PDA

View Full Version : Various questions

lone-wolf
12-31-2014, 10:37 AM
Can I order ammo from the website?
Can I order magazines from the website that would require being pinned?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

bradofcanada
12-31-2014, 11:36 AM
Hey there Lone-wolf,

If you are Canadian with a pal you can order ammo off any Canadian website.(Keep in mind where you are and shipping costs)

Somebody else can take the next question but I'm pretty sure you need them pinned before you can buy them here in Canada.

Edenchef
12-31-2014, 11:49 AM
Mags have to be pinned, I believe, before they are even allowed into the country. Until they are pinned they are a prohibited device.

Cheers!

FALover
12-31-2014, 12:06 PM
Mags have to be pinned, I believe, before they are even allowed into the country. Until they are pinned they are a prohibited device.

Cheers!

This is how I have read it as well. Unless pinned it can't be imported.

bradofcanada
12-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Can places like Marstar not import them and pin them themselves?

lone-wolf
12-31-2014, 01:40 PM
I think you guys are missing the point...

Aztech is selling off their website, to both american and canadian customers.
So, I have to ask if they'll pin the magazines they sell on their site.

bradofcanada
12-31-2014, 01:52 PM
If they are pinned they are legal,bottom line :)

lone-wolf
12-31-2014, 01:56 PM
If they are pinned they are legal,bottom line :)

No kidding, but that doesn't tell me if the company is pinning them or if I'm stuck ordering 10/10rd magazines.

Foxer
12-31-2014, 02:36 PM
No kidding, but that doesn't tell me if the company is pinning them or if I'm stuck ordering 10/10rd magazines.

Well you need to find out. It may not be illegal for them to ship them, but it sure as hell will be illegal for you to get them here if they're not pinned.

Your only other option if you live close to the border is to order them to a us mail or parcel receiving service (there are many and cheap, only costs when the parcel comes in) and then go and pin them yourself before bringing it back across the border. Take some snap caps to show the guard i guess.

lone-wolf
12-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Well you need to find out.
Holy, why do you think I'm asking the question on their subforum, if not to find out? lol

Foxer
12-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Holy, why do you think I'm asking the question on their subforum, if not to find out? lol

LOL - well perhaps i phrased that poorly, i meant you should probably get them to clarify specifically what state they ship the mags in directly :)

Marshall
12-31-2014, 05:01 PM
Can I order ammo from the website?
Can I order magazines from the website that would require being pinned?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Yes you can order ammo from us. However, our regular shipping cost do not apply as it is very expensive to ship once in Canada.

As for magazines, if you order any magazine from us we pin or block it as required. If you would like us to import a magazine you acquired from another source in the US we charge $10 per mag to make them Canada legal. It is correct that they must be made legal before we import them or CBSA gets to keep them.

lone-wolf
12-31-2014, 05:04 PM
Yes you can order ammo from us. However, our regular shipping cost do not apply as it is very expensive to ship once in Canada.

As for magazines, if you order any magazine from us we pin or block it as required. If you would like us to import a magazine you acquired from another source in the US we charge $10 per mag to make them Canada legal. It is correct that they must be made legal before we import them or CBSA gets to keep them.

Awesome, I already seen some good prices on your website for hard to find(or crazy expensive) magazines in Canada.

Marshall
12-31-2014, 05:07 PM
We have a lot of products available that are not loaded on the site as well, so if you don't see it just ask and we can likely get it for you.

blacksmithden
12-31-2014, 05:24 PM
Can places like Marstar not import them and pin them themselves?

Oh....we had that discussion with the CFO inspector when we were getting our firearm dealers license. There is exactly ONE way to pull that off. You MUST have a contract with a government agency that is allowed to buy unpinned magazines. Even then, ordering in a bunch in that aren't done, and pinning half of them to be sold to the public is not allowed. That being said, I know of at least one retailer who's doing it quietly. No, it's not us. No it's not Marstar (that I know of) and I'm not going to elaborate because that's just being a rat. I just know it's being done.

The official answer is NO NO NO, they aren't allowed to do that.

ponymusic
01-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Oh....we had that discussion with the CFO inspector when we were getting our firearm dealers license. There is exactly ONE way to pull that off. You MUST have a contract with a government agency that is allowed to buy unpinned magazines. Even then, ordering in a bunch in that aren't done, and pinning half of them to be sold to the public is not allowed. That being said, I know of at least one retailer who's doing it quietly. No, it's not us. No it's not Marstar (that I know of) and I'm not going to elaborate because that's just being a rat. I just know it's being done.

