PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Stampede - Chicago 4th July

Right Edition
07-13-2014, 07:53 PM
http://youtu.be/nWrFWyiswcM

Calgary Stampede - Chicago 4th July

The Calgary Stampede is an annual rodeo, exhibition and festival held every July in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The ten-day event, which bills itself as "The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth",[3] attracts over one million visitors per year and features one of the world's largest rodeos, a parade, midway, stage shows, concerts, agricultural competitions, chuckwagon racing and First Nations exhibitions.

The event's roots are traced to 1886 when the Calgary and District Agricultural Society held its first fair. In 1912, American promoter Guy Weadick organized his first rodeo and festival, known as the Stampede. He returned to Calgary in 1919 to organize the Victory Stampede in honour of soldiers returning from World War I. Weadick's festival became an annual event in 1923 when it merged with the Calgary Industrial Exhibition to create the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede.

Chicago

Violence in Chicago continued over the Fourth of July weekend with at least 11 people shot in roughly four hours Sunday afternoon, bringing the total number of people shot since the holiday weekend began to 67.
At least 11 people were killed over the long weekend.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/More-than-50-Shot-over-Fourth-of-July-Weekend-265950061.html

Gun control no Border control

"We need more gun control and background checks."

"We need more money and leeway for our mental health system to catch these people in advance."

"We should shame and regulate the entertainment industry and video game producers who showcase and glamorize violence in their products."

These all raise worthy points—some more worthy than others. But we could do all the above—pass more gun control laws, increase the power of the mental health system, ban violence in Hollywood—and bad things still will happen.
http://dailysignal.com/2014/05/29/gun-control-cant-end-evil/

I don't need to tell you the sovereignty of the United States of America is under attack from the flood of illegal immigrants now in progress.

However, It appears our current federal government thinks it's a good idea. Reports first surfaced last week that scores of illegal immigrants in Texas were being flown, bused and then abandoned out-of-state into Arizona and elsewhere.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer is not best pleased, saying in a statement, "This is a crisis of the federal government's creation, and the fact that the border remains unsecure -- now apparently intentionally -- while this operation continues full-steam ahead is deplorable."

More than 150,000 immigrants have been apprehended along the south Texas border -- up 57% from the previous year. In addition, there has been an unprecedented surge of children making the more than 1,000-mile journey from Central America, ostensibly to escape violence in their home countries -- but is it because many know the back door is wide open?

Read more at http://allenbwest.com/2014/06/obama-administration-imports-voters-dumps-illegals-military-bases/#LxlJlopM2bM3ECUZ.99

harbl_the_cat
07-14-2014, 12:15 PM
The stampede has become such a gong show. The city is too big to accommodate it... reptilian politicians all the more reason to avoid it.

TV-PressPass
07-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Stampede is my favourite time to go on vacation and get out of Calgary for a while.

blacksmithden
07-14-2014, 01:10 PM
I had to go help our Calgary branch out of a jam a few years back when the stampede was on. I managed to get 2 nights in one hotel, but had to switch for the 3rd night. I then lost my mind and decided to drive my 10,000lb service truck down into that mess to see what all the hub-bub was about. I can say that I've been to the Calgary Stampede...nice midway and such. I can also say that I'll do everything in my power to never go within 50km of it ever again. LOL.

harbl_the_cat
07-14-2014, 01:17 PM
It wasn't that bad when I was a kid and it wasn't so full of skanks, drunks, tourists - and maybe in my childish innocence - politicians (or maybe I just didn't notice). All dressed in cowboy attire.

Last year I tried getting in for family day, and with something like 20,000 people - it was pure madness. Never again. This year my wife dropped my kids off with my in-laws during family day (get in free). It took me over an hour to get out of downtown when we came to pick them up... and the A/C in my van broke.

A few years earlier, I manned the CF recruiting station, ferrying young kids into a Leapord tank... the carny's sure do like soldiers - they just kept showering us with free mini-doughnuts. I must have eaten 100 donuts a day for the week I was working it.

Seriously, the Stampede basically turns the city into Mos Eisley Spaceport:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0znNiN0lYAQ

Hey Edmontonians - what ever happened to Klondike days?

leviathan024
07-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Lived in alberta my whole life and never made it to the stampede. Something about the 2 hour line ups to get in kept me away

Sgt Shultz
07-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Alberta is a beautiful province, the only problem is there are to many Albertans,,,,rofl

Allsteel
07-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Greatest outdoor show on Earth my ass lol what about Mardi Gras? Cinco de Mayo? Rio? The running of the bulls? Stampede, gimme a break.

Sgt Shultz
07-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Greatest outdoor show on Earth my ass lol what about Mardi Gras? Cinco de Mayo? Rio? The running of the bulls? Stampede, gimme a break.
cinco de mayo no habla espanol

Allsteel
07-17-2014, 12:43 PM
cinco de mayo no habla espanol

Ya well, mamasitas latinas mas caliente, you know. Cowgirls/Alberta girls in general are way too stuck up.