PDA

View Full Version : Rod for NFA Director!

Doug_M
10-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Rod, we had to find out on some random Facebook post? Don't be so humble!

http://abbotsfordfishandgameclub.org/afgc-vice-president-running-for-nfa-director/

The 2014 fall nominations for directors of Canadaís National Firearms Association have been announced and our very own Vice President, Rod Giltaca, has thrown his hat into the ring.

rod-photoRod Giltaca is an entrepreneur, a firearms instructor, host of the Civil Advantage YouTube Channel and Vice President of the Abbotsford Fish & Game Club. Rod is a tireless supporter of basic human rights notably the rights of self-defense and civilian firearm ownership. As an entrepreneur, Rod has successfully worked in business development with multinational corporations and government organizations. He knows how to achieve results with limited resources and has a solid reputation as a focused, articulate and respectful leader.

Changing the publicís perception of gun owners is key to not only minimizing the opposition, but in establishing an honest dialog about the prejudicial and ineffective laws currently in place. Rodís skill as a communicator and his involvement in the industry is a perfect fit with this ongoing strategy.

The firearms community has suffered enough, sacrificed enough. It takes strategy, education and politics to take us to the next level. Rod has the experience to help the NFA get there.

Please note that each active member of the NFA from the indicated region will receive a ballot by mail. Only the mailed in ballot will be accepted to count. The ballot should be returned to the NFA Head Office no later than December 1, 2014.

speedloader
10-08-2014, 09:29 AM
its listed on the NFA site
https://nfa.ca/news/fall-2014-elections-office-director
Rod would be my choice hands down for any province

Candychikita
10-08-2014, 09:31 AM
:D Rod as President of the NFA would make me consider a membership...

jwirecom109
10-08-2014, 09:53 AM
If rod won, he would not be president. That would be voted on at an executive meeting. Sheldon is a voted in president by the directors. It would fall to the VP till the AGM and the vote.

Petamocto
10-08-2014, 09:57 AM
I would definitely consider joining if he took the top spot. He is a very reasonable man, and I think he's much better at explaining common sense policies better than people who are too extreme.

For example, he supports the idea of it being a good thing that people should be licensed and have to take a safety course. The way we do things now may not be the best way to go about it, but he understands that in Canada we have to support those sorts of things, because most people won't tolerate a "from my cold dead hands, you should be able to buy a gun like a stick of gum when you turn 18" attitude.

Doug_M
10-08-2014, 10:34 AM
When rod wins, he will not be president. That would be voted on at an executive meeting. Sheldon is a voted in president by the directors. It would fall to the VP till the AGM and the vote.

Fixed it! :)

Doug_M
10-08-2014, 10:36 AM
I would definitely consider joining if he took the top spot. He is a very reasonable man, and I think he's much better at explaining common sense policies better than people are too extreme.

For example, he supports the idea of it being a good thing that people should be licensed and have to take a safety course. The way we do things now may not be the best way to go about it, but he understands that in Canada we have to support those sorts of things, because most people won't tolerate a "from my cold dead hands, you should be able to buy a gun like a stick of gum when you turn 18" attitude.

Exactly. Maybe he can get the NFA (of which I am a member) to tone down the rhetoric and actually get a seat a the table with the grown ups.

CivilAdvantage
10-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Thanks all. I will be putting out a video on this in the next few days. I actually did some "man on the street" interviews yesterday also. I'd appreciate all you votes!!!

HenryLung
10-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Can I vote for you here in Alberta Rod?

hercster
10-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I dropped my membership several months ago in protest of how the NFA was representing us as a public image. Rod is just the person I would have supported without question. With him as the public face of the NFA and more importantly with him influencing how the organisation operates, I would be tempted to rejoin. Rod presents the facts in an honest and yet non-confrontational manner and that's what we all need in order to build on the momentum we have. To me, the NFA took us two steps back over the past year and I would like to see that repaired.

Strewth
10-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Waiting patiently for ballot:)...it's still coming right? I haven't missed it?

dhpsask
10-08-2014, 10:36 PM
I think Rod would be a good public face for the law abiding Canadian firearm owners. Being the President would only make him more accessible to non gun owning Canadians.

CivilAdvantage
10-08-2014, 11:01 PM
I dropped my membership several months ago in protest of how the NFA was representing us as a public image. Rod is just the person I would have supported without question. With him as the public face of the NFA and more importantly with him influencing how the organisation operates, I would be tempted to rejoin. Rod presents the facts in an honest and yet non-confrontational manner and that's what we all need in order to build on the momentum we have. To me, the NFA took us two steps back over the past year and I would like to see that repaired.

I appreciate that. The perfect balance is hard to find. I have some different ideas of how to be successful that I think need to be tried. I really need this kind of feedback, thanks again.

CivilAdvantage
10-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Waiting patiently for ballot:)...it's still coming right? I haven't missed it?
They haven't been mailed yet. Mailed out Nov 1st and have to be back to the NFA Dec 1st.

CivilAdvantage
10-08-2014, 11:03 PM
I think Rod would be a good public face for the law abiding Canadian firearm owners. Being the President would only make him more accessible to non gun owning Canadians. thanks!

CivilAdvantage
10-08-2014, 11:05 PM
I've got my campaign video done. It's the best vid I've ever made (visual quality wise). I'll release it when the ballots are mailed out!!

Foxer
10-08-2014, 11:29 PM
I'd sign back up if rod were president, that's for sure. I find him to be reasonably sagacious and balanced.

LB303
10-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Rod presents the facts in an honest and yet non-confrontational manner and that's what we all need in order to build on the momentum we have. To me, the NFA took us two steps back over the past year and I would like to see that repaired.

^^^+1

Doug_M
10-09-2014, 04:45 AM
I'd sign back up if rod were president, that's for sure. I find him to be reasonably sagacious and balanced.

Hands up how many had to look that up. (mine's up)

Prairie Dog
10-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Mine too.

Gaidheal
10-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Go Rod Go!

Foxer
10-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Hands up how many had to look that up. (mine's up)

Mine too.

Sigh. Kids today :) :)

CivilAdvantage
10-09-2014, 09:24 AM
This just in, ballots in BC will be mailed out October 20th. BC NFA members will receive them on the 23rd or so. You'll have 5 weeks to mail them back to the NFA.

Shalimar
10-09-2014, 09:46 AM
This just in, ballots in BC will be mailed out October 20th. BC NFA members will receive them on the 23rd or so. You'll have 5 weeks to mail them back to the NFA.

iirc they can also be done online

CivilAdvantage
10-09-2014, 01:05 PM
iirc they can also be done onlineI haven't heard that.

Shalimar
10-09-2014, 01:17 PM
I haven't heard that.

I'll double check to be sure since it has been sometime.. but iirc and it can that is a very good thing IMO. :)