PDA

View Full Version : June Rifle and Vortex Giveaway From Gun Owners of Canada

jwirecom109
05-31-2014, 10:53 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/522211_265622093529336_1836604189_n.jpg

Gun Owners of Canada Presents Our 2014 JUNE Giveaway

JUNE Giveaway

1 Entry, 2 Great Prizes to win!

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10373651_10152160325080197_3632570092992038627_n.j pg

Savage Axis XP in 243 was procured from http://rougeriverarms.com/.

http://www.rougeriverarms.com/includes/templates/custom_v1/images/logo.gif

Series: Axis
AccuTrigger:No
AccuStock:No
Magazine: Detachable box
Stock material: Synthetic
Barrel material: Carbon Steel
Stock finish: Matte
Barrel finish: Matte
Stock color: Black
Barrel color: Black
Sights: Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
Features: Matte Blued 3-9x40 Scope, Mounted and Bore Sighted
Cambered: 243 WIN
Sku:19230
Handed:Right
Rate of Twist:9.25
Weight:6.5 lbs
Overall Length:43.875"
Barrel Length:22"
Ammo Capacity:4 round(s)

http://images2.opticsplanet.com/365-240-ffffff/opplanet-vortex-crossfire-ii-10x42-roof-prism-binocular-green-cf2-4221.jpg

CrossFire 10x42 Binocular was procured from www.theammosource.com/

http://www.gunauction.ca/uplimg/img__5885a26d397a0e90d2604952afec7de6.gif

CROSSFIRE 10X42 ROOF PRISM BINOCULAR
Step into the world of optics and let Vortex pleasantly surprise you with features you won't find on similarly-priced, full-sized 10x42 binoculars. That's right. The fully multi-coated optics of the Crossfire binocular deliver performance that most assume is only available in binoculars costing twice as much.

VIP Warranty
Nitrogen Purged Waterproof
Magnification 10 x
Objective Lens Diameter 42 mm
Eye Relief 16 mm
Exit Pupil 4.2 mm
Linear Field of View 315 feet/1000 yards
Angular Field of View 6 degrees
Close Focus 6 feet
Interpupillary Distance 59-75 mm
Height 5.8 inches
Width 5 inches
Weight 21.6 ounces

To Win, go to http://rougeriverarms.com/ and tell us about Shockwave Exploding Target 1lbs, the legal part, why is it legal to have fun with this?<- THIS IS MANDATORY Your entry is void otherwise

To Win, go to http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_5_594&products_id=3386 and tell us which tube the shotgun is fed from<- THIS IS MANDATORY Your entry is void otherwise

Full disclosure: Moderators will be allowed to enter this contest, If they do Gun Owners of Canada will have a 3rd party draw the winning entry.

The Rules

1. No purchase necessary

1.1 Eligibility: Gun Owners of Canada Giveways is open to all legal residents of Canada who are; the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry, are a member in good standing of Gun Owners of Canada.

1.2 Contest Period: The first draw will open June 1, 2014 at 6:00 am MST time and will commence until June 30, 2013 9:00 pm MST.

1.3 Contest Entry: GOC members will fill out an entry forum found inside each thread for each particular draw via a link, upon completion and submission of the entry form, eligible GOC members will be entered into each draw once, for one (1) chance to win. Members will repeat this process for each draw.

1.4 Contest Entry Restrictions: Members are restricted to one (1) entry per draw or one (1) entry per household PER DRAW. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will track entries via IP addresses, if more then one entry per draw comes from the same IP address, both member(s) and their entries will be disqualified from the entire contest. As stated in the Gun Owners of Canada Inc. site rules policy, one account per user, no duplicate accounts can be used to submit more entries. Again, one entry per member, per household, per draw.

1.5 Awarding of Prize: The Prize will be awarded to a GOC member via a random number draw. We will contact the winner via PM and/or email to arrange details so that the winning member can claim his/her prize. See section 4 (Winners Selection) for more details.

1.6 Employees of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. This does not include moderators for this giveaway, all moderators may enter and if any moderator does enter a 3rd party will be drawing that month's giveaway

General Rules and Policy

2. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, "authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.

2.1 Each Prize claim is subject to verification by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. and/or its designated representatives. Entries made with multiple IP addresses, under multiple identities, or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries during the Contest period are automatically void. All Contest entries obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules are automatically void. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will be the sole and final reference source in validating a Prize claim.

