PDA

View Full Version : Last Man Standing

mavrik9
04-12-2014, 06:41 PM
My wife recorded Last Man Standing for me the other day, I had no idea what it was about and put off watching it for fear of another reality based show. Turns out its not half bad. Its Tim Allens new show that seems to be very pro gun and fairly funny.

Strewth
04-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah, actually my wife started me on it too, on Netflix; not bad:). I like that he works in an outdoor store, and I love the wall behind his boss.

mavrik9
04-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Only one episode in but I'm going to check out the ones on Netflix.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

chadeech
04-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Good show could do without the jokes on political views but good old fashioned male ego stuff

FlyingHigh
04-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Here I thought you were talking about the Bruce Willis film which was excellent.

FALover
04-12-2014, 09:46 PM
It's the #1 show in the Falover household. PVR it Friday night just so not to miss it.

Strewth
04-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Here I thought you were talking about the Bruce Willis film which was excellent.

This too:). I loved that movie. I know it was Hollywooded, but the soundtrack was raunchy, and the gunplay was over the top silly:).
The Kurosawa (Seven Samurai) movie "Yojimbo" that it was based on is on Youtube.

killer kane
05-30-2014, 11:33 AM
As well as the Clint Eastwood man with no name series. I like em all, but the Seven Samurai is still my favorite.

lone-wolf
12-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Old thread, but I remember reading this and started watching season 1 on netflix the other day.
Finished up season one, great, really enjoyed the show.
Started season 2 today, they replaced the cute older girl with some loud mouth, and it's gone super political in the dumbest manor possible.
I got the gut feeling that I was watching a different show.

Gotta ask if it's worth even watching after the first season?

mavrik9
12-12-2015, 03:11 PM
I still enjoy it

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Doug_M
12-12-2015, 05:04 PM
I got the gut feeling that I was watching a different show.

Gotta ask if it's worth even watching after the first season?

The older daughter replacement thing is annoying at first but you get used to it. The politics thing, well if you're a true conservative you'll be laughing. Why aren't you laughing lone-wolf? Did you vote Liberal? YOU DID! YOU VOTED LIBERAL! OMG OMG OMG!

lone-wolf
12-12-2015, 05:14 PM
https://fat.gfycat.com/OptimalThoseFoal.gif

Reeferman
12-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Its about the only family show on tv that leans conservative rather than all the progressive gay transsexual lefty crap that's on

Kenwp
12-12-2015, 07:49 PM
The youngest daughter is a hoot and a half. At least he runs a gun store the Liberals must be having a cow watching it.

lone-wolf
04-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Was watching it tonight when Mike's neighbor gave him a bag of weed infused treats:
"I'll put it in my gun safe. Look at that- drugs and guns. I'm definitely a Libertarian."

LOL

soulchaser
05-18-2017, 07:01 AM
Think I read a couple days ago it's been cancelled.

FALover
05-18-2017, 07:21 AM
Yep, ABC dumped my favorite television show. Sent Disney (owner of ABC) a rather unfriendly email voicing my displeasure. "ABC can blow goats/Disney is dead to me" is the readers digest version. Looks like I will have a bit more cash as my entertainment budget will not get a lot of use. Hell, I may even get rid of my cable connection.

triq
05-18-2017, 08:02 AM
Hell, I may even get rid of my cable connection.

Careful, the big cable company police will show up at your door.

FALover
05-18-2017, 08:57 AM

..along with half a dozen various government security agencies. The Better Half still believes CSIS, the FBI and a few others have me on their radars!:evil1:

triq
05-18-2017, 09:04 AM
..along with half a dozen various government security agencies. The Better Half still believes CSIS, the FBI and a few others have me on their radars!:evil1:

she's probably not completely wrong.

Doug_M
05-18-2017, 09:25 AM
https://www.change.org/p/abc-network-save-tim-allen-s-show-last-man-standing

Petition to "save" the show. Would be nice if Netflix picked it up.

Swampdonkey
05-18-2017, 09:28 AM
Netflix has the first five seasons.

DanN
05-18-2017, 09:40 AM

Petition to "save" the show. Would be nice if Netflix picked it up.

Signed.

RangeBob
05-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Signed

The Daily Show - anti trump, renewed (1.5 million viewers)
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee - anti trump, renewed (1 million viewers of new episodes)
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - anti trump, renewed (1 million viewers)
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - anti trump, renewed (3 million viewers)
Saturday Night Live - anti trump, renewed (8 million viewers)

Last Man Standing, staring Hollywood’s most prominent Donald Trump supporter, ABC's network's second most-watched comedy, pulls in more total viewers than any comedy on the network not named Modern Family, ABC’s third most-watched scripted show period (8.2 million viewers) - pro trump, cancelled

ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey said "we haven’t paid enough attention to some of the true realities of what life is like for everyday Americans in our dramas."
Tim Allen said on Jimmy Kimmel months ago "You gotta be real careful around here. You get beat up if you don't believe what everybody else believes. This is like '30s Germany."

Waynetheman
05-18-2017, 01:54 PM

Same title only brings images of Bruce Willis dual wielding those 1911s

RangeBob
05-20-2017, 02:40 PM
Petition to "save" the show.

Petition update. Signature Count Dropping! Checking Into It.
https://www.change.org/p/abc-network-save-tim-allen-s-show-last-man-standing/u/20326571

comments at link

The Clinton machine is just SO busy trying to thwart wvwery little thing.

No surprise. Change.org receives money by George Soros.

Hilda beasts emails disappeared, why can't our signatures... somone from the left is behind this scheme, I am sure!

Change.org started as a progressive movement.

you can't have a pro conservative petion on Change.org. It is against site rules. This site is to be only used for liberal, anti Trump, anti law enforcement, prodrug use. Read the guide lines people!

Maybe the Russians hacked it.

It's Obama's fault.

I noticed today that the Hallmark Channel that shows Last Man Standing re runs have taken them off and now in that time slot they are showing the revolting show Roseanne!!

Jimmy Redflash Callan writes
I'll sign again!!

Jimmy Redflash Callan writes
And again!!

Why does this only happen when it concerns conservative petitions.

we need a Special Prosecutor to look into it.

I signed the petition. I swear!

Wonder how long before Change.org shuts down the comment section

Doug_M
05-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Lol. Yeah I got that email. Dropped by about 2000 but there is no mechanism to remove your own signature ergo something is fishy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheHydrant
05-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Saw an article today. The show may not be dead just yet. Producers pitching to other networks to pick it up. ABC be damned

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

RangeBob
05-20-2017, 06:54 PM
I hit "Like This" on post #28.
But in the spirit of the last couple of posts, something subsequently happened. :)

WSA
05-20-2017, 07:33 PM
ABC doesn't "own" Last Man Standing, I think Tim Allen and some producers/partners do. Which is good as ABC can't control what they do with it if they drop it. I think LMS owners produce the show, and sell it to ABC. Hopefully another network will pick it up. It's the best sitcom I've seen in years.

wolver
05-20-2017, 07:48 PM
Yeah, it's a great show. Just wish they'd bring back "Al" and "Wilson". If you Google him you can see his hole face.

RangeBob
05-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Yeah, it's a great show. Just wish they'd bring back "Al" and "Wilson". If you Google him you can see his hole face.

There have been several references to Home Improvement in Last Man Standing.
- one of the boys appeared
- the wife appeared, making comments about how her ex-husband's "add more power" burned down the kitchen.
- The guy who played Al, showed up as an architect, asking "I thought you had 3 boys." and other references
- There was an 'over the fence' advice scene.

