PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight Day/Assault Pack

MPH
02-20-2015, 08:08 PM
I was first introduced to the Tactical Tailor Removable Operator Pack on Cougar Defender 2013. I immediately took a liking to it's compactness and simplicity.

Here's a little teaser, as to how I normally have it packed. It's not quite there yet to where I want it. Might need to add a couple pouches to the outside to accommodate my needs as well as an internal pouch to organize admin equipment. I'll update this post as I find out what works and what doesn't.

Tactical Tailor - Removable Operator Pack (Ranger Green)

- OTTE Gear CADPAT TW Patrol Parka
- Arct'eryx LEAF Alpha LT
- Snugpak Enhanced Patrol Poncho (Since removed due to redundancy with Rain Gear)
- Smartwool Medium Weight Hiking Sock (Not Pictured)

- Canadian IMP (Needs to be 3)
- Jetboil

- ECase Waterproof Ziplock

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah138/M_Hyde/A9A4392F-A62E-4F0D-B6BA-5F1D4D4223B7_zps41kmq5ho.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/M_Hyde/media/A9A4392F-A62E-4F0D-B6BA-5F1D4D4223B7_zps41kmq5ho.jpg.html)

Strewth
02-21-2015, 12:52 AM
Yes, I like TT stuff...actually both Tactical Tailor and Tasmanian Tactical:). That looks like a good size bag, can't get too packrattish, but can add pockets if you want them. Everyone should have a Jetboil. Except Mrs. Strewth, who managed to leave the radiator(?) cover on my frypan and melted it. I love how you can fit the stove and two canisters in a Jetboil, with room to spare.

Where did you find the IMPs?

Petamocto
02-21-2015, 08:23 AM
What makes something an "assault" pack?

Foxer
02-21-2015, 08:30 AM
What makes something an "assault" pack?

Usually when the significant other sees the price tag :) If you've already bought it at that point, then it's usually an assault and battery pack.

kennymo
02-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Usually when the significant other sees the price tag :) If you've already bought it at that point, then it's usually an assault and battery pack.

That's why all new purchases go behind the furnace for two months. Then when the inevitable 'when did you get that?' comes up, I can say 'Oh this? I've had it awhile...' guilt free.....:)

awndray
02-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Nice pack. But...no first aid kit?

lone-wolf
02-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Cool pack, it's Removable, do you carry it like a backpack or do you have it mounted on something?

MPH
02-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Cool pack, it's Removable, do you carry it like a backpack or do you have it mounted on something?

I actually carry it like a backpack, it has the ability to be directly attached to a plate carrier or chest rig.

Nice pack. But...no first aid kit?

Blow Out Lit/IFAK is on my vest.

Assault pack, used in section attacks. I don't like the issued small pack. Much better COTS solutions out there.

Foxer
02-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Assault pack, used in section attacks. I don't like the issued small pack. Much better COTS solutions out there.

That makes sense. Tho I would still argue that my definition is still accurate enough for those of us without the excuse of profession to justify it :)

slim
05-16-2015, 07:43 PM

lol.....good one :)

I have a eberlestock pack for high country hunting.....pricey but awesome, the ability to be able to carry a rifle, that's loose enough to not only reach...but draw out while moving is great. And it packs all your gear without flopping around on your back

Maple Leaf Pilgrim
05-17-2015, 05:18 PM
For running dismounted Section Attacks you might want to lighten up on the clothing, remove either the Arctery'x or the Patrol parka and add the BOK as well as a few rounds for your primary. You guys drop your bergens when you make contact after TABing, yeah?

-S.