PDA

View Full Version : How to non restricted sales in QC between individuals

Kobs
02-11-2015, 09:30 AM
First time seller

I just sold a rifle (NR) that was registered (according to the QC laws)
Is there anything i have to do once it's sold to"un-register it" off of my name?
Or the fact that some other QC resident has it is enough, since he will have to register it as well.

I had to ask cause what if i sold it to a non QC resident that does not have to go trough this BS

Thanks

RangeBob
02-11-2015, 09:46 AM
If you sell it to a non QC resident, then you can call the usual Canadian Firearms Center Telephone: 1 800 731-4000 (toll-free number), and tell them you sold it out of province and they will de-register it.

stevesummit
02-11-2015, 09:48 AM
I would assume that once it leaves your hands its of no matter since your provience is the last hold out for registration .

Kobs
02-11-2015, 10:11 AM
What a load of crap, Thanks Range bob for the hint to call the toll free number
I did and according to the lady, the gun registered to my name has to be unregistered and to do so i need to transmit to the RCMP the permit number of the buyer, mine and the serial number of the firearm so they can send a registration form to him

I thought all this BS was reserved to the restricted firearms :smash:

The more i think of it, the more i think the lady had no idea and pulled that out of her hat. My guess is the new owner has to register it and checking if his license is a valid one is the end of my duty as the previous owner cause like Range bob said what if i sold it out of province they would have to just take it off of their gestapo registration anyways

Edit: this is what it says in the RCMP site and that is it for non restricted

When transferring a non-restricted firearm, the transferor (a seller or giver) may contact the CFP and request confirmation of whether the transferee (a buyer or recipient), at the time of transfer, holds a licence authorizing them to acquire and possess that kind of firearm. (No if's and but's for Quebec)

And since i had his license under my nose and it was a valid one...

So i guess i answered my own question loll :tounge:

Kobs
02-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Just to end my thread so it will "maybe" help someone else, the way it needs to be done is to take the license # of the buyer and have YOUR registration form(the one you received with the serial number of your firearm and your name) and of course your license number and call the license number 1 800 731-4000 they will transfer everything to the buyer and send him a registration paper. Easy but so stupid.

blacksmithden
02-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Do you still have the buyers contact and license information ?

Kobs
02-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Nope discarded it after i gave it to the lady at the 1-800 number why?
I have no use for it