PDA

View Full Version : Kenney calls Trudeau winter advice for ISIS victims 'idiotic'

Billythreefeathers
11-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Kenney calls Trudeau winter advice for ISIS victims 'idiotic'

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2014/11/20141107-171404.html

EDMONTON - "Idiotic." That's how Federal Employment and Social Development Minister Jason Kenney put the idea to offer "cold winter" advice to the victims of ISIS.

This is after Federal Liberal leader Justin Trudeau had that suggestion at a town hall in Hinton, AB, Thursday while stumping with Yellowhead Liberal byelection candidate Ryan Maguhn.

Citing Canada's expertise in dealing with the elements, Trudeau said a better alternative to the Canadian bombing offensive in Kuwait would be to offer refugees advice on faring a "very, very cold winter in the mountains."
•MORE: Trudeau says Canada should help ISIS victims with 'cold winter' advice

"Winter's not something new to people living in Northern Iraq," said Kenney, "The Kurdish people have lived through it for millennia."

Since Oct. 28, Canada has had six CF-18 Hornet fighters, in Kuwait, as well as a CC-150 Polaris tanker and two CP-140 Aurora surveillance aircraft being supported by almost 600 military personnel on the ground.

"The Liberal Party used to believe in something called 'the responsibility to protect'. Unfortunately, Justin Trudeau now thinks the responsibility to protect doesn't mean eliminating genocidal jihadi maniacs, but rather giving people brochures on how to get through the winter. This is just a bad joke," said Kenney​.

Strewth
11-08-2014, 11:16 AM
I think it's a good joke! Let us "help" you with something you've dealt with successfully for years on your own! Just give us your money....that's the Liberal way!

lone-wolf
11-08-2014, 11:28 AM
I await Russia's advice to Canada on how to deal with communists.

Camo tung
11-08-2014, 11:35 AM
It's JT's "warm up" act for when he assumes the PM position. After he decimates the national economy and more people are spending the winter in cardboard boxes he will lecture us on how Teresa Spence kept warm in her teepee and how the occupy movement kept warm living in parks. That pamphlet may even be edible.

Strewth
11-08-2014, 11:49 AM

I don't think Russia ever had a communist dynasty like we're in danger of? Even the population of the Soviet Union wasn't that self-flagellating....

Billythreefeathers
11-08-2014, 11:51 AM
Vanity Fair doing another fluff piece on JT, his childhood hardships of a broken marrage, losing his brother Michel,,

lone-wolf
11-08-2014, 11:53 AM
I don't think Russia ever had a communist dynasty like we're in danger of?

Communist Russia probably would of nuked ISIS, so probably not. Not sure why Russia doesn't seem much outspoken about ISIS, since Russia had it's share of terrorism.

soulchaser
11-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Vanity Fair doing another fluff piece on JT, his childhood hardships of a broken marrage, losing his brother Michel,,

Sadly, written by a freelance journalist with STRONG ties to Sun Media.

soulchaser
11-09-2014, 08:05 AM
"This is after Federal Liberal leader Justin Trudeau had that suggestion at a town hall in Hinton, AB, Thursday while stumping with Yellowhead Liberal byelection candidate Ryan Maguhn."

You really have to wonder what was going through Ryan's mind when Trudeau made his moronic comments.

Mr. Lahey
11-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Kenney calls Trudeau winter advice for ISIS victims 'idiotic'

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2014/11/20141107-171404.html

EDMONTON - "Idiotic." That's how Federal Employment and Social Development Minister Jason Kenney put the idea to offer "cold winter" advice to the victims of ISIS.

This is after Federal Liberal leader Justin Trudeau had that suggestion at a town hall in Hinton, AB, Thursday while stumping with Yellowhead Liberal byelection candidate Ryan Maguhn.

Citing Canada's expertise in dealing with the elements, Trudeau said a better alternative to the Canadian bombing offensive in Kuwait would be to offer refugees advice on faring a "very, very cold winter in the mountains."
•MORE: Trudeau says Canada should help ISIS victims with 'cold winter' advice

"Winter's not something new to people living in Northern Iraq," said Kenney, "The Kurdish people have lived through it for millennia."

Since Oct. 28, Canada has had six CF-18 Hornet fighters, in Kuwait, as well as a CC-150 Polaris tanker and two CP-140 Aurora surveillance aircraft being supported by almost 600 military personnel on the ground.

