BrotherRockeye
03-17-2014, 09:29 AM
so I sent a letter:

Sir,
I write today to add my voice and the voices of hundreds in my area to
the call for justice.
I expect you are well aware of the recent events involving firearms
'reclassification' by the RCMP and the failures involving our current
firearms legislation, so I will not bother to restate them here.
I write today simply to remind you and make you aware.
You were elected to office and may remain in office by the the will of
the people you represent.
I am one of a very few in my area that use electronic media. I write
today representing countless hundreds of voting firearms owners who are
fed up with bad laws and being criminalized because of the tools we
employ, that others may not have need for.
The thousands of firearms owners you have heard from on these matters
are a very vocal minority. A few waves in the ocean. There are a great
many more of us that will not be heard until election day, when your
level of representation will be graded.
Rest assured that we are watching and we are expecting our voices to
be heard through our elected representatives.
Amnesty is for criminals and compensation is for victims. We are
neither. We are law abiding Canadian firearms owners.

Sincerely,

this morning I received a reply:

Dear Mr. Rockeye:

Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister regarding the classification of firearms. Please be assured that your concerns have been carefully noted.

As this matter falls within the responsibilities of the Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to him. I am certain that Minister Blaney will wish to give your views every consideration.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.

J.P. Vachon
Manager/Gestionnaire
Executive Correspondence Services
for the Prime Minister's Office
Services de la correspondance
de la haute direction
pour le Cabinet du Premier ministre

to which I replied:

Dear Mr. Vachon

Thank you for replying to my letter regarding the classification of firearms. Please be assured that your measured response has been carefully noted.

As this matter falls within the responsibilities of the Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, I have already written him directly. I am certain that Minister Blaney is currently too overwhelmed to give my views any consideration.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to reply.

See how he likes a canned response... :)

Haywire1
03-17-2014, 09:34 AM
BAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT

Strewth
03-17-2014, 09:36 AM
lol at canned response. I like sending their words back to them, last one was to a CPC campaigner, Dmitri Soudas, I believe? Anyway, he sent me a request,

"Friend,

We need to get straight to the point...(talk of choices, family, leadership)...money."

So I sent him a reply:

Dear Mr. Soudas,

I will do you the same courtesy of getting straight to the point as well. As soon as I see movement from my party on the actions taken by the RCMP on the law abiding firearms owning citizens of Canada, I will donate to the CPC. The quick amnesty granted to over 10 000 Canadians, keeping them temporarily from becoming overnight felons, is a very encouraging first step, I look forward to seeing the second.

Thank you for your time,
Strewth

3strokes
03-17-2014, 09:53 AM
so I sent a letter:

this morning I received a reply:

to which I replied:

See how he likes a canned response... :)

Do you have a spycam in my home (or are you intercepting my emails)?

BruceW
03-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Excellent Rockeye, BTW, that's the Exact same pmo resonse I got quite some time ago. The funny part was I had a 50.00 cheque in the envelope which hasn't been cashed, making me wonder if they saw my addy and tossed the letter(and the chq)

Received another donation call 2 days ago. The caller was much more aware of what's going on than previous callers, although ran out of answers fast when I started pointing specific things out like the cfo's seditious behaviour with no consequences and had no response when I pointed to the sacking of HR; his response, "report in progress", my retort, "THAT WAS A YEAR AGO, and all those involved have likely received raises and promotions since then!!!"......crickets.
Make no mistake, the cpc is beginning to understand we're not going to, "board the train meekly".

I also told the caller people are talking about burying guns and that hasn't happened since the lieberals had a majority; perhaps they should consider that a harbinger. The threat of, "what the liberals would do" means nothing if exactly the same thing is happening now.

Haywire1
03-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Excellent Rockeye, BTW, that's the Exact same pmo resonse I got quite some time ago. The funny part was I had a 50.00 cheque in the envelope which hasn't been cashed, making me wonder if they saw my addy and tossed the letter(and the chq)

Received another donation call 2 days ago. The caller was much more aware of what's going on than previous callers, although ran out of answers fast when I started pointing specific things out like the cfo's seditious behaviour with no consequences and had no response when I pointed to the sacking of HR

new sig line :D

telecaster
03-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Imo, J. P. Vachon is just another piggy at the trough, otherwise known as the PMO. I have lost all faith and all respect for PM Harper and the Conservatives. We will hear from them only when they've crunched the numbers and realize "oh, fcuk, we need those wacky, lowlife gun owners in order to keep the good times going". Paid for of course by the hard-working, law-abiding citizens of Canada. Cynical? You bet? Whatever happened to the high hopes of members, myself included, of the Reform Party? Sad, sad.

Edenchef
03-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Whatever happened to the high hopes of members, myself included, of the Reform Party? Sad, sad.

As too often happens in politics. The best of intentions become corrupted by the quest for and retention of power. JMHO.

Cheers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rodauto
03-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Have been getting many emails asking for donations lately! Sent them all this response.......

Hello Mr. Harper,Soudas, etc,
I have recieved many requests from both Federal and Provincial parties asking for my support and donations. Be assured that you have in the past and will in the future have both to a certain degree. As a firearms owner who has seen the good you have done but waiting for the better you promised I must admit the majority of my available funds are now going to the CSSA and NFA. I understand that there are priorities but for me the scrapping of the firearms act and the restricted and prohibited classifications is a major priority for me to be able to enjoy the life in Canada that you say you are working toward. For me a balanced budget is extremely important but what good would it be if all I can do is sit home and watch TV??? My sport/ my passion is what I live and work for and will not accept the loss of this activity in any way shape or form.
My local MP responded at least to a personal email, but just assured me Blaney was looking into the matter....
Rodney