PDA

View Full Version : Preppers vs Survivalists?

JeffJames
05-11-2012, 08:27 AM
What are your thoughts on who would be better prepared in a sHTF situation?

This is my second video on the topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=814RvTougLw&feature=g-upl

jonanddad
05-11-2012, 05:27 PM
The embedded video does not seem to want to work

grugnir
05-17-2012, 02:38 PM
A survivalist is a prepper who hopped off the euphemism treadmill... :D

Abashai
06-13-2012, 01:53 PM
A survivalist is a prepper who hopped off the euphemism treadmill... :D
This...
Matter of semantics. Six of one half dozen of another. It seems the political correctness campaign has permeated everything.
People will each have a different idea of SHTF but if you are "prepping" to "survive" then you are a survivalist...er.. prepper

Asphalt Cowboy
06-13-2012, 11:22 PM
good little video ...I live in the bush and have a monster quanity of stored food, chickens, horses, monster garden, eat moose and fish , can wild berry jams and most of everything that we eat is home grown that lasts our family a year at a time but you can't live off the land today and live like folks are already living in 1890 then folks are dead in the water before the boat even goes down . also we use wood heat 98% of the time .

we are not bugging out anywhere ..but rather bugging in

also I must add that which ever you are ,, prepper or survivalist if people don't identify the scenario .then no amount can keep you weather the storm.. a person that can build a lean two in the bush and cook fish on a flat rock ares till going to die in the event of a nuclear blast and radiation fall out.. if a person can stock pile food like an ant but doesn't have a storage suitable to with stand an X class solar flare then they die too. one must consider the worst scenario then curtail

Asphalt Cowboy
06-13-2012, 11:24 PM
PS if you don't mind I would like to add this vid to my website :Beer time: