PDA

View Full Version : SHOT Show Requests

Marshall
01-13-2015, 12:05 PM
We will finalizing our SHOT Show itinerary this weekend.

If anyone has any specific questions they would like us to ask any manufacturers please let me know and we will try to get you the answers.

lone-wolf
01-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Armscor... Is the .22tcm ever going to arrive in Canada?
More specifically to gun owner's benefit due to our laws...
Can the rifle with 17rd magazines be brought in first, before the pistol?

zulu
01-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Magpul hunter 700 chassis

jwirecom109
01-18-2015, 09:05 PM
PICTURES!

lone-wolf
01-18-2015, 09:09 PM
http://www.jardinc.com/, is the canadian legal Jard J48 going to happen? Progress?
http://masterpiecearms.com/, update on the MPAR556 coming to Canada?
Faxon Firearms, update on a Canadian legal ARAK?

Marshall
01-18-2015, 11:18 PM
Okay, I have these all on the list. I'll try to get updates posted throughout the week.

Marshall
01-18-2015, 11:19 PM
PICTURES!

Great idea!
Carol Ann says she will start a thread for photos and post as we go.

Marshall
01-19-2015, 11:44 AM

Just thinking about this one... At first it made sense, but then I realized that even though it launches a .22 calibre projectile, it is still center fire. Because of this I think it would be best to bring in the pistols first with 10rd mags that way the carbines can use the pistol mags rather than being limited to 5 rds as it would be if was a rifle/carbine mag.
Let me know your thoughts...

lone-wolf
01-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Just thinking about this one... At first it made sense, but then I realized that even though it launches a .22 calibre projectile, it is still center fire. Because of this I think it would be best to bring in the pistols first with 10rd mags that way the carbines can use the pistol mags rather than being limited to 5 rds as it would be if was a rifle/carbine mag.
Let me know your thoughts...

They have a bolt action rifle, so the 17rd magazines would be OK if sold as designed for the rifle.
Then later, those 17rd magazines happen to fit the pistol as well.

I doubt the rcmp will let that fly, but I can hope.
I don't really need a 17rd bolt action rifle, but I'm sure anyone who gets the handgun would like a full magazine.

Marshall
01-19-2015, 09:37 PM
They have a bolt action rifle, so the 17rd magazines would be OK if sold as designed for the rifle.
Then later, those 17rd magazines happen to fit the pistol as well.

I doubt the rcmp will let that fly, but I can hope.
I don't really need a 17rd bolt action rifle, but I'm sure anyone who gets the handgun would like a full magazine.

Thank you sir... I have been so focused on various AR based projects lately I was thinking semi-auto rifle.

I know one of the guys at Armscorp from previous shows, so I'll be having a conversation with him for sure. If they're willing to work with us, then we'll see how it goes from there.

Full magazines are good, plus I can't think of a good reason not to have a 17rd mag in a bolt action varmint rifle.

lone-wolf
01-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Might be a hit with the gopher hunters, although I'd like to see some design changes to the rifle(it's a really short action, and shorter bolt lift would make it even faster, and since it's a pistol round - the barrel could be shortened on the rifle as I doubt the extra length adds much benefit)

Mark-II
01-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Info on Winchester lever guns. I've already seen pics of a new '73 rifle that has me interested

Carol Ann
01-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Great idea!
Carol Ann says she will start a thread for photos and post as we go.

As much as I would love to share photos of this awesome event, I read through their rules. Unfortunately it is against their attendance policy and the penalty, if caught, is being kicked out of this show and banned from future shows. Pretty serious repercussions. Since I am all about following the rules, I will not be taking any photos at SHOT. Sorry.

Marshall
01-20-2015, 01:01 PM
As much as I would love to share photos of this awesome event, I read through their rules. Unfortunately it is against their attendance policy and the penalty, if caught, is being kicked out of this show and banned from future shows. Pretty serious repercussions. Since I am all about following the rules, I will not be taking any photos at SHOT. Sorry.

:awww ...No sense of adventure, eh?...

jwirecom109
01-20-2015, 01:19 PM

Fair enough, Thanks for trying!

Marshall
01-22-2015, 11:27 PM
http://www.jardinc.com/, is the canadian legal Jard J48 going to happen? Progress?

Jard is not at SHOT, but I'll contact them directly next week.
MPAR556 is still waiting for FRT classification... it's a long story, but they're working on it. I'll be following up on that soon and will keep you posted on any updates.
I'll be seeing Faxon tomorrow, so I'll find out the story on the ARAK and post again tomorrow night.

Marshall
01-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Info on Winchester lever guns. I've already seen pics of a new '73 rifle that has me interested

I had a look at the new '73 and I have to say I'm impressed. No ugly external safety like on the '94, but it does have a striker block which won't allow the hammer to contact the firing pin unless the trigger is fully pressed.
The action is very smooth and feels like it has a short stroke kit and the trigger is crisp and light.
I talked to one of the engineers and he said they completely tore down an original gun and recreated it a close as they possibly could while making a few minor internal improvements.
They are offering it in .357/.38, .45 LC and of course .44-40. All three are available as short rifles with a 20" round barrel in either blued finish or case hardened. They also have a 24" octagon barrel version in either .38/.357 or .44-40 which is done in the color case hardened finish only.
We have a couple of sources for them so if anyone is interested let us know and we'll get you a price and availability.

Marshall
01-22-2015, 11:54 PM
Magpul hunter 700 chassis

Nice! I want one! They only had prototypes on display, but they expect to be shipping to distributors around the middle of March, so we should have them available around the beginning of April . Let us know if you want one too and we'll pre-order it for you.

Marshall
01-23-2015, 11:00 PM

The ARAK is coming. We talked to the president of the company and he said he will keep us updated. They are about 2 weeks away from having everything ready to submit to the RCMP to get the FRT number. If all goes to plan it will be non-restricted. As soon as I know more I will post here.

Marshall
01-24-2015, 12:03 AM

Rock Island Armory .22 TCM pistols are on the FRT now, but not the carbine so that means the 17 rd mags are pistol mags as far as the RCMP are concerned.
I did ask him if they would make magazines that are marked for the carbine, but he said he doubted that would happen. He did suggest that I talk to management though, so I'll follow up on that and see what happens.
We list the pistols and Armscor has no problem with us selling them in Canada, but unfortunately they are out of stock right now. If anyone is interested, let me know which configuration and we'll put it on stock watch.

lone-wolf
01-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Thank you Marshall! It's pretty awesome to see my questions taken seriously and asked.

Mark-II
01-27-2015, 12:19 PM
http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?20065-New-Garand-Repro-in-22-LR-introduced-at-SHOT-Show

These!

Marshall
01-27-2015, 05:15 PM
http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/showthread.php?20065-New-Garand-Repro-in-22-LR-introduced-at-SHOT-Show

These!

No surprise that these are getting some attention. I had a close look at them myself and I'm very interested. We were only able to talk to the son and he wasn't sure about the business side of things but was very familiar with the guns. He mentioned that they're working on a Springfield 1903 as well which should be done this summer.
We have their contact info and will be following up later this week to get a dealer account set up. I'll post a new thread once we have confirmed that we have them available.