PDA

View Full Version : Polymer stripper clips for K31!

kennymo
02-06-2015, 09:03 AM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/21/polymer-k31-charger-clips/

Looks like a US manufacturer is doing a run of polymer chargers for our K31's! Supposedly some Canadian retailers will be picking these up, as heard elsewhere...

Mark-II
02-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Mosin nagant ones work also. Particularly if they are ones too tight for 54R

kennymo
02-06-2015, 10:51 AM
^^ I have heard that, haven't remembered it on any range trips with the Swiss yet though...

Mark-II
02-06-2015, 02:29 PM
I used some with the k11 before I sold it. I got a few Swiss chargers from CSC last year but I've still not shot my k31

Bought some surplus ammo on sale at WSS so this year I'll be shooting it.

Does anyone buy that Berdan primed brass or is it just junk? I've got privi stuff for reloading

kennymo
02-06-2015, 02:32 PM
The PRVI brass seems like very nice stuff. I've got a pile of once fired waiting for me to get off my wallet and order dies. Should've bought those instead of jumping the gun on 8x56....

Fiddler
02-08-2015, 08:50 AM
K-31 chargers work really well if you have not tried them. I have a couple of surplus ones that I use but availability is really hit and miss in some places. Although so is GP11 ammunition. When this stuff goes on sale make sure you're ready to grab some. Original kit is nice but short of that an aftermarket item will do just as well. I recommend a couple of chargers if you shoot a K 31.

Even more rare is soft points for hunting in 7.5x55. As much as I don't want to load for a another caliber I'm waiting to find a dozen boxes of commercial loads with good brass. The inconsistency of supply for this wonderful rifle is concerning. I grab what I can as this is such a nice rifle to shoot.

kennymo
02-08-2015, 10:49 AM
The PRVI is available in soft point hunting rounds. Haven't had the pleasure yet, but their FMJ seems to do very well in my rifle. And again, it seems like real nice stuff for reloading. I've got a pile of 165gr SST's left over from my 300 Win mag days, I'm hoping they'll shoot well in the K31.

3MTA3
02-20-2015, 05:20 AM
I loaded the SST's for my K-31 and they worked very well.

Vintagerifle
06-04-2015, 06:57 AM
Anyone heard of any canadian retailers getting any of these in yet? Northridge has an ebay store where one could likely get them but with shipping they come out to like 25$ea! If anyone could point me to a place in canada that has them, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

SereneCarbine
06-17-2015, 03:38 AM
Anyone heard of any canadian retailers getting any of these in yet? Northridge has an ebay store where one could likely get them but with shipping they come out to like 25$ea! If anyone could point me to a place in canada that has them, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
New Swiss polymer charger clips are currently available at Corwin Arms.