2.2 By participating, each member and selected winner agrees: (a) to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Gun Owners of Canada Inc., (b) to release and hold harmless Gun Owners of Canada Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent dealers, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for claims/damages including, but not limited to, claims/damages for personal injury, for property damage with respect to acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize or participation in the Contest; (c) to permit Gun Owners of Canada Inc. to use his/her user name, city and province, for advertising or publicity purposes without any additional compensation and (d) the winner agrees to sign a Declaration and Release Form to this effect.

2.3 The decisions of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. in relation to this Contest will be final and binding on all entrants.

2.4 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the Contest.

2.5 Under no circumstances will Gun Owners of Canada Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent dealers, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.

2.6 The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and local laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Gun Owners of Canada Inc. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforce-ability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and Gun Owners of Canada Inc. in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.

2.7 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will use the entrant's Personal Information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant's Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Privacy Policy at: http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/faq.php?faq=terms#faq_pol . The personal information provided to enter the Contest will be used only to administer the Contest, and for no other reason.

2.8 All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.

2.9 FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

The Prizes

3. Prizes as listed by month.

3.1 Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.

3.2 Prizes will be distributed within six (6) weeks after each Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.

3.3 Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, or substituted, or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. Gun Owners of Canada Inc reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.

3.4 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. shall not assume any liability for any lost or misdirected Prizes.

3.5 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. shall not assume any liability for warranty.

Winner Selection

4. Two (2) winner per Draw shall be selected as follows:

4.1 Each draw will be done at the end of each month, 1st drawn winner will get his pick, additional winners will then do the same and so on untill no prizes remain. Please see details of the contest for what prize is currently being offered. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a per-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).

4.2 EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PM OR E-MAIL NO LATER THAN 48 HOURS AFTER THE DRAW AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by email or PM to the email address or contact number provided in the notification, and the selected entrant's response must be received by Gun Owners of Canada Inc. within two (2) business days of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected at Gun Owners of Canada Inc. sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. Gun Owners of Canada Inc. are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Gun Owners of Canada Inc. to receive a selected entrant's response.

4.3 If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the entire Contest's closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.

Good Luck to all Gun Owners of Canada Members!

Angel 45
05-31-2014, 11:09 PM
Awesome:bananna:

VancouverSkiBum
05-31-2014, 11:13 PM
Another amazing giveaway from GOC! Well done. :bananna:

Am I the only one having trouble finding anything about Shockwave targets on **** site?

***edit - fixed now, entered! Thanks!

jwirecom109
05-31-2014, 11:16 PM
Crap ok that needed to be fixed sorry all, some bugs in the system.
Fixed now http://rougeriverarms.com/

Rory McCanuck
05-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Another amazing giveaway from GOC! Well done. :bananna:

Am I the only one having trouble finding anything about Shockwave targets on **** site?

***edit - fixed now, entered! Thanks!
Nope, and I've gone through about all of it.
***Found the right site...

sagebiel
05-31-2014, 11:52 PM
Cant wait to put a new gun in my gun cabinet!

x0ra
06-01-2014, 12:20 AM
He... thanks to ask for so much private informations, it was almost as thorough as a Government form.

cormiermc
06-01-2014, 04:33 AM
awesome, thanks for the great contest, sorry guy's the rifle is mine

jwirecom109
06-01-2014, 06:57 AM
He... thanks to ask for so much private informations, it was almost as thorough as a Government form.

This again? Guys we have given away 8 guns in the past, if you don't like it don't enter.
Read our privacy policy, and understand we are not giving away candy bars here.

Drache
06-01-2014, 07:12 AM
I don't see any problem with the form. Name, Address, Phone number, and asks if you have a PAL. Where is the problem?

stevesummit
06-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Well this is another great give away !!! But we really need to address rule 1.6 !!!!!!!!

chickengeorge
06-01-2014, 08:03 AM
Thanks for all the great giveaways. This site is in a class of its own.

speedloader
06-01-2014, 08:10 AM
done thanks!

lone-wolf
06-01-2014, 08:35 AM
You betcha I entered

DOA
06-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Entered for another fantastic giveaway! I'm always torn between sharing this awesome site and keeping it secret to increase my odds..... oh, right, there's a Drive to 12,000 Members draw! Sharing some more!

x0ra
06-01-2014, 12:10 PM
This again? Guys we have given away 8 guns in the past, if you don't like it don't enter.
Read our privacy policy, and understand we are not giving away candy bars here.

Some present "GOC dealer" used to do giveaway on some "other forum" and was not asking private information for entering the contest. Policies are just policies, and like any database it can be used on a different purpose than the intended one...

