PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared...

harbl_the_cat
05-17-2012, 10:43 AM
So I was banned from CGN, ironically by USP, right before the great culling.

My ban lifts tonight at 7:00 tonight... It's been a nice 4 months without CGN and I doubt I'll go back to actively posting there... still, I might check it out...

Any thoughts?

alvais
05-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Sure, why not? It's another source of information and a place to buy/sell.

Rory McCanuck
05-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I've been taking a break from there, and am quite enjoying it.
I've been back a couple of times in the last week, and a quick
scan of threads revealed just the usual.
Noobs asking the same old same old, and the usual suspects
spouting from the usual soapboxes.
Reading through a few threads just upset me, so I checked
out the EE, and that just made it worse.
Why couldn't I be rich, instead of so good looking?

hillbillyr
05-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Go for it Harble, just tone down on the JBT thang :p

I haven't been back since the great revelations, silencing and infractions. I am may never get over my saltiness.

BuckingFastard
05-17-2012, 01:04 PM
I now just use it for the EE, and Milsurp thread, I don't mind the noob questions, there's some people that need to learn the search function. and rory's right the same people with attitude I could live with out.

Rory McCanuck
05-17-2012, 01:57 PM
I have to admit, I will keep going back to the milsurp
thread, if for nothing else just to listen to smellie and
buffdog share their knowledge. Both of them share freely,
and are quite eloquent.

Stephen
05-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Only an idiot would ignore CGN...Canada's largest gun website. Where else can you find that much information?

50calshooter
05-17-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm not allowed back and if I could I would still probably go there to read. I definitely wouldn't post as much because I don't wanna create any waves.

It's important to note that I don't expect anyone to choose nor does any of the other admins here. We're focused on GOC and making it the best firearms outlet we can while maintaining a community first attitude. It's not so much about the numbers, it's about actually doing something positive to promote gun culture and responsible firearms ownership in this country.

We have our own goals and vision, they have theirs. We're different and I'm OK with that.

BrotherRockeye
05-17-2012, 03:32 PM
I have stopped contributing to the forums like I used to...I now scan the EE and am gone.

The volume of members makes the EE worth while even if it's full of turds.

The forums will live without me, and I without them.

M.T. Chambers
05-18-2012, 06:31 AM
It's dead to me and i don't miss it.

superbrad
05-18-2012, 07:07 AM
I still go there... but I find the atmosphere poisonous.... you can't even post in the hunting thread without people jumping all over you.... I still have many good friends there but I have brought a few of them here...

Joe549
05-18-2012, 07:09 AM
The drama there is starting to mirror SoG....

JeffJames
05-18-2012, 08:39 AM
CGN is a great resource, BUT The attitude of some of the members with 50 000 posts is sickening. I just go there for the EE now...

Huge thanks to Mark for inviting me to this forum.

FlyingHigh
05-18-2012, 09:08 AM
i go there to browse the OT, EE and occasionally the fishing thread. not much else there of interest to me anymore. my posting as slowed way down too. maybe 1 post every couple days if that. GOC is my new home. :)

Otokiak
05-18-2012, 09:12 AM
To the OP I asked, "why not?" Any and all gunsites have info, pics, EE's, etc in them that can be useful. People need to get over whatever BS that annoyed them to quit going to CGN ... I too took a break(was banned actually HAHA) as I was dealing with turdlets and got sick of it ... but went back as I can purchase stuff from the EE, read interesting hunt stories, etc. ;)

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

jonanddad
05-18-2012, 11:54 AM
So did you go back? lol, I go there once a week or every 2 weeks to see whats happening.

Rory McCanuck
05-18-2012, 12:26 PM
I still go there... but I find the atmosphere poisonous.... you can't even post in the hunting thread without people jumping all over you.... I still have many good friends there but I have brought a few of them here...

Exactly. Every thread has snarky comments in it, ever
since the "Clearances"

Grizzly
05-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Only an idiot would ignore CGN...Canada's largest gun website. Where else can you find that much information?

Then I am an idiot, because I won't go back there, I don't care how big they are.

Looky
05-19-2012, 09:57 AM
So I was banned from CGN, ironically by USP, right before the great culling.

My ban lifts tonight at 7:00 tonight... It's been a nice 4 months without CGN and I doubt I'll go back to actively posting there... still, I might check it out...

Any thoughts?

Pussy......... :D
I was wondering where you scatted.

RobSmith
05-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Going back there just ain't an option for me. Like any addiction I went thru some withdrawals, but in the end my stress level is WAY down. The EE was nice though, gave me an idea of what gun XYZ was really worth at any given time.

mlehto
05-19-2012, 11:03 AM
CGN is a great resource, BUT The attitude of some of the members with 50 000 posts is sickening. I just go there for the EE now...

Huge thanks to Mark for inviting me to this forum.

Glad your enjoying it buddy.

We still gotta hit up the range one of these days.

Rory McCanuck
05-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Going back there just ain't an option for me. Like any addiction I went thru some withdrawals, but in the end my stress level is WAY down. The EE was nice though, gave me an idea of what gun XYZ was really worth at any given time.

Yeah, EE price-35% is usually reasonable :D

jrcbecher
05-19-2012, 02:24 PM
No desire to go I didn't like their nit picking down the nose attitude when I visited on the site at a friends house one evening and have heard he's gone now too.

Turkeyslayer 1300
05-19-2012, 02:41 PM
I have stopped contributing to the forums like I used to...I now scan the EE and am gone.

The volume of members makes the EE worth while even if it's full of turds.

The forums will live without me, and I without them.

Exactly my feelings.

jonanddad
05-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Some posts here are getting real close to rule 3

3. No rude or abusive language allowed, including flame wars. We do not allow Gun Owners of Canada.ca to be used to deliberately trash, denigrate, or malign another forum or site. DO NOT drag your board wars over to this site or attempt to use this site as a staging point to start trouble on other sites.

harbl_the_cat
05-22-2012, 02:10 PM
I can't help but laugh at the whole thing now that I think about it.

I got banned because of my "The Road" thread in the General forum and in so doing, missed the civil war. I think the only reason I don't have a life time ban is because of that - because undoubtedly, I would have been a part of the great culling.

With my ban, I had my EE privilege revoked. I reapplied for it, but I'm not going to bother posting there except to buy/sell. I found a few great deals on the EE and sold a lot of guns in the past and if I can't get access to it (and even if I do), CGN's a bit of a no go zone, and I don't plan to go back to except as a trading post.

I am a capitalist first and foremost, after all, and I'd like to see the free market offer competitive alternatives - including and especially in the gun forum market.

C Broad Arrow
05-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Their loss gentlemen...Our gain. There is need for more than one house in a city.

road kill
05-22-2012, 09:00 PM
For sure there are some problems on CGN. I was at a gun shop a few weeks ago and one guy said "holy crap some of those guys would eat their own young". I go back just to make sure my dick doesn`t fall off:D.

blacksmithden
05-23-2012, 01:04 AM
I still cruise by there now and again, but my activity level has fallen off to almost nothing. There are a lot of reasons I don't frequent it as much....most of them everybody already knows. Things are just a little to "off the rails" for my tastes anymore.

BruceW
05-24-2012, 06:51 AM
A lot of changes there in the past year, since last May 2 the number of obvious trolls continually goes up exponentially.

harbl_the_cat
05-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Did they move the EE or did I just get the EE-ban hammer? I can't even see the locked forum.

normmus
05-25-2012, 03:02 PM
It still shows up for me.

BrotherRockeye
05-25-2012, 04:14 PM
it's still there...with nothing to offer lately...

C Broad Arrow
05-27-2012, 07:49 AM
More fraudsters on EE than before.

hillbillyr
05-27-2012, 08:33 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm67/codyantlers/beaver.jpg

BuckingFastard
05-27-2012, 12:52 PM
^^ lol

Strewth
05-27-2012, 05:28 PM
^LOL!- actually more of a maniacal cackle...mcol? Funny picture is funny!

mlehto
05-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Some posts here are getting real close to rule 3

3. No rude or abusive language allowed, including flame wars. We do not allow Gun Owners of Canada.ca to be used to deliberately trash, denigrate, or malign another forum or site. DO NOT drag your board wars over to this site or attempt to use this site as a staging point to start trouble on other sites.

There has been a warning already.

No stabs at CGN please.

Smokechecker
05-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Personally, I don't like the general attitude there. **********EDITED

EDITED: What did I just say? Refer to previous post! :Bang head:

harbl_the_cat
05-29-2012, 04:01 PM
So I found out why I can't see the EE. I had a 10 point infraction that revoked my priviliges to the EE and OT forums (good riddance to the OT - that place brought out the worst in me).

I think I should have access in 2 weeks.

Still, I'd like to see more traffic in the EE here...

jonanddad
05-29-2012, 05:20 PM
So I found out why I can't see the EE. I had a 10 point infraction that revoked my priviliges to the EE and OT forums (good riddance to the OT - that place brought out the worst in me).

I think I should have access in 2 weeks.

Still, I'd like to see more traffic in the EE here...

For that we need more members :) So start inviting your friends

Marcel
06-02-2012, 06:10 AM
I found out about GOC through harbl. I like this site so far, glad to be here!

bccanadian
06-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Their loss is our gain, Otokiak, I liked your story and photos of your Polar Bear hunt. Too bad, you didn't connect. Maybe next time. :)

Asphalt Cowboy
06-04-2012, 04:34 PM
I got banned over there too about a year ago , signed back up here lately but reality tells me to just stay off ..too many know it alls and if you do have a story to tell they call bs ..oh well no loss

ThatGuy
06-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I got tired of trying to have discussions on CGN. Anything that wasn't an opinionated soundbite just got ignored. There's tons of great information there, but I gave it up as a place of community.

Also, I looked into advertising on CGN and was treated....poorly.

Very excited about GoC, though. My experience has been great so far.

jwirecom109
06-05-2012, 08:27 PM
I got tired of trying to have discussions on CGN. Anything that wasn't an opinionated soundbite just got ignored. There's tons of great information there, but I gave it up as a place of community.

Also, I looked into advertising on CGN and was treated....poorly.

Very excited about GoC, though. My experience has been great so far.

Advertising for what?

50calshooter
06-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm locking this for now,

This thread is counter productive and it also really doesn't have much to do with general firearms discussion.