"The Liberal Party used to believe in something called 'the responsibility to protect'. Unfortunately, Justin Trudeau now thinks the responsibility to protect doesn't mean eliminating genocidal jihadi maniacs, but rather giving people brochures on how to get through the winter. This is just a bad joke," said Kenney​.

Europeans have survived in Europe for millenia, yet the Americans gave the zillions after WWII through the Marshall Plan. Perhaps if Kenny either more intelligence or imagination he might see that Trudeau's suggestion could be that making people react positively toward the West might better be accomplished with aid than with bombs.

reductio ad absurdum

Mr. Lahey
11-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Just give us your money....that's the Liberal way!

So the Conservative way is to give this money (if not more) to the military industrial complex?

Strewth
11-09-2014, 11:23 AM
So the Conservative way is to give this money (if not more) to the military industrial complex?

We spend 1.3% (2012 stat) of our GDP on our military? I would certainly hope that the CPC can take some of the budget surplus they've managed to consolidate, and spend it on our chronically underfunded military? The shipyards refurbs started in Vancouver and Halifax are a good start for our limping Navy.

Strewth
11-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Europeans have survived in Europe for millenia, yet the Americans gave the zillions after WWII through the Marshall Plan. Perhaps if Kenny either more intelligence or imagination he might see that Trudeau's suggestion could be that making people react positively toward the West might better be accomplished with aid than with bombs.

reductio ad absurdum

Americans gave $13 billion with the Marshall Plan, which is $176 billion today. US aid alone to parts of the Middle East (http://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL32260.pdf ) from 1971 to 2001 was $144 billion. Adjusted for inflation would put the latter number closer to $200 billion.

How much more should we give? The amount so far does not seem to be mitigating any hard feelings that area has towards our way of life, culture, or religion; indeed, it does not seem to be helping the general population over there make any sort of leap out of the 8th century.

And to be crude, the Europeans we helped had far more to rebuild. Exactly how many mud huts does that amount of money purchase?

L'argent ne peut acheter le bonheur.

killer kane
11-09-2014, 11:47 AM

reductio ad absurdum

Good idea, the only problem seems to be the thugs stealing all the aid items and still terrorising the poor starving buggers stuck in which ever hell hole the progs decide to help. As a Canadian taxpayer, I'll support the bombing into dust of these terrorists, but thanks anyway.

Strangeday
11-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Sadly, written by a freelance journalist with STRONG ties to Sun Media.

ReignCzech
11-09-2014, 02:53 PM

heh, heh,... well russia has given advice on how to deal with the insurgents ..ISIL/ISIS... whatever the wahhabi, jihadi, groups are being termed at the flavour of the recent years.

Communist Russia probably would of nuked ISIS, so probably not. Not sure why Russia doesn't seem much outspoken about ISIS, since Russia had it's share of terrorism.

And,.. the advice as well as the again soon and up and coming equipment, arms, and support arriving in tartus naval base in syria, are comprised of s-300 i/ms systems as well as closer/ short to medium range AA gun and missile systems. The kicker are a few varieties of thermobaric fuel air weapons systems, ... i'm thinking 'father of all bombs'.

you see the military advice, as well as what has been spoken publicly from russia, is to deal with ISIL/ISIS as it were as the 1st and 2nd chechen wars.
(as multitudes of the insurgents are actually from those regions in iraq and syria )
specifically the 2nd chechen war,.. the russian implementation of thermobaric weapons ( cheap to produce, devastating, and non-nuclear however the effects semi-near the same without fall-out ) i.e. on the leveling the city of grozny, and the mountain areas of chechen / mujahedeen militia / insurgents.

a study related to whats written : http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/documents/fuelair/fuelair.htm

And the series of weapons that have been brought to the table for syria and iraq to purchase during their arms procurements recently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOS-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv4GkXfuyj8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRO-A

personal / man portable : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPO-A_Shmel

and ... drumroll...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_of_All_Bombs

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dd9_1309779645

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzASnmmxIM

RD777
11-09-2014, 04:26 PM
I see Lahey is drunk as f*** again. :P

Strangeday
11-09-2014, 06:24 PM

reductio ad absurdum

This isn't a love in....if you think handling out some parkas will win the hearts and minds a radical muslims then you have spent too much time in the Ottawa Media Corps suckling the teat of Justin and his ilk. Yes....the Americans pushed money in Europe AND Japan post WW2. They and other allies including CANADA occupied military bases in Europe for decades after too. The Americans are still there. War isn't pretty and its not for the weak of mind or cowards. Who cares how ISIS feels about American or the "West". ISIS's attitude towards the west has nothing to do with their wholesale slaughter of the Kurds or Sunni's. In fact when you look at this current situation we are there fighting to protect non westerners....