Coke
05-21-2017, 05:48 PM
There have been several references to Home Improvement in Last Man Standing.
- one of the boys appeared
- the wife appeared, making comments about how her ex-husband's "add more power" burned down the kitchen.
- The guy who played Al, showed up as an architect, asking "I thought you had 3 boys." and other references
- There was an 'over the fence' advice scene.

I must have missed the "AL" episode. I saw all the other ones, and as a dedicated Home Improvement watcher, I laughed at the references. I'm sure the Al episode would have been hilarious...

RangeBob
08-19-2017, 04:01 AM
The fact that Last Man Standing shows that conservatives and liberals can get along and even live together without any type of violence is something we need to keep alive, even if it is just a sitcom.
-- hxxps://www.change.org/p/abc-network-save-tim-allen-s-show-last-man-standing

Relic49
08-19-2017, 05:20 AM
The fact that Last Man Standing shows that conservatives and liberals can get along and even live together without any type of violence is something we need to keep alive, even if it is just a sitcom.
-- hxxps://www.change.org/p/abc-network-save-tim-allen-s-show-last-man-standing

I whole heartily agree with your statement RangeBob.:agree:

kennymo
08-20-2017, 05:27 PM
A work buddy just turned me onto this show. I'm already hoping Netflix picks it up for a couple seasons....also hoping they resurrect Son of Zorn....

RangeBob
09-24-2017, 09:23 AM
ABC announced they are going to replace the cancelled show "Last Man Standing" with a show called "Sanctuary Family" about illegal aliens.
“Sanctuary Family” is one of several of its kind coming this fall that will focus on illegal immigrants. The CW is bringing a one hour dramedy, titled “Illegal,” which centers on the trials and tribulations of a DACA eligible teen who was brought to America illegally by his parents.
https://www.youngcons.com/months-after-canceling-highly-rated-last-man-standing-abc-to-debut-series-centered-around-illegals

Dewey Cox
09-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Wow. They kind of went the opposite direction with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug_M
09-24-2017, 09:45 AM
I saw that and laughed. It will bomb. It is so polarizing that at best only 50% of America are a potential audience.

RangeBob
03-29-2018, 01:55 PM
Last Man Standing Needs A Reboot!

Mar 29, 2018

After the successful premier of the Roseanne reboot a few nights ago, according to TMZ, Fox appears to be intrigued by the idea of bringing Last Man Standing back. No one who is a fan of Last Man Standing is surprised by the potential for success the show still possesses. After all, it was the highest rated comedy in the ABC lineup when it was cancelled and was one of their top rated shows overall. Despite what ABC claims, most of us still think that the show was cancelled for political reasons, and the political landscape of the country now is more favorable to this show, which would likely help its ratings as opposed to hurting them.

If you enjoyed the show and want to see it return, and have not done so yet, please sign this petition and share it with as many people as you can. Let's show Fox that, just like Tim Allen said, there is still plenty of fuel left in the tank for Last Man Standing!

433,310 have signed (going up at a rate of around 1 additional signature per second now)

============

Tim Allen's 'Last Man Standing' Top of FOX's Reboot List

3/29/2018

The reboot bug has bitten FOX hard, and the biggest beneficiary is Tim Allen's recently-canceled show, "Last Man Standing."

Our FOX sources tell us Allen's show -- which was controversially canceled last year -- is now under serious consideration for a reboot. There were rumors the show was canceled because of Allen's personal conservative affiliations -- he compared being a conservative in Hollywood to 1930's Nazi Germany, as well as the conservative character he portrayed on the show.

The irony ... we're told the success of "Roseanne" has intrigued FOX because there appears to be a big Trump-supporting audience out there. FOX produced the show when it aired on ABC, and we're told the talk now is to possibly reboot and put it on FOX.

Our sources say the other show most likely to come back -- in derivative form -- is "How I Met Your Dad" ... which is currently in development.

We're told at the top of the wish list is "Married with Children" ... but it's impossible to reboot because Ed O'Neill and Katey Sagal aren't available.

The other 2 shows FOX is considering ... "That 70's Show" and "Malcolm in the Middle."

hxxp://www.tmz.com/2018/03/29/last-man-standing-tim-allen-reboot-fox-rosanne/

Marcel
03-29-2018, 02:49 PM
I'm watching right now!!

Signed!

TheHydrant
03-29-2018, 04:13 PM
Speaking of Rosanne.....I did not watch it myself although I may check it out. Here's Ben's food for thought.
https://youtu.be/e3R1wNTNnw8

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

LB303
03-29-2018, 08:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTPzTG1Lx60

blacksmithden
03-29-2018, 09:00 PM
Signed.

RangeBob
05-03-2018, 06:59 PM
May 4, 2018

According to multiple sources yesterday and today, Fox is speaking with Tim Allen about reviving the show.

According to the Hollywood Reporter: "Fox is in early talks to revive the multicamera comedy for a seventh season. Allen, sources say, has signed on and has been — with producers 20th Century Fox Television — the driving force of the revival. Discussions are also under way with producers and stars from the former ABC comedy to return."

Tim Allen, who has been relatively silent about the future of the show, at least on Twitter, commented about it earlier today saying:
"They heard all your voices people!! LMS just might be a reality. Keep it up. Who wants more #LastManStanding ?"

This is fantastic news, but it is far from a sure thing. We need to convince the studio it is in their best interest to bring the show back.

Please, share this petition around again. If you have not signed it yet, please do so. Let's get some more signatures on this thing and show 20th Century Fox Television that there are plenty of viewers out here who want the show back!

-- hxxps://www.change.org/p/11261444/u/22708823

RangeBob
05-11-2018, 08:03 PM
I'm watching right now!!

We Did It!

May 11, 2018
California

Well folks, it looks like we did it. According to multiple sources, it is official, Last Man Standing is back for season 7 and will be airing on Fox.

Thank you to everyone who signed, shared, made calls, sent letters or emails, and did what ever it was that you did to try and save this wonderful family show. We did it!

Congratulations to the cast and crew of the show. I'm pretty sure I speak for all the signers of this petition when I say we can't wait to see the Baxter family and all their friends back on the air.

Here is the official Fox Broadcasting webpage for the show: https://www.fox.com/last-man-standing/

RangeBob
05-11-2018, 08:04 PM
11 May 2018

The Tim Allen-starring blue-collar comedy Last Man Standing will be brought back to TV as Fox has picked up the popular series after ABC abruptly canceled it last spring.

“Excited? Team LMS was in the sixth inning, ahead by four runs, stands were packed, and then for no reason, they call off the game. It leaves you sitting in the dugout, holding a bat and puzzled. Now we get the news from Fox that it’s time to get back out on that diamond — hell yes, I’m excited!” Allen said in a statement on Friday.

“Now we get the news from Fox that it’s time to get back out on that diamond — hell yes, I’m excited!” Allen added. “When I heard the offer to create more episodes of Last Man Standing, I did a fist pump so hard I threw my back out. It’s the fans! I could not be more grateful for the fans who wrote petitions and kept up the passion and incredible support for the show. And a fist pump, ouch, for [Fox Television Group CEOs] Dana Walden and Gary Newman at Fox for not only listening to the fans, but for making the bold move to bring Last Man Standing back. I’m sure audiences will be curious to see what we look like after all these years. Oh, has it only been one year? Well, just goes to show you — a lot can happen in a year.”

Original series regular cast members Nancy Travis, Jonathan Adams, Amanda Fuller, Christoph Sanders and Jordan Masterson are all expected to return.

While a air date wasn’t announced, Fox is expected to bring the acclaimed show back with a full 22-episode season slate within a year.

News of a possible Fox pick up emerged last week with Allen taking to Twitter to praise those who raised their voices in protest after the highly-rated comedy wasn’t renewed for a seventh season by ABC.

