PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Latest Announcement

CivilAdvantage
07-25-2014, 01:45 AM
Enjoy.
http://youtu.be/tfJrS62MhRw?list=UUcn7Oe7reBBP-aVhzaqTE0A

Brad
07-25-2014, 03:30 AM
Great video, well said. I'm not sure I agree 100% but that is what makes things interesting. The firearms safety course I can go both ways on I grew up with firearms and yes I could open an 870 by the time I was 10. Having said that today growing up in the woods hunting and fishing by the time you can hold the pole or guy is part of history. When you see the kids today on youtube playing with guns like they would a toy I see your point. I took the course and found it less than interesting but some people there had never held a firearm before so it was good they took it.

Unfortunately commonsense and government is an oxymoron. I still feel the government should have addressed the Swiss arms, CZ858 issue after all that is what started this whole mess. Extending the amnesty is not a fix just a way to put it off. What happens after the next election if we have a minority government? The confiscation without compensation by the government is a scary thing. It is not a big leap to move from firearms to other property, after all the precedent has been set. Every Canadian should be upset over the Swiss Arms, CZ858 prohibition.

Over all I'm very impressed with your video, your setting a great example. Canadian firearm owners need as much clear reasonable representation as we can get.

awndray
07-25-2014, 05:48 AM
Well put, Rod.

88 louie
07-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Good video, well said. Lets keep speaking up about the injustices in the FA. Patience is a virtue, especially when it is applied to slowly changing our laws.

Strewth
07-26-2014, 01:22 PM
One of these days I'll actually disagree with you, Rod:). But today isn't it.

Foxer
07-26-2014, 01:49 PM
I still feel the government should have addressed the Swiss arms, CZ858 issue after all that is what started this whole mess. Extending the amnesty is not a fix just a way to put it off.

They are. This is just till they can introduce legislation, so guys don't have to wait till then.

RangeBob
07-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Yeah, pretty good video.

At about 6:30 into the video he talks about how a challenge involved someone touching the trigger and not knowing how to operate a shotgun.
Implying that the problem was the challenge.

When I took my CFSC/CRFSC the two challengers got the best grades on both the written and practical, at 100% for each.
My friend, who talked me into taking the course but hasn't applied for his PAL yet due to a spouse's opinion about child rearing, took the two courses with me, and during the course had a nice elderly instructor yank a Colt Peacemaker out of his hands for touching the trigger and got yelled at several times for repeatedly touching the trigger on other guns with a volume that went up exponentially, and then after the private practical test (or was it during?) got lectured sternly and angrily by the 30-year-old tester for repeatedly touching the trigger.

Steve519
07-26-2014, 04:32 PM
Excellent video and I do agree with what you are saying. I do believe the wording of the ATT included with the PAL will be crucuial as we all know Wyatt in Ontario interprets his authority quite liberally (Literally and figuratively).

bettercallsaul
07-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Glad to have you here, Rod. I enjoy your YouTube channel.

Carguy2550
07-26-2014, 11:07 PM
I,m with you Rob. I want to see the legislation before making too many assumptions.

Gaidheal
07-27-2014, 05:40 AM
As always - a great video.

CivilAdvantage
07-31-2014, 11:34 PM
The quality of the courses are kind of all over the place. Probably getting better now though.

Yeah, pretty good video.

At about 6:30 into the video he talks about how a challenge involved someone touching the trigger and not knowing how to operate a shotgun.
Implying that the problem was the challenge.

When I took my CFSC/CRFSC the two challengers got the best grades on both the written and practical, at 100% for each.
My friend, who talked me into taking the course but hasn't applied for his PAL yet due to a spouse's opinion about child rearing, took the two courses with me, and during the course had a nice elderly instructor yank a Colt Peacemaker out of his hands for touching the trigger and got yelled at several times for repeatedly touching the trigger on other guns with a volume that went up exponentially, and then after the private practical test (or was it during?) got lectured sternly and angrily by the 30-year-old tester for repeatedly touching the trigger.