PDA

View Full Version : Bulk non corrosive ammo

Iambax
10-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Hi all. I have a few questions if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I've been looking all over for a bulk buy in ammo and haven't had much luck. A buddy tells me ammo is hard to come by now days. If that's true then maybe I won't be able to find what I'm looking for. Any way I was hoping to find a supply of surplus ammo in 22lr and 9mm. Does anyone have any idea of where I could find some? Also I am unable to post in the optics and handgun section so if anyone here can tell me where I could also find s conversion kit for a p226 to 9mm and a lg326 laser grip I'd be very grateful.
Thank you

JustBen
10-28-2014, 05:26 AM
I've never seen surplus 22lr and I haven't seen surplus 9mm in quite some time (years?).

Site sponsor SFRC www.theammosource.com has a decent selection of commercial ammunition in those calibers.

To find a brick and mortar store nearby, we need to know where you're at.

Gaidheal
10-28-2014, 06:06 AM
I buy 22LR by the bucket at a well-known tire store. I think I get 1400 rounds for 60-70 bucks when it goes on sale.

mtlgun
10-28-2014, 07:01 AM
Surplus generally implies Military Surplus. Very few armies in the world work with 22lr anymore so you're unlikely to ever find any. 22 is a bit harder to find lately but it's still available. If you're looking for a specific brand or label however you might have to shop around more than before.

Surplus 9 can be found from time to time but it's rare and often not much of a bargain compared to factory or good commercial reloads. SFRC has Wolff which is very nice and also factory stuff at good prices. Click through the dealers up top and you're sure to find a promo or 2.

Haywire1
10-28-2014, 07:04 AM
And any section other than the marketplace or off topics is an open section. If you can post here you can post there. Pm a mod and ask them to help. Afaik only the Israelis and the Russians "officially" use 22lr so surplus 22 aint gonna happen

Shalimar
11-03-2014, 09:24 AM
I've never seen surplus .22 ever.. but it's cheap to buy. Last time I got some was a box of 500 from Federal for about $16

As for 9.. Wolf is cheap but tends to be more dirty and a lil less reliable IMO. But MFS can be had cheap and works well. Also Federal can usually be had for almost the same $ as MFS and uses brass instead of steel.. so reloading is an option. (Including one guy an hr or so from me that does mass reloading for others cheap :)

As for specific stores.. impossible to say w/o knowing where you are.

lone-wolf
11-03-2014, 07:32 PM
I've never seen surplus .22 ever.. but it's cheap to buy. Last time I got some was a box of 500 from Federal for about $16

When was the last time you bought .22lr? 10yrs ago?!

blacksmithden
11-03-2014, 07:38 PM
There is a shortage of 22LR and 9mm going on right now. You're not likely to find much of either for a while, and you have no hope of finding bricks (500ish packs) of 22 for $16 dollars. The cheapest price I've seen on ANY shelf ANYWHERE was Walmart, and their price was $28.95.....and the shelf was bare and has been for months. Your best bet for finding 22LR right now is in smaller towns. Even at that, I was just in Viking Alberta (fairly small community about 2 hours east of Edmonton. Even there, they had a sign up that there was a 2 box limit per person...there was only one box on the shelf and it was $35.99 if I recall correctly.