If this comment is recurring, maybe you should act upon for it not to occur again.

x0ra
06-01-2014, 12:12 PM
I don't see any problem with the form. Name, Address, Phone number, and asks if you have a PAL. Where is the problem?
I don't want to link my nick to my legal information outside of a need to know basis, ie. if I win, I will give them, if I buy something on the marketplace, I will give them, but not prior. I know how the Internet never forget.

lone-wolf
06-01-2014, 12:13 PM
If this comment is recurring, maybe you should act upon for it not to occur again.

If you really care, you could have the government step in and force them to comply to how you want things.

VancouverSkiBum
06-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Looks like we have a debbie downer! Thanks again goc.

x0ra
06-01-2014, 03:06 PM
If you really care, you could have the government step in and force them to comply to how you want things.
I am merely expressing an opinion, you are the one making a fuss about it. Just you would be the same to start a new thread about how unacceptable it is for store X or Y to take your PAL info in a register, and how it constitutes a backdoor registry, etc. However somehow here, on GOC, because they are giving away stuff, it's acceptable.

If GOC get compromised, and the database get loose, it will be pricey for thieves to have nominative information about PAL owners ! [and btw, criminals gives as much frack about Privacy Policies than other criminals do about "gun free zone".]

edit: there seem to be an awful lot of exploit in vBulletin v4.2.0 (SQL injection, XSS, ...). I wonder to which extend GOC admins are up to date with regards to upstream patches...

Tbolt
06-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Done.

jwirecom109
06-01-2014, 05:17 PM
I am merely expressing an opinion, you are the one making a fuss about it. Just you would be the same to start a new thread about how unacceptable it is for store X or Y to take your PAL info in a register, and how it constitutes a backdoor registry, etc. However somehow here, on GOC, because they are giving away stuff, it's acceptable.

If GOC get compromised, and the database get loose, it will be pricey for thieves to have nominative information about PAL owners ! [and btw, criminals gives as much frack about Privacy Policies than other criminals do about "gun free zone".]

edit: there seem to be an awful lot of exploit in vBulletin v4.2.0 (SQL injection, XSS, ...). I wonder to which extend GOC admins are up to date with regards to upstream patches...

I'll tell you the Same thing I told the guy that asked for only an Email to enter and the other guy that asked to enter without a PAL, and got mad when i said no.

AS PER THE RULES:

2.7 Gun Owners of Canada Inc. will use the entrant's Personal Information only for identified purposes, and protect the entrant's Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Gun Owners of Canada Inc. Privacy Policy at: http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/faq....=terms#faq_pol . The personal information provided to enter the Contest will be used only to administer the Contest, and for no other reason.

We will not Disclose the method of protect, All you need to know is that it is secure.

And if thats not good enough, then I have two pieces of Advice.

1. Don't Enter, if your worried about your personal information, but if you have an email or online account anywhere you already have. And be more worried about protect of your wallet then your online information, with a share phone I can get everything including your sin number in less then 1 second. I don't force you to Enter into a FREE firearm giveaway at MY Cost.

2. Start your own contest, Pay for the product yourself, and create your own rules for entering. Make sure they are within the Law and have fun. I don't have to spend a budgeted amount a year on contests, I could instead just pocket the money. I would be alot richer and would not have to deal with the headache of hearing people that think I owe them something even though they get free use of the site and free entries into the contests.

jwirecom109
06-01-2014, 05:19 PM

And that would be the last of any contests we ever had, kinda like what happen to prophet river with their ruger giveaway.

If you want to start attacking people that and looking to give back then well that will stop.

And what we are doing is Completely Legal, and would not be asked to be changed by the government.

x0ra
06-01-2014, 06:15 PM
... other guy that asked to enter without a PAL...
Technically, you don't need a PAL for a set of binos :-)

AbbieOakley
06-01-2014, 07:34 PM
That rifle would really make me smile, some long range 2L plinking is a great addition to a day of shooting. Entered. Thanks for the chance to win some great products!:)

6MT
06-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Entered!

zulu
06-02-2014, 12:12 AM
Technically, you don't need a PAL for a set of binos :-)

Maybe any of your issues could have been voiced and aswered in PMs.

thanks GOC, i wasnt expecting a gun give away with the tavor already being offered.

jwirecom109
06-02-2014, 06:19 AM
Maybe any of your issues could have been voiced and aswered in PMs.

thanks GOC, i wasnt expecting a gun give away with the tavor already being offered.

