PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Limited Edition Lever

Spence
01-03-2015, 04:33 PM
The 336c limited edition is out. Looks nice but a bit skimpy on the gold inlay. That Italian company, forget it's name, does a time consuming artist work on their levers. Gold is everywhere, but I think they run upwards 900.

Can't find a Canadian outlet that carries yet. In the US I think I saw a limited at 600+, in Canada it should be no more than 740. Can't wait to see the retailers overprice these one more time. I'm for stores making some profit but they shouldn't go nuts on this one. Walnut should be grade A not B. Why are they so against using top quality wood in these things.?

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/centerfire/336CLE.asp

Rory McCanuck
01-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Actually, that doesn't look bad.
I'm not usually a fan of pimped out cowboy guns; this one doesn't look gaudy.
Not hard to tell bean counters are running the show, though.
Fleurs de lis look nice, but this is a Marlin, not a Winchester.
Way to degrade the brand some more :rolleyes:

blacksmithden
01-03-2015, 07:42 PM
The 336c limited edition is out. Looks nice but a bit skimpy on the gold inlay. That Italian company, forget it's name, does a time consuming artist work on their levers. Gold is everywhere, but I think they run upwards 900.

Can't find a Canadian outlet that carries yet. In the US I think I saw a limited at 600+, in Canada it should be no more than 740. Can't wait to see the retailers overprice these one more time. I'm for stores making some profit but they shouldn't go nuts on this one. Walnut should be grade A not B. Why are they so against using top quality wood in these things.?

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/centerfire/336CLE.asp

Just a hunch....because most people can't tell the difference, and it drives the cost up even higher for people who are already complaining about the price ? ;)

Spence
01-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Wouldn't take more than 2 board feet of Walnut in the whole thing. Maybe 12-15 bucks added.

I just noticed, looks like the gold rider is on one side only. Nahhh, they couldn't be that cheap on a promo rifle would they?.

lone-wolf
01-03-2015, 08:01 PM
A gun with gold everywhere, and you say 'upwards of $900'
$900 isn't a lot of money for a good gun.

Rory McCanuck
01-03-2015, 10:35 PM
A gun with gold everywhere, and you say 'upwards of $900'
$900 isn't a lot of money for a good gun.

No, but it is basically just a tarted up $450 30-30.
$650-700 for this is pretty fair, I think.

Carol Ann
01-04-2015, 04:13 PM
We had them in stock for a bit but they sold out very quickly. They are pretty scarce now. Our price is $749 USD. Shipping is $14.95. No additional import fees to Canada.
If anyone is interested, let us know and we'll put our feelers out.