PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur phoenix xbow

Deerslayer270
03-23-2014, 09:51 AM
So i have been looking into gettin into bowhunting for a few years now i like the idea of being able to be more "picky" when it comes to bowhunting. I like the idea i get an extra couple months to fill a tag instead of feeling all the pressure to fill my tag during the two week rifle season. I have a co worker who is sellin his excalibur phoenix scope package including quiver,scope,string pully, etc and supposedley the bow has only been shot a hand full of times. Hes only asking $500 for the package and i am very tempted as again it would add more opportunity to fill my tag and have another reason to hit the woods more often :)
So what do ya'l think should i buy? Excalibur is a great xbow and i like the recurve simplicity over the "compound" style. If anyone has an input if i should go for it or buy a different set up id like to hear it. Main thing to is $500 is a great price as far as i understand and am on a budget.

Should be noted to i am a newbie when it comes to anything bow related always been a firearms guy

Tinman905
03-23-2014, 10:26 PM
I bought a used Phoenix for my daughter and I paid $500.00 for a similar package. I think it was a fair price .

bdog
04-07-2014, 06:04 PM
It's a decent price, and a good starting point to get into crossbows, check out the Excalibur forum......

OEM
04-22-2014, 08:36 AM
Edit...sorry! Wrong thread!!!

superbad
10-27-2014, 08:01 PM
I own an excalibur and its been beat up alot and its still awesome.

Fredo
11-28-2014, 12:04 PM
It's a great price. Those xbows are fantastic, very little maintenance and they shoot awesome up to 50 yds. I have 2 of them, an Exomax and a Relayer. I've been mostly shooting the exomax, thousands of shots, never had a problem with it that was not caused by me.
Plus, no need to go to the archery shop when it is time to change the string... You don't need a bow press, you can change the string on the field in less than 2 minutes.