PDA

View Full Version : EPIC: Vomit Ray Gun

Canuck
05-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Remember that night in college when you and your buddies went 11-0 in beer pong and subsequently woke up feeling like death had grabbed your stomach and is trying to eject it from your body through an all night vomit session? Well, the US Navy has, and they've decided that they're gonna take that hungover feeling and turn it into a gun. Hell yeah, America.

It's called EPIC, or Electromagnetic Personnel Interdiction Control, which is science-speak for "I'm gonna shoot this laser at you Star Trek style until you puke yourself silly." It uses radio frequencies to scramble your ear equilibriums and turn you from upstanding citizen to face planting drunken sailor in seconds flat. The second side effect? Massive motion sickness and uncontrollable vomiting. And it gets even better...the radio frequencies can go through walls. Sweet baby Jesus this gun is effective. It's almost overkill that they decided to add their last touch of badassery by making the acronym "EPIC". No wonder so many people are interested in this gun. It doesn't jam up, and it can work in all kinds of weather. That means even if it rains, you can still bring 'da pain. (I should write their jingle, I'll work for commission only).

The U.S. Navy awarded a 100,000 dollar contract to the Invocon firm for more research. (Although, if you gave me 40 bucks to buy fifteen Four Lokos, those could make a room full of people pass out and vomit too.) It is still currently in a research phase, but apparently they already have had successful demonstrations. You think your job is bad? Imagine the poor guy who had to withstand this. This gun is less harmful than the Raytheon Ray Gun, which will have it's own article coming soon. EPIC is only one of many so-called "puke guns" that are in development and used by various departments and countries, including one used by Scottish sailors to protect ships from piracy in the Gulf of Aden. My favorite part about EPIC is the fact that on the actual contract it lists the Navy's need for a "Star Trek handheld phaser weapon set on Stun". The Navy is getting geek with it, and I salute them for that.

jwirecom109
05-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Does it work on hippies and rioters?

jonanddad
05-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Interesting... this could be good and bad.

jrcbecher
05-20-2012, 03:55 PM
test fire G20 ????????

Canuck
05-20-2012, 04:52 PM
test fire G20 ????????

Montreal?

hillbillyr
05-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Comming to an Occupy near you

road kill
05-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Wouldn`t that be nice to clean up 10,000 rioters throwing up in the same place. Glad i live in the country the only riots i have is when the cows get hungry.:)

hillbillyr
05-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Wouldn`t that be nice to clean up 10,000 rioters throwing up in the same place. Glad i live in the country the only riots i have is when the cows get hungry.:)

Hallelujah brother

mlehto
05-30-2012, 04:01 PM
LOL.

Sorry for the Russian spam folks.

All taken care of. At least for now. ;)