Trudeau's suggestion is nothing more than a weak and pathetic dream of rainbows and good wishes for a harsh and dangerous world.... Justin is nothing special and not some saviour of Liberal ideology.... he's a simply a coward.

i have to add......At some point you have to pick a side....people get killed standing in the middle of the road.

Strangeday
11-09-2014, 06:58 PM

CANADIAN MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX? HOLY FU*K DUDE you are smoking some primo weed......lets see.....between our F18's that are falling apart...subs that aren't operations, Helicopter that auto rotate more than they should, SAR replacement on perpetual hold and a whole host of other things Canada could probably be easily taken over by jihadis all working for Garda Security

blacksmithden
11-09-2014, 07:34 PM
CANADIAN MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX? HOLY FU*K DUDE you are smoking some primo weed......lets see.....between our F18's that are falling apart...subs that aren't operations, Helicopter that auto rotate more than they should, SAR replacement on perpetual hold and a whole host of other things Canada could probably be easily taken over by jihadis all working for Garda Security

Oh....don't give them too much credit. I came across more than a few of those fellows between here and Ft Mac. Imagine this. You're 35km down a dirt road, off the main highway. From the main highway/dirt road intersection, to the next town that even has a store is a 2 hour drive. You have NOTHING to do all day but harass rig pigs going on and off site. Besides that, you sit in your little guard shack and grow roots. It takes a special kind of brain to do that job.

I show up at the front gate into this site. I call my site contact. He's now off shift, and is back in Nova Scotia. He gives me a name and tells me to get security to call him. The three morons come out of the shack, and all they can do is tell me to stay in my truck. I tell them I need them to call...lets just say his name was Bob Smith for simplicity......I need you to call Bob Smith. Not ONE of them spoke even broken English. I call the first guy back and tell him that security can't understand what I'm telling them. He says "Tell them to call the emergency site contact". There's some words these three bozos should understand. Any lease/rig/drill/well/whatever, site this side of the 49th parallel has an emergency phone number to call in case something happens. By this time, 2 of the bozos have gone back inside the shack, and the 3rd is watching me from the door. I go to get out of my truck. He rushes towards me, and yells "IN TRUCK !" and motions for me to get back in my truck. Now...I don't know what the hell they had going on inside that guard shack, but they sure didn't want anybody to see it. I tell the goof to call his "emergency site contact". I tell him to look on the wall...big red phone number...it will say "In case of emergency, call".... Nope...no way on hell could I get through to these idiots. I call my original contact back (I hate bugging people on their days off, but I'm not getting anywhere with these guys). I told him he should get in touch with SOMEBODY...ANYBODY inside and have them meet me at the gate. I'll be the guy sleeping in the white truck at $3 a minute. It still took half an hour, but somebody came out. He starts speaking to these goof ball Garda guys, but 99% of the "message" is conveyed through sign language. Oh...they wouldn't let him anywhere near the shack either. My money would be on them having drugs in there...but who knows.

Strangeday
11-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Oh....don't give them too much credit. I came across more than a few of those fellows between here and Ft Mac. Imagine this. You're 35km down a dirt road, off the main highway. From the main highway/dirt road intersection, to the next town that even has a store is a 2 hour drive. You have NOTHING to do all day but harass rig pigs going on and off site. Besides that, you sit in your little guard shack and grow roots. It takes a special kind of brain to do that job.

I show up at the front gate into this site. I call my site contact. He's now off shift, and is back in Nova Scotia. He gives me a name and tells me to get security to call him. The three morons come out of the shack, and all they can do is tell me to stay in my truck. I tell them I need them to call...lets just say his name was Bob Smith for simplicity......I need you to call Bob Smith. Not ONE of them spoke even broken English. I call the first guy back and tell him that security can't understand what I'm telling them. He says "Tell them to call the emergency site contact". There's some words these three bozos should understand. Any lease/rig/drill/well/whatever, site this side of the 49th parallel has an emergency phone number to call in case something happens. By this time, 2 of the bozos have gone back inside the shack, and the 3rd is watching me from the door. I go to get out of my truck. He rushes towards me, and yells "IN TRUCK !" and motions for me to get back in my truck. Now...I don't know what the hell they had going on inside that guard shack, but they sure didn't want anybody to see it. I tell the goof to call his "emergency site contact". I tell him to look on the wall...big red phone number...it will say "In case of emergency, call".... Nope...no way on hell could I get through to these idiots. I call my original contact back (I hate bugging people on their days off, but I'm not getting anywhere with these guys). I told him he should get in touch with SOMEBODY...ANYBODY inside and have them meet me at the gate. I'll be the guy sleeping in the white truck at $3 a minute. It still took half an hour, but somebody came out. He starts speaking to these goof ball Garda guys, but 99% of the "message" is conveyed through sign language. Oh...they wouldn't let him anywhere near the shack either. My money would be on them having drugs in there...but who knows.

