PDA

View Full Version : Question for All the Married/Otherwise Attached Hunters out there :D

Candychikita
05-28-2012, 01:57 AM
What is it that your female things do while you're out hunting?

Do they come with you? (Do they hunt as well?)
Do they stay home? (Same ol' same ol'?)
Do they do anything special for themselves while you're away? (Spa time, girls only gatherings...etc etc)

I'd appreciate if you guys wouldn't mind taking a moment to ask your ladies...doing a wee bit of market research here.

Thank you ever so much :D :D

arancio
05-28-2012, 04:23 AM
My lady visits her daughter in the U.S. of A. while I am away hunting.

road kill
05-28-2012, 06:34 AM
Swmbo used to go hunting with me, now i send her off to work. Somebody has to hold down a real job.:D

hillbillyr
05-28-2012, 06:53 AM
She does whatever she was going to do anyway (same ol same ol). I don't have to go far to go hunting, no, not far at all. Plus I hunt non stop all year round for various animals and whatnots so it's not really a special occasion and unlike the vast 99% wild meat is cheaper for me than buying from the store.

Currently I am tracking down some feral pigs, man they be tasty.

Prince Jimmy
05-28-2012, 07:44 AM
She says it's her holiday time.....no suppers to cook, no man to clean up after, and no one to steal the tv remote. ;-)

mlehto
05-28-2012, 08:00 AM
She comes out to the cottage with me when we go out there, but doesn't actually come hunting. Someone's gotta make the sandwiches right! :p

Really though, she just does her own thing, reading and relaxing, while I am out, but occasionally comes out for a trail ride on the quads.

This year I convinced her dad to get his licenses, and he and I will be out there while my fiance, and her mom stay home for some girl time.

Other then that I go geese, and duck hunting, coyote hunting, rabbit hunting, and even deer hunting locally when I can and it is just business as usual, as I'm only gone a couple hours at a time.

BuckingFastard
05-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Well miss's used to come, didn't hunt but came out lots, read books, photographs, then she witnessed me actually harvesting a deer. After that is was shopping trips to new York while I went to hunt camp. Now that the boy is to young to come she holds down the fort while I'm gone.

blacksmithden
05-28-2012, 04:37 PM
She does her usual. All I get when I come home is "I don't want to hear about it !"....then a pause.....then "How can you shoot those poor deer ?!"......I only have to open my mouth and then I get another "I don't want to hear about it !" I then usually say "I try to shoot em in the head..they don't run away that way.". Then another "I don't want to hear about it !"...then there's usually some lame reference like "Would you shoot our pets ?" .......I don't call her Greenpeace for nothin. LOL.

jonanddad
05-28-2012, 04:49 PM
lol poor den :(

JustBen
05-28-2012, 04:49 PM
My wife has been following me around hunting for the past couple years. This will be her first hunting season where she's going to have a rifle.

Strewth
05-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Spa weekends here. Many, many spa weekends. What was hillbillyr saying about the 99% and the price of wild meat?

M.T. Chambers
05-28-2012, 06:02 PM
My wife stays at home and does the same as she does before i go hunting and after I come home......complains!

hillbillyr
05-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Spa weekends here. Many, many spa weekends. What was hillbillyr saying about the 99% and the price of wild meat?

For most hunters the cost of wild meat is much more expensive than buying at the store when one factors in all the costs, fuel, camp, possible time loss at work, expenses etc. For me wild meat (deer,elk,moose,feral pig etc) is much cheaper when I factor in all the costs.

My last feral pig was a 45km round trip and processing cost nothing. Pork is what $7-8 lb average? and the closest store is a 68km round trip :)

Strewth
05-28-2012, 07:50 PM
^Oh, I didn't mean I was confused by what you said, I just meant "in reference to"...please don't make me post what I figure my one or two deer a year costs per pound:(...:D

hillbillyr
05-28-2012, 07:53 PM
^Oh, I didn't mean I was confused by what you said, I just meant "in reference to"...please don't make me post what I figure my one or two deer a year costs per pound:(...:D

As an excuse/ justification for a wife to use the cost of hunting to purchase spa weekends LOL

Asphalt Cowboy
06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
wife comes and looks after camp and the 3 youngest while me and the oldest boy are out in the sticks on horses

stevesummit
06-05-2012, 07:08 AM
If my wife doesn't come along which she does about 70% of the time she is at home looking after our son and waiting for us to get home to unload the deer

superbrad
06-05-2012, 07:40 PM
There are some very lucky men in this thread... Good for you boys.. - tip my glass... Well... Ok... I'm redneck... I tip my can... Lol...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Aedomon
06-17-2012, 12:30 PM
My wife stayed home generally speaking, but tagged along once in a while just to spend the time with me. Now that we are split, I don't hunt alone, as my girlfriend and sons are always with me...unless my hunting partner Drache smuggles me out early enough they are all still sleeping.

lone-wolf
06-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Well, I am unattached, but you may be curious about my mother.

She stayed home and looked after my brother and I while my father takes a week for his yearly deer hunt in NS with my uncles & cousins.
I now go on the hunt when I can, but my brother is autistic so she is still looking after him.

BruceW
06-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Last few years wife comes with me, she started hunting a couple years ago. Guess she figured if i was to break my leg or have a heart attack or something out in the bush it'd be tougher to collect the insurance without the body? ;)

Seriously though, she's always liked camping so once the kids were gone it was pretty much natural progression.

jaydog
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
1. What is it that your female things do while you're out hunting?
2. Do they come with you? (Do they hunt as well?)
3. Do they stay home? (Same ol' same ol'?)
4. Do they do anything special for themselves while you're away? (Spa time, girls only gatherings...etc etc)

1. My wife either comes hunting or stays home due to work obligations. June to Dec we are very busy with putting away food so it not unheard of her being up late preserving while I'm out hunting.
2. If she can come with me she does. This ranges from day hunts to 1-2 week events. Tented hunts as well.
3. Not if she can help it! If I'm feeling lazy on a weekend I can get tuned up for not planning a hunting trip.
4. See #1 ;)

The only thing she won't do is go hunting alone. We often split up for a whole day but she counts on me to be around for 'backup' when it comes to dressing and carrying. I do have some great pictures of her with deer on her back though!

