PDA

View Full Version : Glock 41 in Canada

bettercallsaul
04-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Hey guys,

Some of you may know about the Glock 41. It's a full size 45 ACP pistol in the same category as the G34 & G35. It's only been out a few months, but has anyone seen one in Canada yet?

Sabio
05-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Calgary shooting center says they have some in stock. Pricing most likely will not be favorable.

It's about $50 more USD. So that would make it a $950+ pistol here. ouch.

Petamocto
05-06-2014, 06:54 PM
I thought about buying a 34/35 for the extra accuracy and better trigger, but I just couldn't get over that extra inch ruining the look of the pistol; it screws up the whole proportion of the look.

To me it's like looking at a Porsche 911 and thinking "This is a beautifully proportioned sports car" and then seeing the 4-door Panamera, and thinking "This now looks goofy in comparison".

I think it's because the lower doesn't go all the way to the front, so it loses the block shape. The extra inch could have been fine if they had kept the square shape for the entire length, but IMO it is their effort to sort of slope it up that kills the mojo.

bettercallsaul
05-06-2014, 09:23 PM
I thought about buying a 34/35 for the extra accuracy and better trigger, but I just couldn't get over that extra inch ruining the look of the pistol; it screws up the whole proportion of the look.

To me it's like looking at a Porsche 911 and thinking "This is a beautifully proportioned sports car" and then seeing the 4-door Panamera, and thinking "This now looks goofy in comparison".

I think it's because the lower doesn't go all the way to the front, so it loses the block shape. The extra inch could have been fine if they had kept the square shape for the entire length, but IMO it is their effort to sort of slope it up that kills the mojo.

I don't mind how the long slide Glocks look, but I just don't think the extra $150 to $200 is worth paying for the extra inch of sight radius unless you shoot competitively. The velocity increase would be negligible.

I think if I were to get a Glock, it would be a 3rd Gen G17. I don't like the huge mag release or the grip stippling on the 4th Gen Glocks.

My fascination with 45 acp might be over.

harbl_the_cat
05-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Does it have a slim frame/mag well?

I had a Glock 21 before and it felt like I was holding a coke can every time I shot it.

I don't have small hands, but it felt big.

I sold it.

bettercallsaul
05-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Does it have a slim frame/mag well?

I had a Glock 21 before and it felt like I was holding a coke can every time I shot it.

I don't have small hands, but it felt big.

I sold it.

I watched the Hickok45 video for the Glock 41, it does indeed have the thin slide. Same thickness as the Glock 34/35. He compared it to the Glock 21 and wow, big difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95YAUBUK4rA

sw586
05-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Hey guys,

Some of you may know about the Glock 41. It's a full size 45 ACP pistol in the same category as the G34 & G35. It's only been out a few months, but has anyone seen one in Canada yet?

I own one, I believe it to be first one sold in Canada. I pre-ordered with The Shooting Center in Calgary the day it was announced at Shot Show. A big kudos to those guys for getting the pistol in stock for me!

When the pistol finally landed I was quick to give them my money.

I'm unsure what the policy is about posting links or prices in the forums... Needless to say, and as others have noted... you pay quite the premium for what is essentially a $650 USD pistol.

The G41 is 3oz lighter than the G21. It does not operate any differently from any G21 I've used (recoil characteristics). I can't say I would recommend one over the other... They feel pretty much identical if you don't own either, and the difference will come down to which you end up using more.

Fully loaded with a 10 round magazine the pistol is ~1.00KG. The main benefit for the G41 is the longer sight radius (as noted above).

Frame: Same part as G21 gen4
Recoil assembly: Same part as G21 gen4
Barrel: Same weight and twist. The G41 barrel is obviously longer, but it has thinner walls than the G21 barrel.
Slide: 3oz. lighter. Narrow slide similar to G34/35 with some extra material removed in the slide. It does not have the top cut out that the 34/35 have

There are a few different OEM versions of the G41 floating around in USA and on Youtube.

Standard Glock sights /w 5.5 lbs connector
Adjustable sights /w 4.5 lbs connector

CSC received the version with Adjustable sights, and 4.5 lbs connector. I don't know what the other vendors in Canada received.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this pistol, and it's now my primary range firearm.

Westicle
05-19-2014, 11:24 PM
does it fit in a g34/35 holster ??

sw586
05-20-2014, 07:38 AM
does it fit in a g34/35 holster ??

Yes sir,

I use a Fobus GL2E2 (Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 34, 35 Belt Holster). Fit is nice and snug, pistol doesn't rattle or have play on any axis.

harbl_the_cat
05-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the board SW586.

Don't call me "sir," I'm not an officer any more :P

I had a lot of fun shooting your G41 over the weekend... so much so, I think I might eventually end up picking one now that I've cleared out a lot of space in my locker.

I knew it felt slim, but didn't realize it's the same width and fits a G17/G22 holster.

Especially looking at that Hickok video it's a HUGE difference between a G21 and G41.

Hmm... $950... have to think about that one... although my G26 and G19 were about that price.

sw586
05-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the board SW586.

Don't call me "sir," I'm not an officer any more :P

Yes sir, sorry sir...

Let me know next time you head out so I can make more ammunition.

Sabio
05-20-2014, 07:03 PM
The G41 is still a coke can. It has the same frame as the G21. Only the slide is a little thinner.

What we need is someone to bring in the G30S. The sub compact SF frame with the Thin Slide.

I shoot a G30SF now. It is almost perfect. It would be with a thin slide.