PDA

View Full Version : kryptek for bow hunting.

pweitzel
03-18-2014, 12:25 AM
I've been trying to find a good camo for bow hunting this year. I have it between kryptek mandrake and atacs fg. I would go the real tree route but its hard to find any that is sort of similiar to where I'll be hunting. Also i thought those two would be a better silhouette concealer as Im not hunting from a tree stand. What are some thoughts on the patterns?

Camo tung
03-18-2014, 01:13 AM
I've been trying to find a good camo for bow hunting this year. I have it between kryptek mandrake and atacs fg. I would go the real tree route but its hard to find any that is sort of similiar to where I'll be hunting. Also i thought those two would be a better silhouette concealer as Im not hunting from a tree stand. What are some thoughts on the patterns?

What time of year will you be bow hunting? Before the leaves change? After they drop? Snow? I use an older Realtree pattern, Hardwoods 20-200. Works just fine on the ground around Alberta. Don't overthink your choice - WT aren't exactly known for building rockets in their spare time.

BrotherRockeye
03-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Ct is right...

camo is for people...

plaid bush jackets were effective for a long time before marketers realized how gullible people, not deer, are.

break up your outline and change your human shape. This is as easy as wearing a vest and different colored top and bottom.

Strewth
03-18-2014, 09:55 AM
^Agree, I bought into the hype, and in $300 worth of "Realtree" I look like a dark, human-shaped blob from 10 yards+. Lighter top against the sky, darker pants against the bush. Around my parts, best solid colour bar none is surplus CF greens.
For fun with multiple camo patterns, check out Hyperstealth out of Maple Ridge, BC.

pweitzel
03-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Very true. Never thought of it that way. Doesn't help Im a bit of a gear whore. Im planning on going about mid archery season, that when work slows down. Also where Im going is a good mix of dense bush and open cut lines

BrotherRockeye
03-18-2014, 03:54 PM
My favorite archery wear is a British NBC? camo suit.

The camo blends well in most situations and the blotches are big enough to still work at a distance...the charcoal lining doesn't hurt either.