“They heard all your voices people!! LMS just might be a reality. Keep it up. Who wants more #LastManStanding?” Allen tweeted.

Allen fired off a tweet on Friday thanking Last Man Standing diehards.

“Thanks to all you guys for the support,” he said. “We are back!”

Last Man Standing was ABC’s second-highest-rated comedy behind Modern Family, averaging, in its sixth season, 6.41 million live viewers and was nominated for two Primetime Emmys.

ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey defended her decision to cancel the show, citing business and scheduling conflicts. ABC later said Allen’s conservative political views were not part of the decision.

Allen, however, said ABC wasn’t willing to feature a funny successful show starring a conservative character.

“But there is nothing more dangerous, especially in this climate, than a funny, likable conservative character,” the actor added. “He is mitigated on the show by a family of women who had a difference of opinions, but [Mike Baxter] was a likable guy and a principled guy about work and ethics and all this stuff, I think.”

ABC placed the fantasy drama Once Upon a Time in the Friday time slot that Last Man Standing once dominated. Once Upon a Time was never able to draw nearly as many viewers as its time slot predecessor and will end after seven seasons.

hxxp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/05/11/tim-allens-last-man-standing-revived-fox-year-abc-canceled/

RangeBob
05-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Original series regular cast members Nancy Travis, Jonathan Adams, Amanda Fuller, Christoph Sanders and Jordan Masterson are all expected to return.

The other two biggies would be
- Molly Ephraim (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1454378/)
- Hector Elizondo (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001185/)

https://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc1NzI1MzM3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODAzNTgzMDI@._ V1_.jpg
Amanda Fuller, Molly Ephraim, and Kaitlyn Dever in Last Man Standing (2011)

triq
05-30-2018, 10:29 AM
Any chance Fox picks up roseanne?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Swampdonkey
05-30-2018, 12:21 PM
Any chance Fox picks up roseanne?

Not enough fan base, too much risk as a mouthpiece. Reruns would be a better bet.

lone-wolf
05-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Reruns would be a better bet.

They're only like 5 episodes in.

I watched the old version growing up, I liked the nostalgia of the new one.
Funny that a show featuring a trans kid, a black grand daughter, a mental self help sister, a union worker, and a old lady who can't afford medical help - was killed by pc culture - but I can't blame them much.

Doug_M
05-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Not enough fan base, too much risk as a mouthpiece. Reruns would be a better bet.

Are you kidding? It’s got massive numbers. It’s beating all the other shows in the ratings by a wide margin.

But now one will pick it up as they’d be too afraid of the backlash considering she essentially called a “person of colour” an ape. Though to be fair, the woman in question does have facial features that are similar to the apes in the Mark Walberg version of Planet of the Apes. I mean I clearly see it now that it’s been said. Wasn’t right to say in public. But she’s not wrong nor was it necessarily racist rather than just mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

triq
05-30-2018, 01:46 PM
Actually found this.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-roseanne-finale-dips-but-dominates-abc-1114311

Summary:

Roseanne's meteoric return to TV wrapped its first season Tuesday night, again dominating the rest of the dial for ABC.

The ninth and final episode of the series' 10th season averaged a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 10.3 million viewers, in line with how it had performed with night-of viewers in recent weeks —*if off a shade for a season low. And while that score in the key demo was enough for it to emerge as the top program of the night, NBC took an overall win with the finale of*The Voice.

Roseanne*has been averaging a 5.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 19.3 million viewers with live-plus-three day lifts. With a full week of time-shifting, those numbers climb to a 6.4 rating in the key demo and 22.1 million viewers. Either way, Roseanne is the highest-rated and most-watched series of the broadcast season, eclipsing NBC's*This Is Us*and CBS'*Big Bang Theory*—*which had been in a heated battle for top status.

ESnel
07-02-2018, 06:21 AM
from- https://www.westernjournal.com/tim-allen-excites-fans-official-return-date-last-man-standing/

Comedian Tim Allen’s latest sitcom has been revived after it was canceled by ABC last year despite consistently high ratings.

