PDA

View Full Version : The Definitive Guide to Prohib Or Not

BlackthorneMedia
06-09-2014, 06:18 PM
I find it amazing that no one it seems, anywhere on here or on the internet has created some kind of reference for people that have been effected by this reclassification to use to determine if their firearms is prohibited or not.

The FRT images are confusing, and are meant to be I suspect, and are just about useless when it comes to identifying ones rifle.

As I am sure you can all appreciate the reluctance of folks to call the RCMP (as the media release from the RCMP recommends) to find out if a rifle is prohib. Who wants the RCMP to know they have one, prohib or not.

SO can we please collect some data here, and keep the discussion on what the stamps and proofs mean, where date stamps are located and as many pictures as possible (while keeping privacy constantly in mind) so that we can sort this out and get the rifles that ARE legal back out on the ranges where they belong.

Please, no posts about the politics, every thread seems to degrade into that and we need to keep the informational side of things the top priority. Besides there are plenty of other threads for that.

Ill get it started.

BlackthorneMedia
06-09-2014, 06:27 PM
So here a picture of a stamp saying 06 after the proof mark.

The discrepancy with this particular rifle seems to be in the description of the "window" or "milled area" on the side of the read sight block.

In the FRT the descriptions seem to indicate that non-restricted variants that are pre 07 have a small version of this window.

As you can see on this gentleman's example, the date stamp is clearly 06 but the window is larger.

Does this indicate some change in the stamp? Or is this a vid date stamp?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/e4yhe5e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk