PDA

View Full Version : Ontario PC Leadership Race

JRW (QOR)
07-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Some time in the next year the Ontario PC party will hold their leadership convention. Only one has announced so far.

I know of another who is going to wait until end of summer.

In the meantime, I plan to get their stance on firearms issues (in light of the CFO's, Chow & Wynne's demand for a handgun ban) and post here what they are.

This could be a good time to test our ability to organize and get who we want elected as leader.

JRW (QOR)
08-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Vic is coming to London on the 18th of Aug. If anyone is interesting PM me for details.

Shalimar
08-11-2014, 12:48 PM
What about Garry Goodyear? I wonder if he's be considered at all.

mojo88
08-11-2014, 01:39 PM
I've heard rumours that Lisa MacLeod will jump in. She'll probably try to run as to the right of Christine Elliott. I don't know what her position is on guns, but I suspect if enough people contacted her about it, she'd get on board with a platform that would reign in CFO's.

Shalimar
08-11-2014, 01:44 PM
I've heard rumours that Lisa MacLeod will jump in. She'll probably try to run as to the right of Christine Elliott. I don't know what her position is on guns, but I suspect if enough people contacted her about it, she'd get on board with a platform that would reign in CFO's.

Since that is federal law the only thing she realistically could do is eliminate the CFO for bantario entirely which would transfer all of that to the CFC.

berger
08-11-2014, 03:40 PM

God no! We do not want "Blowhard MacLeod" as PC leader. You will guarantee another decade of Lieberal politics.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

JRW (QOR)
08-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Since that is federal law the only thing she realistically could do is eliminate the CFO for bantario entirely which would transfer all of that to the CFC.

I'm backing Vic Fideli, and have discussed the issue of firearms with him and what he can say. Even though it's federal, the provincial police have to deal with the FA. I've written up a simple soundbite for Vic to use. It focuses on Wynne's desire to have a nation wide handgun ban, which opens the door for the PCs to have a position. Vic is going to announce in Sept. I'm hoping to get him out to a few ranges around the province to meet people to sign them up to vote for him as leader.

Shalimar
08-21-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm backing Vic Fideli, and have discussed the issue of firearms with him and what he can say. Even though it's federal, the provincial police have to deal with the FA. I've written up a simple soundbite for Vic to use. It focuses on Wynne's desire to have a nation wide handgun ban, which opens the door for the PCs to have a position. Vic is going to announce in Sept. I'm hoping to get him out to a few ranges around the province to meet people to sign them up to vote for him as leader.

wynn has zero chance of that the same as chow.. they are only trying to pander and lie to get votes. Making it a campaign point is not as good as simply shredding them with the facts and truth.

OPP does as do others.. but not in any capacity to make such a change other than the abusive BS from wyatt and his cronies.

Oh and I was going to say.. never heard of him but since he has not announced that could explain it lol

JRW (QOR)
08-21-2014, 03:15 PM
wynn has zero chance of that the same as chow.. they are only trying to pander and lie to get votes. Making it a campaign point is not as good as simply shredding them with the facts and truth.

OPP does as do others.. but not in any capacity to make such a change other than the abusive BS from wyatt and his cronies.

Oh and I was going to say.. never heard of him but since he has not announced that could explain it lol

MPP from Nippising, currently Finance Critic, previously energy critic, once mayor of North Bay.

And we can counter Wynne to also get votes.

Shalimar
08-21-2014, 03:34 PM
MPP from Nippising, currently Finance Critic, previously energy critic, once mayor of North Bay.

And we can counter Wynne to also get votes.

Ah well now I know more :)

and wynne... ugh.. she is such a tard