PDA

View Full Version : Rod on CBC tonight???

CivilAdvantage
06-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Just did an interview with CBC, I'm told it will be on the National tonight at 7PST. Hoping to get the right message out!!!

stevesummit
06-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Will have to check it out for sure !!

jwirecom109
06-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Post a link

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

bettercallsaul
06-05-2014, 05:43 PM
We couldn't have a better spokesperson, Rod.

Malus
06-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks, I'll be watching...

FlareKing
06-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Hoping for a link!

Ms359
06-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Looks like all they used your interview for was to is the guns

Malus
06-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Editing sure took care of that interview.....

Ms359
06-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks for trying

jwirecom109
06-05-2014, 08:50 PM
you gotta remember they use what the can for their goals not ours.

Rod Did well its a shame they do what they do

Ms359
06-05-2014, 08:54 PM

Yup I wasn't expecting much out of the cbc. As soon as they disconnected wit rod they probably looked at each other and said "holy shit that's way too much common sense out of that guy, we can't put that on the air ".

Prairie Dog
06-05-2014, 10:23 PM

Yup, you got CBC'd. Thanks for trying.

The Joe-Man
06-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Rod did really well with the little that was aired. Making sure to point out that the M305 is used for hunting and the shotgun was used by trap and sportshooters. He didn't let them define what the guns were. It's a shame they didn't air more of the interview but not unexpected.

CivilAdvantage
06-06-2014, 12:26 AM
10 minute interview down to 12 seconds. No matter, I tried. Maybe I'll get a call another time. We make our own publicity 1 new shooter at a time. Thanks for the kind words!!!

Malus
06-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Rod did really well with the little that was aired. Making sure to point out that the M305 is used for hunting and the shotgun was used by trap and sportshooters. He didn't let them define what the guns were. It's a shame they didn't air more of the interview but not unexpected.

I noticed that too. Thank god Rod injected the sporting aspect right off the bat as not to wrongly define what the guns are used (purpose) for instead of media making up their own definitions. I did notice that the media was careful to call the guns "rifles" instead of the standard "assault" or "military" or "automatic". That was left up to unknowing MPs and citizens that don't have a clue. Media is being careful on this one, waiting to see how the whole scenario plays out or either taking the neutral stance for future debates without being called biased. We'll see I guess.....

Gunexpert007
06-06-2014, 08:41 AM
10 minute interview down to 12 seconds. No matter, I tried. Maybe I'll get a call another time. We make our own publicity 1 new shooter at a time. Thanks for the kind words!!!

I watched your interview.....a job well done . It was short , but it was replayed several times throughout the news cycle.....hopefully the anti-gun folks were watching and paying attention as there is so much misinformation out there concerning those firearms . There was even one politican from Quebec referring to the rifle as a prohib machine gun.....

CivilAdvantage
06-06-2014, 10:30 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV%20Shows/The%20National/Canada/ID/2462585741/

Here it is.... Not much but it's something....

awndray
06-06-2014, 10:37 AM
I saw the 10 second bit last night. Well done. It's a shame that's all they showed.

Of course, they put more focus on the gun and only used the last few seconds to ask the question of whether anything can be done to stop someone from using a gun in such a way.

Doug_M
06-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Something they touched on that I think is more important than what the gunman had is what the police had. Why doesn't every cruiser on every police force have a patrol rifle in the trunk? Policeman deserve to be properly equipped. What budget cutting politician is responsible for these officers not being able to properly defend themselves?

awndray
06-06-2014, 11:23 AM
While that is a good point, let's not forget the thread about police not qualifying with their sidearm (http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?14075-Wow-Cops-not-requalifying-but-still-pack). Equip them, but don't forget to train them. One police officer cannot be expected to perform the duties of every role involved in police force.

Satain
06-06-2014, 03:18 PM
First of all there body armor is only meant for stab's and low rounds. I would hate to see what they would think if they had to carry around level 4 plates all day. Then even with that the kinetic energy of a 12g slug could still stop a mans heart even with this armour on. Further more a man with an semi-auto 308 can keep any 223 man at bay as the effective ranges are greatly different, that plus being properly trained or having lots of practice with said platform would make him a formidable foe. If you think about it most "beat" cops spend most of there time either doing paper work or out living there lives & only qualify once a year then never touch there side arm again so training them on a rifle or shotgun platform would be pointless as we all know that this is a perishable knowledge. The best thing that could have been achieved in my personal point of view was to stand off from the perp tell the ERT teams could reach the seen. Instead of racing in lights flashing as the perp was not targeting any innocent civi's. Then with over whelming force try to take him down but still with what he had it was a 50/50 best result that no one would perish never mind get injured. When someone is in this state of mind the only way to stop them is with force not matter what the perp is using to harm people. Whether it's a box cutter or any thing else.
My thoughts and pray's go out to the family's who have lost someone or has been injured in this mental health travesty.

stevesummit
06-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Oh wait an armed civilian might have had a chance to pop the guy since there is video of him from close range ! But that's a story for another day as it saddens the firearms community as a whole that this took place !

CivilAdvantage
06-07-2014, 09:04 PM
There are still many missing pieces to this day. I'm waiting to understand how the 24 year old could stroll through 5 officers and not be impacted by one round. I'm staying tuned.

Gunexpert007
06-07-2014, 09:26 PM
There are still many missing pieces to this day. I'm waiting to understand how the 24 year old could stroll through 5 officers and not be impacted by one round. I'm staying tuned.

Very true....it is a bit of a mystery at the moment , maybe the trial will shed some light on what happened......

Wendell
06-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Something they touched on that I think is more important than what the gunman had is what the police had. Why doesn't every cruiser on every police force have a patrol rifle in the trunk? Policeman deserve to be properly equipped. What budget cutting politician is responsible for these officers not being able to properly defend themselves?

Whether between the seats or overhead, a rifle should be within reach of every patrol officer, loaded and immediately accessible from his or her seated position behind the wheel.

Had a loaded rifle been at hand, it might have made the difference.

iceshadow
06-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Rob, I know you got CBC'd but you still did an excellent job. I was floored how well that went when I watched that on TV, considering previous anti-gun hatchet-jobs cbc has done.

After talking with you, she said, "the guns were unremarkable". !!!!!

Thank you. :)

CivilAdvantage
06-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks!