw this bullshit Gov't and fvck politics and politicians.

my Mom was right...which pile of shit do you bend over for?

harbl_the_cat
03-14-2014, 11:55 PM
^ 'K, makes sense. Not much of a bet, otherwise:).

Well… I don't have enough silver dollars to dole out in the slight chance I'm wrong…

Never make a bet while angry :)

Strewth
03-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Never make a bet while angry :)

Nope:). When I win, I'll buy you something nice. A Pony! I will find you a My Little Pony. (actually I'll steal one of my wife's from down in the basement. No need to start talking about Ponies either harbl, thanks all the same:p. You have to lose the bet first.)

bettercallsaul
03-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Politics are a load of bull crap. Democracy is a load of bull crap. Government is a load of bull crap. Canada is a load of bull crap.

Go live in North Korea, Iran, or hell even Russia. You're damn lucky to be a Canadian. Damn lucky to be able to decide to go run for office if you want.

Waterloomike
03-15-2014, 03:19 AM

They're right outside the door.

What's the difference?

Waterloomike
03-15-2014, 03:25 AM
Go live in North Korea, Iran, or hell even Russia. You're damn lucky to be a Canadian. Damn lucky to be able to decide to go run for office if you want.

Degrees, but not freedom.

What sense would it make to move to some place worse?

Just because some other place is worse, doesn't mean people should not be righteously pissed off.

It won't get any better because some place else is worse.

Perhaps being glad you're not there is some comfort.

But until this place is free, there's not any reason to settle or say so and so has it worse, so we should be glad we're not them.

Because we aren't them and we're not there.

We're here.

And we can only fix what's here.

awndray
03-15-2014, 05:31 AM

Are you suggesting we should give up? Should we let this country turn into one of those?

harbl_the_cat
03-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Are you suggesting we should give up? Should we let this country turn into one of those?

Canada is quickly BECOMING like North Korea and it's blind faith in democracy that is causing it.

Quite honestly - if everyone stopped paying taxes, that would have a much more immediate effect at bringing about meaningful reform than voting and writing some lying scumbag who claims to represent you. There are lots of legal ways to do so too.

I also hate the logic "Well, there's worse places out there, so you should just accept how crappy it is here."

There are also better places as well - Individual North Western states in the US, Switzerland, the Philippines.

Better yet - there are abstractions for the kind of world ALL of us WANT to live in that "we" should strive to model the world into.

I've said it before - why can't government be like the internet - where individuals are 100% free to associate with any community they want, including starting their own? "Governments" act like moderators, rather than dictators - facilitating interactions among their community - not imposing on them what and how they relate to other people. The people in turn can retaliate through the free market of ideas and participation - where competition and profit incentive holds leaders accountable not violence and fraud.

There are no taxes, no regulations, no laws - only free market exchanges of ideas, services, and products. Heck - there now is even CURRENCY ISSUED AND CONTROLLED BY THE PEOPLE (not private banks and not by government).

Most of us, and I daresay most people in the world in general are connected to and understand the internet as a community NOT UNLIKE the nation states they live in. Why then can't those nation states operate the way the internet does? Because the powers that be that thrive off the cancerous system of government would become obsolete.

That is why they want you to vote for them. To write to them. To pay tribute and taxes to them.

They want to keep you locked in a physical, mental, and intellectual cage.

BruceW
03-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Property ownership is the very cornerstone of a free democracy. Since a group other than our elected representatives are deciding who can own property it could be argued that we simply are no longer living in a free democracy, rather a bureaucracy.

In other area's different bureaucrats are working hard to eliminate free use decisions about other privately owned property, ie, land. Other bureaucrats are working hard to inhibit the free pursuit of business, ie, trades.

Bureaucrats killed general aviation in Canada. They're going to kill the trades and agriculture as well. They wont' rest until Canadians wistfully dream of the freedoms of places like N Korea. Oh, they want you to pay for it and pay taxes on it, they just don't want you to have free use of it. They think it's up to them to decide and dictate how private property is used.

It appears the rcmp has simply become the strongarm of that bureaucracy. And our elected representatives are either powerless or scared to do anything about it. I'm starting to feel like voting only decides who get's to ride around in the fancy jet throwing money away, rather than determining the direction of our country on behalf of the peoples wishes.

Least that's how it looks to me.

ReignCzech
03-15-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm so sick of this BS logic. They are all in on this.

