PDA

View Full Version : K12 PUMA

adrielm
01-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Semi-auto, mag-fed, bullpup shotgun. $899 at Lever Arms.

Kind of came out of left field; I had no idea these were even being imported.

http://www.leverarms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/s/2sized.jpg

lone-wolf
01-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Can't find any info on them except what seems like a customs receipt for lever arms

Container No.
FCIU4556359
Number of Pieces
40 PCS
Net Weight
4000KG
Declared Value
$80000

Daniel_250r
01-09-2015, 06:21 PM
If they disasemble easy and have a chrome lined barrel ill buy one

lone-wolf
01-09-2015, 06:38 PM
chrome lined barrel for a shotgun?

Daniel_250r
01-09-2015, 08:11 PM
The emei 1897 has it why not

lone-wolf
01-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Well, I guess you don't have to worry about accuracy, so sure, chrome the entire gun.

bjs7293
01-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Maybe the next version of the T97 in 223 will be like these.......

Foxer
01-09-2015, 08:41 PM
chrome lined barrel for a shotgun?

some shotguns do.

Foxer
01-09-2015, 08:41 PM
I sure would like to know more about these - I hadn't heard a thing!

lone-wolf
01-09-2015, 08:51 PM
some shotguns do.

Some rifles too, doesn't make it a logical reason to buy or not buy a firearm.
Unless I put cgn in my browser.

Foxer
01-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Some rifles too, doesn't make it a logical reason to buy or not buy a firearm.
Unless I put cgn in my browser.

I think putting 'cgn' in your browser and hoping for logic is probably a tad optimistic :)

DILLIGAF
01-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Can't find any info on them except what seems like a customs receipt for lever arms

Container No.
FCIU4556359
Number of Pieces
40 PCS
Net Weight
4000KG
Declared Value
$80000

That would make it 2000$ each...

Foxer
01-09-2015, 09:07 PM
On the issue of chrome lined bores/barrels, just for those who don't really know it's a thin durable chrome lining that a lot of italian manufacturers like which just makes it so you don't have to polish the steel as much. A well polished steel barrel/bore and a chrome lined one are pretty much identical in all practical ways as near as i can tell. I have some chrome, i have steel. If your steel is getting sticky or ejection is a bit of an issue, a little polishing will take care of that. I'm told that chrome'ing is a little more mechanically expensive to set up for, but cheaper in the long run as it's less labour intensive. Two sides of the same coin. It makes no real difference to the end user other than to tell you that the bore probably won't need any polishing from you once you get it, but that's also true of most shotguns and worst case you saved yourself about 10 minutes of work.

DILLIGAF
01-09-2015, 09:11 PM
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10887222_10153038324198552_7331599222044065153_o.j pg
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10914900_10153038324938552_2514797101437029291_o.j pg

lone-wolf
01-09-2015, 10:19 PM
That would make it 2000$ each...

insurance?

Tactical72
01-10-2015, 06:24 AM
I just had to order one. There goes another grand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strewth
01-10-2015, 09:18 AM
Is that yours Dilligaf? Very cool. Details, man, details!
Does it feed well? How's the trigger? How's the mag release? Does it seat the mags nicely? How's the recoil? Spare mags? Are the mags cross compatible with anything else?

Daniel_250r
01-10-2015, 09:43 AM
What manufacturer markings are on it?

Foxer
01-10-2015, 11:10 AM
How is this in stores and people are buying it and there's NO information or even a youtube video? - doesn't the distributor want us to know about it? I"ve heard of squirrel guns before but not secret squirrel guns...

lone-wolf
01-10-2015, 11:14 AM

They're from china. (sorry if they sounded condescending)
I'd love to see a video from the guys who bought one.

Daniel_250r
01-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Im wondering if theyre marked norinco

Tactical72
01-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Mine is being shipped out Monday. I'll answer questions and maybe make a quick YouTube video when it is in my hands.

Daniel_250r
01-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Hopefully lever handles qc problems better than north sylva. Some of us are still bitter over the barrel gouge t97nsr's and ftf problems. Even if the barrel isnt chrome lined which wouldnt suprise me considering the catamount fury shotguns are unchromed id still buy one im just not going to be the guinea pig this time. Ill wait for a gen 2.