The official answer is NO NO NO, they aren't allowed to do that.Hopefully no CFO types ever read your post. It might be 'uncomfortable' for you when your licence renewal time comes.

Marshall
01-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Well you need to find out. It may not be illegal for them to ship them, but it sure as hell will be illegal for you to get them here if they're not pinned.

Your only other option if you live close to the border is to order them to a us mail or parcel receiving service (there are many and cheap, only costs when the parcel comes in) and then go and pin them yourself before bringing it back across the border. Take some snap caps to show the guard i guess.

With all due respect Foxer, that is bad advice.
Fact is it's illegal to export them from the US unless you are registered with the DDTC. The CBSA (Canadian Customs) won't care, but if you get stopped at a random check by the CBP (US Customs) on the way out - yes they do that - the best case scenario is that they confiscate your parts and put you on a list that will get you shaken down every time you head south from then until forever. This applies to all firearms parts listed on the USML (United State Munitions List)... including ammo.

Here's a link to the USML for reference... https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/documents/official_itar/ITAR_Part_121.pdf (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/documents/official_itar/ITAR_Part_121.pdf)

If you have any questions about this please let me know and I'll be happy to provide clarification.

Foxer
01-09-2015, 03:32 PM
With all due respect Foxer, that is bad advice.
Fact is it's illegal to export them from the US unless you are registered with the DDTC. The CBSA (Canadian Customs) won't care, but if you get stopped at a random check by the CBP (US Customs) on the way out - yes they do that - the best case scenario is that they confiscate your parts and put you on a list that will get you shaken down every time you head south from then until forever. This applies to all firearms parts listed on the USML (United State Munitions List)... including ammo.

Here's a link to the USML for reference... https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/documents/official_itar/ITAR_Part_121.pdf (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/documents/official_itar/ITAR_Part_121.pdf)

If you have any questions about this please let me know and I'll be happy to provide clarification.
Ahh - so you'd skirt our magazine laws only to run afoul of the american export laws.

So much for 'free trade' :)

Marshall
01-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Ahh - so you'd skirt our magazine laws only to run afoul of the american export laws.

So much for 'free trade' :)

Sad but true... Freedom isn't Free afterall. I know hundreds of us get away with on a regular basis, especially with ammo, but we all should know the risk.

lone-wolf
01-09-2015, 05:12 PM
One thing I'd like to see is KCI magazines, specifically for the m1 carbine.

Marshall
01-09-2015, 06:13 PM
One thing I'd like to see is KCI magazines, specifically for the m1 carbine.

I do have a source for those. They aren't showing up on our site, but I think the price would be $19.95 each. I'd have to double check that price, but let me know if you're interested.
That would be for a 30 round mag, pinned to 5 rounds and then imported. There would be shipping and GST, but no other charges.

lone-wolf
01-09-2015, 06:42 PM
What about the 5/15rd ones? I prefer them for the m1.

It's not something I will be ordering right away, but sometime this year I'd like to order some oem glock 22 & m1 carbine magazines.

Marshall
01-09-2015, 07:34 PM
I completely understand... I use only 10 rounders in mine. I don't like the look of the oversize ones.

Here's a link to our page of 30 Carbine mags. All would be blocked to 5 rounds... http://www.aztecharmory.com/30-carbine-c-582_160.html

And here's what we have for Glock .40 mags. All would be blocked to 10 rounds (unless they are factory 10 rounders)... http://www.aztecharmory.com/40-sw-c-582_148.html?filter_id=567&sort=2a

Also, as with KCI, we can get just about anything, so if you find something somewhere else, just let us know and we'll see what we can do.

lone-wolf
01-09-2015, 07:48 PM
I completely understand... I use only 10 rounders in mine. I don't like the look of the oversize ones.

What brand are you using?

Marshall
01-09-2015, 09:06 PM
What brand are you using?

First let me correct myself... I said 10 round, but I meant 15 round. Mostly just old USGI ones. I pick them up at gun shows in the states whenever I can... Usually pay about 15 bucks. Let me know if you want some of those and I'll keep my eye out for them.

lone-wolf
01-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Yea, usgi is supposed to be the best, I have a kci one though and it seems well made and functions well.
Just the 'last shot hold open' follower is annoying in it, pointless.
Don't bother looking out for usgi ones on my behalf, but some 15rd KCI ones in the future I'd be interested in when I'm ready to order.

Marshall
01-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Okay, just let me know when you're ready and we'll source them for you.