Why the market research? Planning a spa that only opens in the fall?:D

Candychikita
06-19-2012, 12:17 AM
bahahaha a b&b actually :D :D with spa services and lots of creature comforts :D :D

joe-nwt
06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I don't have to bribe my wife of 21years in any way. When I go hunting, I go hunting. Just like any other day when I'm away from home. She just carries on doing her thing. Likewise, if she decides to go on a trip (shopping, visits to relatives, etc) I just carry on as normal also. We're both mature enough that if one is absent it's not the end of the world.

skully
06-20-2012, 06:31 PM
The other half does her own thing while im out. she's not really the hunting/hurt an animal type. all she ask's is if i got anything or not, if the answer is yes she wants to hear nothing of it if no than she wants to know if we had seen anything. she wont even be around it until its in the freezer.

Edenchef
09-06-2014, 10:31 PM

Foxer
09-07-2014, 01:03 AM
Well, my mom used to just go on about her life as normal, just as if he was away for business or something. Most of the girls I dated were pretty much the same, even when we were living together. I've never really hunted much with a significant other, for me it's always kind of been that thing that you do for yourself. I don't know how it is for girls but a guy always feels the need to make sure his partner is happy and safe and such, and when you're hunting it's kind of a time when you don't have to think like that.

Mostly I think the women I know just relish in the fact that they've got about 10 days of chick flicks and not cleaning up after someone :)

lone-wolf
09-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Well, my mom used to just go on about her life as normal, just as if he was away for business or something.

same here

Smokechecker
09-07-2014, 04:22 AM
My wife stays at home and does the same as she does before i go hunting and after I come home......complains!

Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hercster
09-07-2014, 07:11 AM
Sometimes we need to look at the native folk to find great wisdom. Of course I learned everything I know from watching TV. Don't the women always clean the fish and scrape the hides while the men smoke belch a lot and exchange lies? :pot:

L33CHW33D
09-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Spend all my money! Muahahaha

bp2626
09-08-2014, 12:44 AM

Do they do anything special for themselves while you're away? (Spa time, girls only gatherings...etc etc)

I'd appreciate if you guys wouldn't mind taking a moment to ask your ladies...doing a wee bit of market research here.

She comes with me if I am in need of a partner or the destination is of interest (Queen Charlottes, Africa, etc). She doesn't hunt, she's a vegetarian.
She stays home sometimes.
Life as usual while I'm away.

I.C.R.
09-08-2014, 02:05 AM
mine is driving me nuts while she gets ready for opening buck season in 2 days LOL
she started hunting 2 years ago but just comes for the deer hunts so far.

Curly1
09-08-2014, 06:40 AM
She says it's her holiday time.....no suppers to cook, no man to clean up after, and no one to steal the tv remote. ;-)

That's what my wife says, your not the guy drinking all my beer while I am hunting are you?

dnepr
09-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Mine is into hunting as I am , she even came equipped with her own 30-06 for big game and 410 for grouse , which is good , she like just going out shooting which is good , she REALLY likes my ruger GSR which is bad lol

Laramie Longhorn
09-08-2014, 12:25 PM
My wife stays home. Can't take the kids out of school for hunting season. (Stupid truancy laws LOL) But she schedules a weekend or something with friends a few times a year to recharge her batteries. So a two week hunting trip is pretty even.

kennymo
09-08-2014, 12:42 PM
My wife stays home. Can't take the kids out of school for hunting season. (Stupid truancy laws LOL) But she schedules a weekend or something with friends a few times a year to recharge her batteries. So a two week hunting trip is pretty even.

I recall quite a few kids used to get pulled,out of school for the opening day of deer season not that long ago. I was the principle's kid so no such luck for me! My buddy's dad would take all three kids for a week, they got to go back to school after they shot their deer. Took a few years but they finally caught on to not shooting until the last day....

As for the wifey, she sometimes comes up to the farm and hangs out while I do my thing. Otherwise she stays home and thinks of reasons to be mad at me, lol. But not that mad, the little one arrived in July, which would put certain activities right in the middle of the deer hunt....

JungleCat
09-08-2014, 01:55 PM
I sometimes think that she sit's there and try's to think of ways to kill me LOL
Bob

Candychikita
09-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Talk about posts from the past :D Still, the questions are still valid :D Market research is always ongoing...the plan for the breakfast part of the b&b is out, but the cottage plan is rocking.

lone-wolf
09-08-2014, 03:46 PM
I sometimes think that she sit's there and try's to think of ways to kill me LOL
Bob

lol, it's funny cause it's believable.

SlickTrick
09-08-2014, 07:14 PM

My wife has not completed her PAL/RPAL, or hunting courses. However, she often comes with me, and gets excited when we see something. I am not so sure she could 'pull the trigger' so to speak, but I am working on that. :) She is however quick to let me know if she sees anything, and has no problems helping me in the cleaning, and she even cooks it! I have oh so got it made!

She even comes bow hunting with me, which is a lot of standing still, and moving very slowly. She is good at both, and I enjoy our time together in this environment.

OEM
09-09-2014, 02:40 PM
My wife prays I come home safe. At least I hope she does, lol!! Actually she does what she does everyday I guess. Which is take care of the household, bills kids dog and all, lol!!

I just work, is all and come home to great meals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk