PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg NO.M4 needs repair.

greywolf67nt
12-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know of someone in the Edmonton area that could fix my OLD Mossberg NO.M4 scope?
I have the model 26b .22 that it goes with including the peep sight (missing the eye piecelike all the other pictures I've seen) and would like to get them back to as close to new as possible.
It was my Grampa's and might not be worth much but iron sights at 150 yards with LR shells ground hogs don't have a chance.

blacksmithden
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Does anyone know of someone in the Edmonton area that could fix my OLD Mossberg NO.M4 scope?
I have the model 26b .22 that it goes with including the peep sight (missing the eye piecelike all the other pictures I've seen) and would like to get them back to as close to new as possible.
It was my Grampa's and might not be worth much but iron sights at 150 yards with LR shells ground hogs don't have a chance.

Ok...just to clarify....you're looking for something for the scope, or a piece for the peep sight ? There probably isn't much I can do with the scope, but I can probably fabricate pieces for the peep sight. Do you have any pictures ?

greywolf67nt
12-02-2014, 11:05 PM
Yes to both.
It has been so long since I have looked through the scope I'm not sure if one of the lenses is cracked or the cross hairs are just out of whack.
The little eyepiece on the swing out peep sight is missing and now that I posted this I can't find the rest of the frickin thing.

headhunter2
09-24-2015, 12:00 PM
I also have a Model 26B but with an M4c scope. My scope is fine but I did stop earlier this month and talk to Phil at Trace Scope Repairs in Calgary about another (and rare) Mossberg scope. He can clean them and repair (if he can get parts) the older Mossberg scopes. I know he has done some for other Mossberg owners. It does take some time as he works also (in the oil patch I believe) but I am told he does good work. He will be getting my 9A 3-6 adjustable as soon as I locate new eye piece lenses for it.

greywolf67nt
09-24-2015, 07:49 PM
I found a physical address for them would you happen to have an email address?
Trace Scope Repair PO Box 33009 No. 8-20. Panatella Blvd. N.W. Calgary AB. T3K 1A1

headhunter2
09-24-2015, 08:35 PM
I found a physical address for them would you happen to have an email address?
Trace Scope Repair PO Box 33009 No. 8-20. Panatella Blvd. N.W. Calgary AB. T3K 1A1

I know I had problems with the email address but it finally went through after a few tries. Phil@TraceScopeRepairs.ca

greywolf67nt
09-25-2015, 10:45 PM
I know I had problems with the email address but it finally went through after a few tries. Phil@TraceScopeRepairs.ca

I tried the email and it bounced back. I then tried Phil@TraceScopeRepair.ca and it seems to have gone so now the wait begins.

headhunter2
09-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Sorry I had it on my list with out the "s". Must have been my old fingers leaning on the key board & was too busy to proof read (or missed it proof reading).

greywolf67nt
09-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Phil emailed me this morning so there will be a parcel on the way to Calgary Monday

headhunter2
01-31-2016, 11:41 AM
So greywolf67nt it has been a few months. Do you have it back yet and what do you think?

greywolf67nt
01-31-2016, 06:00 PM
It is like the pieces for that rifle have legs of there own.
I know EXACTLY where I put it and I swear it got up and wandered off somewhere while I was posting on here. My gun/storage room is ONLY 4' wide and 10' long with 2' shelves all down one wall filled with mostly taped up boxes. I KNOW the next time I find it that it will be in one of the taped up boxes.

kennymo
01-31-2016, 06:31 PM
Gun room vortex.... I know it well.....

greywolf67nt
01-31-2016, 08:31 PM
Gun room vortex.... I know it well.....

But INSIDE TAPED BOXES??? How the heck does that happen? Must be some kind of space time transference power they have.