PDA

View Full Version : Camping and visiting the range for a weekend - ATT

Dangphool
04-02-2014, 10:18 AM
We were hoping to spend a weekend at a campground near one of the ranges that we have a membership for. As we'll be driving out for the weekend and traveling back and forth between the range and the actual campground, do we need a special ATT to do so? This is in AB.

ReignCzech
04-02-2014, 10:34 AM
No, it's all good, been covered many times. LTATT covers it.
it's the same as if you're renting a hotel for the nights.

Many o many have done this.
however,... the campsite regs may state their terms of firearms, depending if provincial, forestry, crown land, etc,etc.
storage and transport of course apply, and best to be to the T.

Wendell
04-02-2014, 02:22 PM
The correct answer is that IT DEPENDS upon the precise wording printed in ink on the paper copy of your Authorization To Transport.
My ATT includes the phrase: "...must be transported by a route that, in all circumstances, is reasonably direct..." and the meaning of that is clear enough to me.
Once you have read your ATT, and all of it's included conditions, that what you may or may not do under the Authorization should be clear to you, but, if it is not, your CFO is the person to ask - in writing.

Strewth
04-02-2014, 02:38 PM
I agree with Wendell, although as ReignCzech says it's been done before with the blessing of the CFO. Probably best to call, I have no idea if Alberta is weird about this for....no good reason. How else would we participate in out of town matches?
Maybe that would be the way to totally cover your butt, get an invite from the range you're going to.

DOA
04-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I called the CFO office in AB and was told that my ATT covers me for where ever I sleep when on vacation. I was asking about a visit to GP and what additional ATT I might need. My ATT says any range in AB so she said nothing else required when on vacation with in AB.

Steveo9mm
04-03-2014, 03:41 AM
The whole ATT thing has to go. its a waste of time and makes no sense. :Bang head:

Strewth
04-03-2014, 08:32 AM
^I wish we could get a solid(ish) number on how much the ATT program costs. I think everyone sympathises with meaningless paperwork, just need a dollar figure to go along with it.