PDA

View Full Version : First Visit +1

TV-PressPass
03-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Stopped in for the first time on my way to the Edmonton Boat and Sportsman's show this weekend.

I've watched RDSC develop online and jump through many a hoop, but this was my first time inside the building.

I was impressed.

Very impressed.

To be honest, I didn't shoot. Just met a local buddy to swap over some gear and take a look around.

But damn: there isn't a knock off product in the place!

I was impressed to see lots of premium black guns on the racks, and lots of slick gear on the shelves.

Beyond just the usual magpul, there were AAC accessories, a full range of HSGI tacos, Hayley Strategic Mounts, and a just a ton of stuff that I drool over online but rarely get to fondle face to face.

I wound up throwing down a few bills on magpul M3 ranger plates (so hard to find right now) and the Thorntail flashlight mount (great to open it up and take a close look before buying)

Its great to walk into a place like that see exciting things on the shelves. Compact baby eagles, FDE ACRs, and all kinds of top of the line stuff. Also happy to see Calibre being given away right new to the till.

I'm not going to be stopping in on my way to Edmonton anymore: I'm going to be driving up with the express purpose of visiting RDSC.

Camo tung
03-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Pics or it didn't happen! (that's thinly veiled jealousy speaking)

zulu
03-17-2014, 05:28 PM
I hope to stop by next time im headed down to calgary

mavrik9
03-17-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm hoping for another meet and greet + shooting at RDSC sometime after April, as I missed the last one due to work. But I am hoping to head up there soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

A corrupted individual
03-17-2014, 07:59 PM
I don't mean to be that jerk but......

:pics:

TV-PressPass
03-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Ask and ye shall receive!

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/b14cf7a8ae2811e3bff10e9c1b268e6c_8.jpg

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/c555f6e6ae9b11e3a57512f3c952acee_8.jpg

50calshooter
03-20-2014, 10:10 AM
TVPP!

I must have just missed you or I didn't see you in my ever developed state of scatter brain, lol. My apologies.

I'm glad you like the store, the retail gig has been a hard go, but its coming along. I refuse to sell cheap shit just for the sake of selling something. We are proud to be able to maintain a line-up of quality, proven gear. I always tell folks quality doesn't have to always mean expensive, we pride ourselves by putting in the time to do the research on these products both existing and up and coming, find a source and bring it in. I believe that what we sell in our shop reflects directly on me, so its important to me that we continue to hold ourselves to that higher standard of merchandising.

Anyway, thank-you for your business, I appreciate your support. If you like the retail shop, you'll love the range, be sure to stop in soon to shoot!

Derek

onetwentyish
04-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Hey I wouldn't happen to have been that local buddy would I? :p

And for certain RDSC is the nicest store and range I have ever seen. Derek and Mike have always been very knowledgeable and informative to talk to.

There is so much good quality gear there that I have to pull out my wallet everytime I am in RD.

Derek, I applaud your store and what you have made. Please continue to bring in loads more quality gear to keep me broke as hell... lol