PDA

View Full Version : Remington Arms Announces Voluntary Product Recall

Wendell
04-12-2014, 07:32 PM
MADISON, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) today announced a voluntary recall of Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles with X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) triggers, manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014. Senior Remington engineers determined that some Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with XMP triggers could, under certain circumstances, unintentionally discharge. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, THESE PRODUCTS ARE BEING RECALLED. Remington’s investigation determined that some XMP triggers might have excess bonding agent used in the assembly process, which could cause an unintentional discharge. Therefore, Remington is recalling ALL affected products to fully inspect and clean the XMP triggers with a specialized process. Remington has advised customers to immediately cease use of recalled rifles and return them to Remington free of charge. The rifles will be inspected, specialty cleaned, tested, and returned as soon as possible. Do not attempt to diagnose or repair recalled rifles. Remington established a dedicated website and toll-free hotline to help consumers determine whether their Model 700 or Model Seven rifle(s) are subject to recall: Website: http://xmprecall.remington.com; Toll-Free Hotline: 1-800-243-9700 (Prompt #3 then Prompt #1) Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT. The website and hotline provide guidance on returning recalled rifles free of charge.
<http://www.businesswire.com/news/financialpost/20140411005848/en/Remington-Arms-Announces-Voluntary-Product-Recall>

Rusty Shackleford
04-13-2014, 08:34 AM
I saw a Dateline about a mother shooting and killing her son because when the safety is put on the gun will fire. Finally a formal acknowledgement.

BrotherRockeye
04-13-2014, 10:02 AM
A safety doesn't excuse muzzle control.

I have never used the safety on any rifle I own.

There are so many better options than to rely on a safety.

that said,
I call BS.
"excess bonding agent" my arse. it's a lame excuse to cover another one of their design flaws or such, and is why they want them all returned and "Do not attempt to diagnose or repair recalled rifles."

762shooter
07-27-2017, 06:06 PM
I've heard that the recall in Canada through Gravel Agency is working well so I contacted them by email and initiated a warranty claim. They confirmed by return email tha my rifle was covered, explained the process and mailed out a box to send the rifle in with a prepaid shipping label included. When I goe the box I procratinated a few days before sending the rifle. I got it back this week, almost exactly four weeks from first contact. I think that's pretty good!

The new trigger is crisp, no creep and is set at four pounds. I'd like to bring it down to 3pounds or so but don't want to mess with the clean let off.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the process.