PDA

View Full Version : Wildrose Party Position on Guns for Albertans

Mad Hatter
04-01-2014, 03:08 PM
From CGOA:

Here is where the Widrose party stands if you were wondering...
Thank you for taking the time to contact Wildrose with your questions. Wildrose strongly supported the federal government's decision to end the long gun registry. Additionally, Wildrose passed the following policies at the 2013 annual general meeting:
D. Firearms
Wildrose members believe the Government of Alberta should:
12. ... uphold the property and civil rights of all Albertans, including firearms owners.
13. ... appoint a Chief Firearms Officer to direct the Firearms Program in Alberta.
14. ... create and maintain a registry of individuals prohibited by a court from possessing firearms.
15. ... table periodic reports in the Legislature concerning the frequency, causes and prevention of all categories of violent crime in Alberta, and the social, environmental, and economic effects of all firearms-related activities.
Furthermore, previous Wildrose policy stated intentions to:
Ensure that all Albertans are entitled to the right of appeal for firearms
confiscation orders as well as the right to fair and timely compensation
when legally owned firearms are confiscated from law-abiding gun owners.
Thanks again for contact Wildrose. Wildrose values the feedback of Albertans on the issues that matter to them. Please feel free to share your views as Wildrose moves forward in developing its policies.
Wildrose has long maintained that reclassifying weapons must be done judiciously and transparently and full compensation must be offered in cases like this when regulatory changes affect personal property. If the RCMP is telling people something they owned legally yesterday is now illegal, they must provide compensation for this regulatory confiscation.
~Wildrose Caucus

Basically let be what is. Confiscation is OK so long as it is compensated for.

blacksmithden
04-01-2014, 04:17 PM
That last part doesn't sit well in my gut.

M.T. Chambers
04-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Lines 13, 14. and 15 would be non-starters for me, and they are supposed to be gun friendly?? I don't vote in Alberta, but if I did, they would hear from me, Alberta has very poor choices.

Haywire1
04-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Opting in to the fa allows the province to appoint their own cfo who answers to the province rather than the rcmp officer we have now. Maintaining a record of those who are prohibited from owning firearms, uh that is what we have been saying isnt it? Moniter those who are not allowed rather than those who are???

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

KeNd0
04-02-2014, 03:47 AM
They'll see no more monies from this household.