PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to make the trip to Red Deer's Gun Show?

50calshooter
05-02-2012, 06:52 PM
It's a smaller show, but there might be some hidden gems, I'm on the hunt for a 30-30 lever... I'm also going to be handing out some stickers...

Maybe I'll put a sticker on my back so if you guys see me, come say hi...

Admission $5.00
Children under 12, Free

May 5, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
May 6, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm

Hope to see some of use guys there..

Redhouse
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm debating. Going shooting tomorrow and 3gun in Ponoka Sunday, not sure if I might be facing a job jar/honeydo list on Sat.

You gonna be wearing a tag or manning a booth? (ok, see it now, a sticker on yer back?) lol. I'll shoot you a PM Friday and arrange to buy coffee or some such if I decide to get down there.

50calshooter
05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm debating. Going shooting tomorrow and 3gun in Ponoka Sunday, not sure if I might be facing a job jar/honeydo list on Sat.

You gonna be wearing a tag or manning a booth? (ok, see it now, a sticker on yer back?) lol. I'll shoot you a PM Friday and arrange to buy coffee or some such if I decide to get down there.

That'd be fantastic!

I'm hoping I can also find some WW2 stuff, I'd like some GI helmets for quading... Lol

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
05-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Would love to come but won't be able to - prior engagements. Have fun anyone who is there! If you see a good deal on a Robinson Arms XCR buy it for me... I will pay you back one day....

Redhouse
05-02-2012, 11:18 PM
That'd be fantastic!

I'm hoping I can also find some WW2 stuff, I'd like some GI helmets for quading... Lol

WW2 stuff - if there isn't much there, there sure should be at the Edmonton show at the old airport - I think it's 26th & 27th May, and there is usually many tables of war memorabilia and bringbacks etc.

50calshooter
05-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Red I can't find you... lol

CheeseBurger
05-05-2012, 02:03 PM
If I had seen this before today I would have gone. Gah

50calshooter
05-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Found Red, it was great to meet you guys!

I bought 2 army helmets for quading, one Vietnam vintage US Army, and the other Current Issue Canadian.. Frick they are sweet. Should make for some interesting looks on the quad trail... Lol

All n' all a decent show, a serious lack of black rifle stuff but with no range in Red Deer it's not surprising... I guess my new range and gun shop will fill the void and get black rifle popular around these parts. It's definitely a gap in the market worth taking advantage of.

I think GOC will have a booth at the Red Deer show next year for sure!