The Tories knew this was coming - guraunteed. Fing lying scumbags.

This is the shot across the bow - widespread, wholesale prohibitions are coming. Get ready for it. My money is on the T97 and Tavor being next.

Write all the letters and send all the money you want to the Tories. Nothing is going to change.

They're NOT going to help you. I had a glimmer of hope for two days that maybe something tangible would come of this - but this these SOBs make a living lying to your face - saying they will do one thing, then the next minute doing the exact opposite.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3QqO8EXd-II/Sc5QMXrH0jI/AAAAAAAAnkY/V9LctoKxRCY/s400/GUNS_FOR_LIBERALS.JPG

Waterloomike
03-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Property ownership is the very cornerstone of a free democracy. Since a group other than our elected representatives are deciding who can own property it could be argued that we simply are no longer living in a free democracy, rather a bureaucracy.

In other area's different bureaucrats are working hard to eliminate free use decisions about other privately owned property, ie, land. Other bureaucrats are working hard to inhibit the free pursuit of business, ie, trades.

Bureaucrats killed general aviation in Canada. They're going to kill the trades and agriculture as well. They wont' rest until Canadians wistfully dream of the freedoms of places like N Korea. Oh, they want you to pay for it and pay taxes on it, they just don't want you to have free use of it. They think it's up to them to decide and dictate how private property is used.

It appears the rcmp has simply become the strongarm of that bureaucracy. And our elected representatives are either powerless or scared to do anything about it. I'm starting to feel like voting only decides who get's to ride around in the fancy jet throwing money away, rather than determining the direction of our country on behalf of the peoples wishes.

Least that's how it looks to me.

That's a very astute observation.

No consent of the governed, no consent of Parliament.

Only the will of non elected bureaucracies , that are models of the Soviet politburos. with the commissars of the rcmp in charge.

The ndp's wetdream and they've never won a federal election. It's all been accomplished incognito.

lone-wolf
03-15-2014, 08:45 AM
my Mom was right...which pile of shit do you bend over for?

My mother's sentiments are the same, although she simplified it to they're all scum

FALover
03-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Well this thread is quickly spiraling into into the toilet. You don't like the way things are going then get a few friends together, throw some cash together (not those crapcoins) and have them help you run for office. Anyone can but few do.

North Korea is a closed society. The only way Canada is becoming closer to North Korea is the signing of a free trade agreement with South Korea. The DMZ will do the separating.

Why would we emulate the Swiss? Do we need to fund our country with tax cheats from other countries. Or maybe you like the fact that they use their banks as money laundering services to the world. How about the gold that was looted by the Nazis from invaded countries or "processed" from the death camps?

If the Philippines is so damn good, why is it constantly fighting rebel groups? Or maybe child prostitution is considered favorable?http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/in-manila-these-days-even-the-pimps-are-under-age-1615192.html

As for the "no taxes"," government run like the internet". WTF! You would have us live in a virtual world? How does transparency work if everyone hides behind a keyboard? The trolls of yesteryear that lived under bridges now will be found in their parents basements. Taxes have some viable uses. I guess I am old fashioned but if I need emergency help I would rather call 911 than google "how do I stop my house from burning to the ground?". I have yet to see a Open Heart Surgery for Dummies make the book stores. Again I am starting to get into a rant mode so I will go now before I lose it outright.

BrotherRockeye
03-15-2014, 04:00 PM
anybody that needs to google "how do I stop my house from burning to the ground?" belongs in a virtual world.

Camo tung
03-15-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm less impressed now with the "other" gun-owners rights org (not NFA) that advised us to take a breath and cool down, that the Gov't works slowly but that it works, and that they had heard us. And this is what we waited for? What kind of BS is that?

N o
F *cking
A mnesty!

lone-wolf
03-16-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm less impressed now with the "other" gun-owners rights org (not NFA) that advised us to take a breath and cool down, that the Gov't works slowly but that it works, and that they had heard us. And this is what we waited for? What kind of BS is that?

N o
F *cking
A mnesty!

Might be why I only donate to one organization now. I like being on the same page as the ones representing me.

Mad Hatter
03-16-2014, 04:45 PM
I was going to join and support the org that is cooling down, but in hind sight glad that I did not. I had a chance to "cool down". Everything is going to the NFA now. Besides, it gives me a chance at that 50 cal giveaway!