Sinbad
01-10-2015, 09:15 PM

It's a Norinco I asked but it says lever arms ltd on the rifle made in china.It's fashioned after the Type 97.But has a ambidextrous charging lever. I went there yesterday when I received their newsletter,since there was no info at the time,I bought one of the first dozen,the guy in the store said I was one of ten that day when they released it.
It wasn't mentioned because they had a exclusive deal and had input in the design,I was told they didn't want to take pre orders because who knows what can go wrong.Can you blame them after the type 97A fiasco where they got ripped. They said this has been in the works for 2 years.I haven't shot it yet. Extra mags are apparently on the way.But it looks like one sweet shot gun.I took one look and had to buy it.
Non restricted semi auto,magazine fed ,full length picatinny top rail with side rails.What's not to like. it's 2 3/4 only.If this was made anywhere but China you'd pay 3 grand for sure

Foxer
01-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Can you blame them after the type 97A fiasco where they got ripped.

Certainly not. but you know, now that they're here and all, maybe it's time to release a little info :)

Mind you - sounds like their sales don't really need a whole lotta extra help.

Sinbad
01-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Actually they said they were going to release more info soon.I know it comes apart easy,It has those big pins you push out like on the AR's ,Ksg and Kriss Vector's.
Like I said they don't have any extra mags at the moment,they'll be here soon and your right about the sales there selling like hot cakes since I know of no others like it,there's that AR shot gun but that restricted

Certainly not. but you know, now that they're here and all, maybe it's time to release a little info :)

Mind you - sounds like their sales don't really need a whole lotta extra help.

Foxer
01-10-2015, 09:55 PM
and your right about the sales there selling like hot cakes since I know of no others like it,there's that AR shot gun but that restricted

They are indeed the only one of their breed i've ever heard of in Canada. Bull pups aren't really my thing but i'm sure there's a million guys who'd like to get their hands on one if it's a decent gun in operation.

kennymo
01-10-2015, 10:30 PM
Interchangeable choke tubes? It would be so much fun to show up in the goose pit with one of those, raise some eyebrows for sure.

Gaidheal
01-11-2015, 07:15 AM
Skeet with a chest rig.

haha

Tactical72
01-28-2015, 03:29 PM
I have mine in my hands now. Headed to the range to get some video soon.

Frank@NorthTrail
01-28-2015, 03:35 PM

Look forward to it. If the initial feedback is positive and extra mags come available, I may take the plunge.

Satain
01-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Maybe the next version of the T97 in 223 will be like these.......
Hey buddy...
"I heard it threw the grape vine..."
You like that song?
I only like it when it becomes a reality. Say by the end of summer :p

Strewth
01-29-2015, 10:32 PM

Excellent, we'd love to hear about it!

Tactical72
01-30-2015, 06:27 PM
My video making talents leave something to be desired, but here it is. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/eoYrUH_tS1U

Foxer
01-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Very in depth and detailed - thanks for taking the time.

Tactical72
01-30-2015, 06:40 PM
Very in depth and detailed - thanks for taking the time.

It was my pleasure.

Strewth
01-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Yes, thank you! I'm happy you pointed out any flaws you saw; good to know about the (weird) safety. As always I loved the instructions:).
How does your scope hold up on the rail? I assume it's polymer?
Good to be informed the mag won't hold absolutely everything.

Tactical72
01-31-2015, 11:03 AM
Thank you.

I didn't think there was any point in sugar coating it. Overall it seems like a great gun, but it could be improved.

It does have a polymer rail, but I can't say how solid it is yet. I didn't take time to zero the optic because it's not what I want on it long term.

superbad
02-07-2015, 01:16 AM
i was at lever arms last weekend when someone came in from cgn and asked him a ton of questions, he had alot of pages with him and the guy at lever started telling him that his friend made this shotgun as a riot gun 10 years ago for the hong kong police force. they talked for a good 20 minutes and i had to leave, i looked at it but bullpups arent my thing. The cgn guy had a ton of questions lol

Satain
02-08-2015, 12:27 AM
i was at lever arms last weekend when someone came in from cgn and asked him a ton of questions, he had alot of pages with him and the guy at lever started telling him that his friend made this shotgun as a riot gun 10 years ago for the hong kong police force. they talked for a good 20 minutes and i had to leave, i looked at it but bullpups arent my thing. The cgn guy had a ton of questions lol
Sucked to be him...
I heard that there is a carbine version in the works but they can't say it publicly cause they don't want the T97 bs

Satain
02-08-2015, 12:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6GDRji4IaA

Satain
02-08-2015, 12:38 AM
Yes, thank you! I'm happy you pointed out any flaws you saw; good to know about the (weird) safety. As always I loved the instructions:).
How does your scope hold up on the rail? I assume it's polymer?
Good to be informed the mag won't hold absolutely everything.
Safety isn't a big thing since I was always taught that my trigger finger is the ultimate safety.
The upper is screwed right to the gas system and a lossy goosy dovetail mount but there is no way it can't be centered to the barrel due to the design.
Sucky thing is that mine came with what appeared to be rust spots on certain area's.
Oh well...
At least that I know a painter :P
I am going to shoot the $h@t out of it tomorrow. So I will fill yeah in on how she runs.
So far I hate lever arms but I have to put my foot in my mouth cause this is 1 nice piece of gear.

Satain
02-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Well I shot it & LUV IT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eoOSzTCDc&list=UUxtZSV1Q29orB9knKu8jRzg
Dominion slug's will not cycle this gun. Not a problem cause I am going to correct that by increasing the port. Also the small gas setting is only for magnum loads or it turns this shotgun into a straight pull.
Did I say how much I LUV this shotgun???
Trap & skeet loads rocked. Although since there is no choke on it the spread was crazy!!!
Trigger pull is amazing for a bullpup but the bolt release lever is quite harsh.
Any other questions feel free to shot :P

Weekend Gunslingers
02-08-2015, 10:20 PM
tagged

Canada_Phil
06-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Detailed info on this unique gun is very tough to find.

For those that took the guinea pig plunge and have a Puma, can you clarify this for me...

I know there is a lot of polymer on this gun, but is there a metal shroud of some kind around the action?.. For safety sake.

Im thinking of something along the lines of KelTec RFB 308 bullpup where there is a robust 2 layers of steel to protect one's head and face in the event of a "mishap".

Is there a metal shield on this gun?

Tactical72
06-05-2015, 03:52 PM
No shields. If there was a major bolt or chamber failure all that stands between you and shrapnel is a layer of polymer. That being said, I would say the action is robust and believe a failure is unlikely.

Bolt closed.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/05/3246e9ddfa7a67514a3e27fab23cc3cc.jpgBolt open.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/05/33b796d925d0a876a5776ed269c631d9.jpg Some parts omitted for clarity.

Canada_Phil
06-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Hey, THANKS! for that reply.

Thats how it appeared to me based on what I could make out in the tear down images from some of the previous posts, but I needed to make sure.

Damn... I was getting ready to plunk down the money for one of these, but I will have to rethink this for awhile. Another issue seems to be magazine availability at this time... As in none?

It looks like there were 2 mags originally included based on vids in this topic, but the Lever Arms site says only 1 is included?.. I wonder if they changed that after the first batch they sold.

This gun definitely gets my attention... I'll give it that. But, i think I better still stay on the fence for now.

Zinilin
06-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Caliber has a write-up on these in new issue (volume 3, issue 3) that just arrived in my mailbox.

Satain
06-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Hey, THANKS! for that reply.

Thats how it appeared to me based on what I could make out in the tear down images from some of the previous posts, but I needed to make sure.

Damn... I was getting ready to plunk down the money for one of these, but I will have to rethink this for awhile. Another issue seems to be magazine availability at this time... As in none?

It looks like there were 2 mags originally included based on vids in this topic, but the Lever Arms site says only 1 is included?.. I wonder if they changed that after the first batch they sold.

