PDA

View Full Version : Oldest hockey stick

CaperJim
01-16-2015, 08:55 PM
http://ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/local-arts/history-museum-pays-300000-for-worlds-oldest-hockey-stick

When he bought an ancient stick with a curved blade for $1,000 in 2008 from a barber in North Sydney, N.S., Mark Presley had no idea he’d acquired the world’s oldest hockey stick.

He wasn’t even certain the object was a hockey stick. “But it was interesting and it was different,” Presley said Friday at the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau. “It really was almost a curiosity. I didn’t expect much beyond that.”

The museum announced Friday it had acquired the ‘Moffatt stick’ from Presley for $300,000. Research has established that a member of the Moffatt family handcrafted it from a single piece of sugar maple between 1835 and 1838 in Cape Breton...

Interesting story, I pass by this barber every day. Hit the link for the complete article

blacksmithden
01-17-2015, 12:01 AM
Please tell me my tax dollars didn't partially fund the purchase of a $300,000 hockey stick that wasn't made of solid gold.

I can't help but wonder what these libtards would do if they didn't have other people's money to spend.