PDA

View Full Version : Cold Steel Rifleman Hawk Video Review

FlyingHigh
05-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I took my Cold Steel Rifleman hawk out for a test run today and made a short video review. Enjoy. :)

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/Steeliestalker/th_video-2012-05-05-12-51-47.jpg (http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/Steeliestalker/?action=view&current=video-2012-05-05-12-51-47.mp4)

jonanddad
05-05-2012, 03:00 PM
2 things to help you improve the video, 1. turn your phone horizontal rather than vertical, and upload the video to youtube instead of photobucket, Other than that great review, Keep us updated on the head falling off.

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
05-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Good review - thanks for posting! Regarding the issue with the head and retention screw - I have heard of this happening with some of the Cold Steel hawks. Easy fix - Since the nut has depressed the handle and carve a little notch out of it - rotate the handle 180 and install the head with the retention nut on the opposite side. When you put it in, use some red lock-tite to set the screw.

If this doesn't solve the problem let me know and I will get you a fresh one.

Cheers.

mlehto
05-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Nice.

Can't say I have to much use for such a thing, as I already have a couple hatchets, but seems a decent piece of kit for the money.

FlyingHigh
05-05-2012, 03:22 PM
i'll do that next time jon. thanks for the tips.

OPC, your suggestion was what I planned to try. Thanks for reminding me about the Locktite. I have some around here somewhere. I'll give it a shot and let you all know how it works. :)

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
05-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Update - we have been checking all outgoing Cold Steel Hawks for the screw issues - any loose ones are getting fixed. Re-seating the head in handle so it seats further down the shaft than the original screw hole and red locktite has solved any issues.

lone-wolf
05-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Good to hear opc

Can they be put on a handle like a normal axe head? With that little wedge pounded into the handle through the top?

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
05-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Yes you could do that. And we can also get in replacment handles that are factory fitted.

FlyingHigh
06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Great to hear OPC. I managed to fix mine with locktite in the screw and then epoxy around the head to secure it to the handle. It worked great until I managed to stick the tomahawk in a tree, throw an axe at the same tree and somehow split my hawk handle with said axe. :(

I plan to try fashioning my own replacement handle this weekend. If i give up on that, I'll probably drop you a line and order a new handle through you guys.