He was excited to share the news in a tweet this week, and many loyal “Last Man Standing” fans celebrated with him.

“Mark your calendar for Sep. 28th!” he tweeted.

wolver
07-02-2018, 07:57 AM
from- https://www.westernjournal.com/tim-allen-excites-fans-official-return-date-last-man-standing/

Comedian Tim Allen’s latest sitcom has been revived after it was canceled by ABC last year despite consistently high ratings.

He was excited to share the news in a tweet this week, and many loyal “Last Man Standing” fans celebrated with him.

“Mark your calendar for Sep. 28th!” he tweeted.

I think Tim like to pizz off the liberals. But don't we all?

FALover
07-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Time to set the PVR! I watch the reruns as they never get old.

RangeBob
07-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Time to set the PVR! I watch the reruns as they never get old.

They filmed 6 seasons, but only 4 of them made it to DVD. The PVR is the only way to see the last 2.

Marcel
07-02-2018, 06:03 PM
I often tell my wife that "Outdoor Man" is the only store I'D PAY to work there!

"Hi Boss, I worked 60 hours this week, how much do I owe you?"

LOL!!

Marcel
07-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Yeah, actually my wife started me on it too, on Netflix; not bad:). I like that he works in an outdoor store, and I love the wall behind his boss.

I like the lighted pistol case/countertop and the way "Mike" slams Billary and Bammy and all the other demidiots!

Suputin
08-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Netflix has all 6 seasons of LMS.

RangeBob
08-29-2018, 01:50 AM
Molly Ephraim (Mandy Baxter) is not available for the reboot due to a contract with another network, so the role will be recast with "another actress, or an actor because we're gender neutral. We're very politically correct." ( http://y2u.be/bCQrEswi6Tc -- don't watch )

New episode Sept 28, on FOX.

RangeBob
09-23-2018, 04:03 AM
Friday Sept 28, 8pm, on Fox. I just set my DVR.

Turtlehead
09-23-2018, 10:23 AM
with all the other crap abc has been peddling, i'm surprised this show lasted as long as it did with them

RangeBob
09-23-2018, 02:15 PM
My expectations are low.
- new writers, possibly few righters
- Molly Ephraim gone
- the last couple seasons weren't that great, and they've had a hiatus.

Scotlas
04-19-2019, 09:12 PM
Just found it on fox. Episode 20 of 21 for this season. Missed that. F*ck.

Doug_M
04-20-2019, 05:32 AM
Just found it on fox. Episode 20 of 21 for this season. Missed that. F*ck.

The older seasons were on Netflix. Maybe they'll get this season too.

EDIT: While it was good to have it back, it isn't the same. Ephram's replacement isn't good and they brought in a "Rudy".

lone-wolf
04-20-2019, 09:02 AM
There isn't much on regular tv for sitcoms anymore, I can't even name one to compare it to.
It's the only one I have set to record on the pvr. But that's not saying much.

I got used to the older daughter's replacement after the first season, I hope this grows on me again.

FALover
04-20-2019, 09:06 AM
I miss the original Mandy. Her naivete and blissful ignorance made for an interesting character. The 'new' Mandy comes across as a someone playing a dummy and quite poorly as well.

Scotlas
04-20-2019, 11:15 AM
I miss the original Mandy. Her naivete and blissful ignorance made for an interesting character. The 'new' Mandy comes across as a someone playing a dummy and quite poorly as well.

Original mandy was charmingly dumb. I like to think she's smart IRL and a great actress.

Will hope to catch the rest on Netflix some time.

Waterloomike
04-20-2019, 02:38 PM
Mandy was a special talent and very easy on the eyes.

I still like it, but it was better before.

Scotlas
04-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Mandy was a special talent and very easy on the eyes.

I still like it, but it was better before.

My eyes like her too :p