prayer meeting.....no infidels allowed

OEM
11-09-2014, 09:41 PM
This isn't a love in....if you think handling out some parkas will win the hearts and minds a radical muslims then you have spent too much time in the Ottawa Media Corps suckling the teat of Justin and his ilk. Yes....the Americans pushed money in Europe AND Japan post WW2. They and other allies including CANADA occupied military bases in Europe for decades after too. The Americans are still there. War isn't pretty and its not for the weak of mind or cowards. Who cares how ISIS feels about American or the "West". ISIS's attitude towards the west has nothing to do with their wholesale slaughter of the Kurds or Sunni's. In fact when you look at this current situation we are there fighting to protect non westerners....

Trudeau's suggestion is nothing more than a weak and pathetic dream of rainbows and good wishes for a harsh and dangerous world.... Justin is nothing special and not some saviour of Liberal ideology.... he's a simply a coward.

i have to add......At some point you have to pick a side....people get killed standing in the middle of the road.

Best post in this thread! Justin suffers from a typical liberal malaise: limp-wristed sissiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Lahey
11-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Americans gave $13 billion with the Marshall Plan, which is $176 billion today. US aid alone to parts of the Middle East (http://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL32260.pdf ) from 1971 to 2001 was $144 billion. Adjusted for inflation would put the latter number closer to $200 billion.

How much more should we give? The amount so far does not seem to be mitigating any hard feelings that area has towards our way of life, culture, or religion; indeed, it does not seem to be helping the general population over there make any sort of leap out of the 8th century.

And to be crude, the Europeans we helped had far more to rebuild. Exactly how many mud huts does that amount of money purchase?

L'argent ne peut acheter le bonheur.

Considering that the bulk of that went to Israel (and much of that was military aid in the form of giant gift cards refundable at any American Arms industry) I don't think it's really the same, y'know?

Mr. Lahey
11-10-2014, 08:22 PM

You're right, sorry. I read somewhere that Canada buys military hardware from the US, but after double-checking, that was on the CBC site, so it's obviously inaccurate.

Strangeday
11-10-2014, 10:23 PM
You're right, sorry. I read somewhere that Canada buys military hardware from the US, but after double-checking, that was on the CBC site, so it's obviously inaccurate.

We also buy from the British, the Israelis, the Americans, the Italians, the South Africans, the Dutch, the Germans etc etc. and a host of others. That includes trucks built by GM and Dodge that we all buy at local dealers too. We are a non existent number in the bottom line of global military procurement. If your lefty sympathies are suggesting that we are some military wannabes on the global stage that's quite frankly poppycock. Democracy isn't cheap my friend and sending men and woman to the world crisis points is a small part of that bill. Those men and women deserve reliable functioning kit.

At the end of World War 2 the world looked at the atrocities and said "never again" then we all sat back and watched wholesale slaughter and genocide in places like Yugoslavia ( the only people that can tell a Serb from a Croatian is them nobody else gives a fu$k) and Darfur and other places. Well...not this time....we aren't going to sit back and let these people be murdered because some ancient desert dwelling Neanderthals that think the magic man in the sky will hand out some virgin pussy if you chant 5 times a day.

Sometimes bad people have to die to make it safe for others to live. The leftist media has tried to shame Canadians into feelings morally culpable for the deaths of these barbarians. It takes a leader to stand up and say I am going to send my military to kill you and your followers. It takes a leader to stand up and protect those people that cannot protect themselves. Unless you have ever gone into harms way for the greater good it's a concept you won't understand. You should stay in your local coffee house with the other "intellectuals" and work on your manifesto of rainbows and unicorns.

Strewth
11-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Considering that the bulk of that went to Israel (and much of that was military aid in the form of giant gift cards refundable at any American Arms industry) I don't think it's really the same, y'know?

The tables on pages 27 and 29 refute this....the bulk went to Iran. We all realise that the money given over there has funded the terrorism we're seeing now (except from Israel)...so hindsight being 20/20 they should have gotten no money then?
My question still stands?