I might have one more in the safe too for sometime later this year ;) who knows

Spectre
06-02-2014, 03:39 PM
In as well. Wicked give-a-ways as usual, thanks!

FlareKing
06-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Entered! One of these months I am gonna win. It will be a glorious day!

Keep up the great work on the forum guys, I don't think you get the credit you deserve for the hours that go into something like this. Coming from a guy who tried to start a forum. Thank you!

grady450
06-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Got my entry in, good luck everyone

Marcel
06-13-2014, 02:21 AM
Coooool!

jack of all trades
06-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Thanks GOC for another awesome giveaway! In for the chance for a deer rifle for my wife, and binos for my tired eyes.

7Six2
06-18-2014, 07:49 PM
the savage looks awesome. Ive been eye these up as of late!

Bracketman
06-21-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm in. Looking forward to this website as I've been told it is more civil than "the other one".

CLW .45
06-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Great giveaway.

As I don't need either (don't expect to hear that very much) I'll leave this draw to others.

Good luck all!

cormiermc
06-30-2014, 04:57 PM
can't wait to have it................................................ ..........just joking, good luck to all

jwirecom109
06-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Winners are in and Contacted.

I'll wait for their response before releasing names

Drache
06-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Aw well obviously I didn't win :p

jwirecom109
06-30-2014, 09:44 PM
some of you guys must be sleep on the computers.

2nd Prize of the Vortex binoculars is Jack of All Trades

VancouverSkiBum
07-01-2014, 12:34 AM
aww shucks. swing and a miss here! Congrats to the winners :red:

awndray
07-01-2014, 04:01 AM
This place is awesome! :D

Tbolt
07-01-2014, 06:34 AM
The email to me must have gotten lost. :)

zulu
07-01-2014, 06:46 AM
Check your emails!

jwirecom109
07-01-2014, 07:29 AM
First place confirmed : congrats to awndray

awndray
07-01-2014, 08:25 AM
:D Happy Canada Day! :D

Facepalm
07-01-2014, 08:56 AM
congrats to Awndray!!!!!!!

Tbolt
07-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Dang it checked the spam folder trash folder and nada :( so I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones.
In any case Congrats to awndray and the other winners.

jack of all trades
07-01-2014, 09:51 AM
AWESOME!! needed the binos more than the rifle. my eyes are getting old. thanks admins of GOC. it's great that you take the time to do these draws. we all appreciate the chance for new goodies.

firearms_eh
07-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks for a great giveaway GOC and congrats to the winners.

Happy Canada Day!

Angel 45
07-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Congrats to Awndray. Happy Canada Day to all.

awndray
07-01-2014, 05:14 PM
This place is awesome! :D

Seriously though. This was an awesome day. I woke up to an email saying a won a rifle. Then I went to work on the Hill, and you certainly can't beat the sound and feeling of a CF-18 flyby. (Sorry, I don't have a picture of that. It was too fast.)

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10462860_10203429117302682_3774618072772687724_n.j pg

:D Happy Canada Day! :D

lone-wolf
07-01-2014, 05:19 PM
You're a regular member on here, you deserve it

chickengeorge
07-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Congrats

skyllz
07-02-2014, 05:39 AM
Gratz awndray!

superbrad
07-02-2014, 07:05 AM
Attaboy!

awndray
07-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Tonight, GOC friends, I bring to you the unboxing of a GOC Giveaway!

Nice wrap job. jwire, did you have a furry friend help you with this? :p

http://i57.tinypic.com/4rpxn8.jpg http://i61.tinypic.com/112egbn.jpg

Oooh, the wrap job is even better now!

http://i62.tinypic.com/168s8bp.jpg http://i62.tinypic.com/v63p7m.jpg

Ooooh...

http://i61.tinypic.com/2vttb1u.jpg

...and there she is. :D

http://i57.tinypic.com/33ct46s.jpg

jwirecom109
07-17-2014, 08:23 PM
That wrapping paper was just for you

Strewth
07-18-2014, 10:29 AM
That wrapping paper was just for you

lol. Fun wrapping paper is fun:)!

I don't think I added my congratulations awndray; congrats! Nice rifle:). Range report!

jwirecom109
07-18-2014, 10:56 AM
anyone else would get brown boring paper Awndray gets that, and if i had My little pony wrapping paper i would have wrapped it in layers on layers lol

awndray
07-19-2014, 09:46 PM
lol! dique :p