This gun definitely gets my attention... I'll give it that. But, i think I better still stay on the fence for now.
1 magazine comes with it and Lever Arms sells them for $75 a pop extra

bigbusa
07-05-2015, 08:00 PM
Any news on if these are acceptable on form 6 NIA's . can I take them to the USA for matches?

I like the looks, I Want a bull pup in my collection & Like the price tag.
Only 5 round mags, this is a drawback. They should have 10 rounders pinned to 5 available (can be handy for those who shoot 3G in the US).
Don't like the price of mags. (give them to me for under 40$ a pop I may consider it. Mk 1919 has 10 rounders for 39$ us. ) .
Don't understand why the mag release is put to the side, rather than the front side like the tavor (see attached video) , is it accessible by thumb while keeping grip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgNjfXbjrk0

Personally I would rather the MK1919, but it's ugly as sin, and by the time you are finished giving it an acceptable appearance, its in the 1300$ range (but then add the price tag for mags on the puma, and you are right up there). MK1919 is restricted. Ergo is better on AR style rifles. ergh...

ergh decisions decisions.

Joemama
08-06-2015, 02:10 PM
My findings as of now August

--It will still not cycle with target loads but has no problem with hi-brass buckshot and slugs. 100 rounds of Winchester superX target, 20 Remington 000 buck, 10 federal slugs and 29 challenger first class target.
--The gun appears to rust really easily. I find the internals covered in rust the day after I take it shooting. no humidity, no rain, and plenty of oil (dura Lube all purpose)
-- there is a chip in the top rail cover which has not gotten larger or led to cracking.
-- rails are still tight and no cracking has occurred around the brass insert areas.
-- charging handle is small and uncomfortable
-- magazine: if reassembled with the magazine plate tab (a 90 degree lip on the magazine plate) on the inside of the magazine. The magazine will become very hard to disassemble to reassemble correctly.

recommended accessories
- vertical grip and barrel mount on the barrel
-some sort of extended charging handle.

Aftermarket/ spare factory parts I would like to see
- #1 magazines
- #2 replacement trigger group springs.
- #3 an extended/ better safety lever
- #4 extended charging handle.

The only thing I would change other than charging handle is lower. I would like to see a potential future design having a lower with the vertical grip/ trigger extended and connected to the bottom of the pistol grip much like the Tavor .The lower could be extended out down the barrel with a rail to allow the use of a vertical grip.

I will try to get a longer video out of the gun in use.

bigbusa
09-05-2015, 05:56 PM
My findings as of now August

--It will still not cycle with target loads but has no problem with hi-brass buckshot and slugs. 100 rounds of Winchester superX target, 20 Remington 000 buck, 10 federal slugs and 29 challenger first class target.
--The gun appears to rust really easily. I find the internals covered in rust the day after I take it shooting. no humidity, no rain, and plenty of oil (dura Lube all purpose)
-- there is a chip in the top rail cover which has not gotten larger or led to cracking.
-- rails are still tight and no cracking has occurred around the brass insert areas.
-- charging handle is small and uncomfortable
-- magazine: if reassembled with the magazine plate tab (a 90 degree lip on the magazine plate) on the inside of the magazine. The magazine will become very hard to disassemble to reassemble correctly.

recommended accessories
- vertical grip and barrel mount on the barrel
-some sort of extended charging handle.

Aftermarket/ spare factory parts I would like to see
- #1 magazines
- #2 replacement trigger group springs.
- #3 an extended/ better safety lever
- #4 extended charging handle.

The only thing I would change other than charging handle is lower. I would like to see a potential future design having a lower with the vertical grip/ trigger extended and connected to the bottom of the pistol grip much like the Tavor .The lower could be extended out down the barrel with a rail to allow the use of a vertical grip.

I will try to get a longer video out of the gun in use.

Question is are you happy with it? Would you make the buy again knowing what you know?
As for the trigger have you tried polishing it ?
The rust bit has me a bit nervous.

harbl_the_cat
01-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Anyone know if the lower handguard on these can swap out with a T97?