PDA

View Full Version : Former Alberta premier Alison Redford resigns MLA seat

Billythreefeathers
08-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Former Alberta premier Alison Redford has resigned as the MLA for Calgary-Elbow, effective immediately.

In a letter sent to the Edmonton Journal and Calgary Herald, Redford admits there were mistakes made during her leadership and "in hindsight, there were many things I would have done differently."

"That said, I accept responsibility for all the decisions I have made."

Redford resigned as premier March 19 after repaying nearly $45,000 for flight expense scandals and because of tension in the government caucus.

In an internal government report leaked last week, Auditor General Merwan Saher found Redford's staff entered fake passengers into the government's online flight-booking system and then erased the passengers before printing a final manifest "to restrict access to Premier Redford on the aircraft."

"The implications of this practice were that other government employees or elected officials would not have been able to travel" on the government-owned aircraft, the report said.

Redford issued a statement saying she wasn't aware of the "false passengers" and would be surprised if the allegations are true.

On Tuesday, Progressive Conservative leadership contender Thomas Lukaszuk called for an emergency caucus meeting to discuss kicking Redford out of the party.

She needs some jail time,,,,

jwirecom109
08-06-2014, 06:33 AM
She needs some jail time,,,,

BINGO

stevesummit
08-06-2014, 06:48 AM
This could be good ! This is her just trying to slow it all down before everything comes out !

Lee Enfield
08-06-2014, 06:54 AM
She is probably hoping her quitting will defuse the situation and she will not face any further scrutiny.

Politicians cover for each other, they are all crooks just to varying degrees.

CanuckWR
08-06-2014, 07:10 AM
This could be good ! This is her just trying to slow it all down before everything comes out !

More like exit stage left before the rest of the iceberg is noticed.

killer kane
08-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Tommy the Luke, pulled one over on the rest of the mob bosses running the p.c.'s by squealing just loud enough to make it look like he orchetrated this, I wonder how much this really cost us, cause we all should know by now, the witch of the west wouldn't go without some kind of payout. They're all still scum by the way.

Strewth
08-06-2014, 09:10 AM

Unfortunately agree. Alberta's very own PET; someone whose policies and boondoggles will be paid for by the citizens for years to come:(.

stevesummit
08-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately agree. Alberta's very own PET; someone whose policies and boondoggles will be paid for by the citizens for years to come:(.

This is the problem with red Tories ! They adopt whatever it will take to get in then fall back to screwing who ever or what ever they can while in the position !

BruceW
08-07-2014, 07:30 AM
I agree completely with All the above posts.

Foxer
08-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Tommy the Luke, pulled one over on the rest of the mob bosses running the p.c.'s by squealing just loud enough to make it look like he orchetrated this, I wonder how much this really cost us, cause we all should know by now, the witch of the west wouldn't go without some kind of payout. They're all still scum by the way.

Regardless of what they might offer her otherwise, she'll still have her mp's pension. I'm afraid the people of alberta will be paying for her for many many years to come.

stevesummit
08-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Regardless of what they might offer her otherwise, she'll still have her mp's pension. I'm afraid the people of alberta will be paying for her for many many years to come.

Well then we need to stand up and change that ! You break the rules you get sfa when you quit or get fired over wrong doing !

kennymo
08-07-2014, 09:12 AM
More like exit stage left before the rest of the iceberg is noticed.

I like to call it 'pulling the old Chrétien'.

Kane63
08-07-2014, 10:29 AM
I like to call it 'pulling the old Chrétien'.

Or a McGuinty.

Wait a minute, there seems to be a trend here....