PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a gunsmith to take on a build in the future pistol cal. bolt rifle

1905ross
08-11-2014, 07:50 AM
i have always love the idea of a pistol cal. bolt action rifle and want to have one made but need to find someone with the equipment. was thinking a No4 action or maybe a mosin to start out with but would like any suggestions regarding action, mag. would like to be able to take a close range deer so it would need to be .45 .357 something with a little power and lead behind it

mtlgun
08-18-2014, 01:33 PM
There was a guy a while back who was offering conversion kits for the Enfield for 45 ACP to make them look like the silenced WWII version. Not sure how that worked out but might be worth while to research it a bit.

The spanish Destroyer carbine comes to mind right away. The 9x23 is nearly identical to the 357 in ballistics.

Slightly off the wall but interesting none the less would be a 44 Automag bolt gun. Since it's basically cut down 308 brass you might not have to play around with modifying the bolt at all. A bit of shimming/voodo on the mag and a new barrel and you'd be done. Hmm, now that I've thought about that I see a winter project in my future.