PDA

View Full Version : Stripper Clips?

Candychikita
04-15-2014, 02:51 PM
I've had a heck of a time sourcing SKS ammo. I keep finding the stuff that isn't already loaded on stripper clips - I ended up just buying a case without the clips.

Has this practice been discontinued or something? I like the stripper clips...where can I source some?

Thanks

RobSmith
04-15-2014, 03:49 PM
The stuff on stripper clips was the Czech ammo that has largely dried up. The practice of loading 7.62x39 ammo on stripper clips was limited to them AFAIK because the VZ58 is designed to use them. Since the clips can't be used to load AK mags (And that's what most of the combloc would have commonly used) it made no sense for them to go thru the extra expense and trouble of loading them on clips that they can't use anyway.

Strewth
04-15-2014, 03:57 PM
I'll trade you empty clips for Mason jars.......
I think Canadammo has some Czech? I'll czech my list when I get home.

Specter Arms
04-15-2014, 04:08 PM
I will have a bunch of them in Kamloops (KTSA show) at the beginning of may.

lone-wolf
04-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Budget shooter supply still has some czech I think. I don't buy surplus 7.62soviet unless it's czech on stripper clips.

SKS rifles also used stripper clips like the vz58.
You can use strippers clips and a charger to load ak47 magazines like you would with ar15 mags.
Not sure if that was common practice though, must not have been.

Satain
04-15-2014, 09:45 PM
I've had a heck of a time sourcing SKS ammo. I keep finding the stuff that isn't already loaded on stripper clips - I ended up just buying a case without the clips.

Has this practice been discontinued or something? I like the stripper clips...where can I source some?

Thanks
I will trade for taco's!!!
Seriously though call me as I got a bunch ;)

Candychikita
04-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Cool. This is good to know. I was under the impression the surplus ammo I was buying was from Ukraine...the case I just bought is Ukrainian but I'm happy to buy Ukrainian products at this point in time anyways. I had taken it for granted that it always comes on the clips :( :(

Strewth, I'm keeping my jars. Gram's on board for canning this year in exchange for being in on a perogy party in the fall heh. (Little does she know newbies are on peeling duty heh. It's a battle to be a perogy pincher) Satain, you're on.

Tex Critter
04-26-2014, 06:50 PM
I had a bunch of stripper clips, but my wife made me delete them...

A corrupted individual
04-26-2014, 07:54 PM
I had a bunch of stripper clips, but my wife made me delete them...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LMAO

lanaire
04-26-2014, 08:38 PM
I can send you a bunch

Mister cut his down, so he could have some pre-loaded at the fives.... worked pretty slick!